Cottage in Loch Aweside, Nr. Oban, Stratchclyde (Inc. Islands), Scotland - Peaceful Location, 250m From The Water
Hazel cottage is a delightful 4 bedroom cottage situated just 250m from the shores of loch awe (the jewel of Argyll). Only 15 mins drive from both Inverary and Dalmally, it is ideally placed for enjoying everything that the area has to offer. The cottage is bright and well appointed, with one double bedroom downstairs and one king plus two twin bedrooms upstairs. Two bathrooms, one upstairs with bath and shower over. New downstairs bathroom with corner shower and freestanding roll top bath. Large lounge with calor gas stove and stunning loch views. Sun room. Spacious kitchen diner, again with loch views. Finnish BBQ hut which is perfect for year round eating, drinking and celebrating. Multi-levelled deck with fabulous loch and mountain views. Ample parking. New for autumn 2013. Free wi-fi for guests.
Top Traveller Review
Idyllic holiday getaway
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Thank you for letting us stay in your wonderful home. We had a fabulous time. Hope to come back soon' Mandy & Andrew Richardson and family, Somerset
"We had a fabulous break. The cottage was beautiful and set in a fantastic location. This was our first trip to Scotland and I can honestly say we wished we had booked for longer - we didn't want to come home. We will be visiting again and will definitely look to stay at Hazel Cottage." Chris Jackson, Preston
2 holidaymaker reviews
Idyllic holiday getaway
We stayed here March 2016. It's very spacious, clean, comfortable and well maintained in an idyllic setting overlooking loch awe. It has a pub within easy walking distance, a boat yard at the end of the drive and lots to do nearby but I would have been happy just sitting in the cottage looking at the views. It is very well equipped and has a bbq hut in the garden and a stream running by the garden. I would definitely reccomend this place, can easily sleep 8, with 2 bathrooms too.
Great cottage in lovely location!
We had a great week-long holidays in your lovely cottage.
The House itself is big, comfortable and well equipped. THe location could not be any better: lake, forrest, mountains... plenty to do and to keep kids occupied. We will miss the boats, walks and the Finnish BBQ hut!!!
Even the Dog was happy!
Definitely will be visiting again.
Michal & Karolina
Activity and Interests
250m from the shores of Loch Awe. Fishing permits and boat hire available.
Just over an 1.5 hours drive from Glasgow. Use of a car is highly recommended. Easy walking locally, less than 5 minutes stroll to Ardbrecknish House (bar and evening meals). 5 minutes drive to Portsonachan Hotel (bar and restaurant).
Portsonachan 2 miles. Dalmally 8 miles. Inverary 12 miles. Taynuilt 15 miles. Oban 30 miles.
Ardbrecknish and Lochaweside offer the ideal base for fishing, boating, golfing, touring, cycling and walking. Highlights of the local area include:
Lochaweside - Forest and hill walks, wildlife, cycle hire, fishing, sailing, boating, canoeing, gardens, archaeological sites and castles.
Dalmally Area - 8 miles Golf course, steamer cruises, Cruachan – The Hollow Mountain, salmon leap and river fishing, Kilchurn Castle and St Conan’s Kirk.
Inveraray Area - 12 miles, Tourist information centre, castle, jail visitor centre, wildlife park, golf course, sea fishing, pony trekking, Auchindrain Museum of Country Life.
Taynuilt Area -15 miles, Museums, golf course, trout fishery, sea fishing, Loch Etive cruises, gardens, River Awe canoeing.
Oban Area -30 miles, Tourist information office, historic buildings, CalMac ferry terminal for Western Isles, golf course, museums, and exhibitions, cinemas, live evening entertainment, gliding, sea fishing, salmon visitor centre, swimming pools, beaches, Rare Breeds Park, Sea Life Centre.
Loch Awe is the leading wild fishing loch in Scotland. Stretching over 24 miles in length, it is home to a wide assortment of fish including char, salmon, pike and trout, both brown and rainbow. The Loch holds the record for the largest rod-caught brown trout caught in Britain, in 2000, with a weight just short of 32lbs. The game season for salmon and trout is from mid March to mid October. Course fishing for perch, roach and pike is all year round. Fishing permits are available at several outlets throughout Central Scotland. Local outlets are Loch Awe Stores in Lochawe, Loch Awe Boats (just a few minutes walk from Hazel Cottage) and Awe Service Station at Bridge of Awe. Permits cost £6.00 per day, £12.00 for three days, £20.00 per week, £60.00 for the season (half-price for juveniles and concessions). There is no charge for children under 12 who are accompanied by a permit-holding adult.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable 20% deposit is payable on booking. The balance is payable six weeks prior to the commencement of the letting period booked and includes a £150 good housekeeping deposit. For bookings made six weeks or less prior to the commencement of the tenancy, the full rent together with any additional charges, must be paid at the time the booking is made.
Usual lets Sat-Sat. Short breaks (Sat-Tues or Tues-Sat) available (not in peak season).
Notes on prices:
Discounts for short breaks 3/4 nights. 15% discount for couples in low-mid season. Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Inc gas and first £25 of electricity.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Newly fitted downstairs bathroom with walk-in corner shower, roll-top bath and wc. Newly fitted upstairs bathroom with bath/shower over and wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with king size bed and loch views. Bedroom 3 with twin beds and loch views. Bedroom 4 with twin beds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Heating by night storage heaters and panel heaters. First £25 of fuel included. Babies and children well provided for - cot, highchair, stair gates, booster seat, bed guard, microwave steriliser, games, toys and books all provided free of charge. Well behaved pets only by prior arrangement and subject to a weekly fee. Please enquire for more details. Strictly no smoking. GUESTSCAN - We are members of The Guestscan Association, who maintain a database of information about guests whose behaviour is unacceptable. We may share your information with members of the Guestscan Association and Guestscan Limited. This may result in our members refusing to accept bookings from you in the future. Further information about how your information may be used is available at www.guestscan.co.uk.Your information will never be shared with any other party for advertising or marketing purposes. Outside: Outdoor seating area, gas and coal BBQs, sun room. Extensive new decked area with gates, creating a safe play area for young children and affording stunning views of the Cruachan mountain range and Loch Awe. For the ultimate in cool and funky dining, guests will also be able to enjoy the new Finnish BBQ hut which is perfect for year round eating, drinking and celebrating. Midge machine running throughout the season. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels (not beach towels) included. Property cleaned and bedding/towels changed weekly. Other: Sun room with ceiling blinds, candles, furniture and heater.