Salen....Acharacle Argyll - Stunning location in the Ardnamurchan peninsula the most westerly part of the British mainland
Salen Cottage overlooks Salen bay and is 40 meters from the Atlantic Ocean
Salen Cottage was built in 1853 and was the original Police station incorporating the jail
The cottage has been extensively and tastefully renovated recently and has full central heating and a really cosy multi fuel stove
We also provide a 32"flat screen television and free view satellite and a DVD player
Free WI FI is also available as is a good mobile signal from the cottage and around the area generally
About the Owner
My Dad Was born and brought up in Acharacle which is 2 Miles away .My Mum belonged to Tobermory ,Isle of Mull.
I stay in my new house in Acharacle but atayed in Salen Cottage for 17 years
Activity and Interests
We have various beaches close by at Ardtoe (4miles) Dorlin (4 miles) and the singing sands about an hours walk along a superb forestry route Well worth the effort
The nearest airports are Glasgow which is 3 hours drive or north to Inverness about 2.5 hours drive
Loads of places of interest too many to mention here but Castle Tioram is located in Dorlin (4 miles) away a really stunning location
We also have a first class art gallery at Resipole Farm (1.5 ) miles away
Acharacle (2 miles) has restaurants hotel at he away and tea rooms bad grocery shop and post of office
Salen has a new jetty and a lovely small general store and cafe
Salen Hotel is 2 minutes walk from the cottage and are renowned for their superb hospitality and dining room and bar
Salen Is a Small village right on the sea .
we have a new Jetty and a really exciting new shop with all the groceries and daily paper one would require plus a wee cafe for coffee and tea and great home bakes .
Salen Hotel which is virtually less than 2 minutes away has a great bar and just brilliant food ( best to book for dinner)
Acharacle is just 2 Miles away and has a great hotel .Local grocery shop..post office ..take away ..bakery and really good tearoom
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A small deposit will secure your booking and balance due 2 weeks before arrival .
Just contact us via email or phone
Change over is normally Saturday to Saturday
Arriving after 4 pm and vacating by 10 am
Other days could be booked if so required at time of inquiry
Deposit of £100.00 on booking and balance to be paid 2 weeks before arrival
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- 1 bathroom with W.c wash hand basin and bath with shower over
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 3 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: 1 bedroom with a king size bed or can be separated to provide 2 single beds A cot or blow up bed can also be provided if required
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Salen cottage is a really unique experience. Just come and enjoy the cottage and chill ...Or come and explore the most remote part of the UK peninsula. Whether your into walking or climbing or wild life, its all here. Outside: There is a small walled garden to the front with a garden bench ideal to sit with your glass of wine and watch the activity in the bay A small barbecue is also provided as is an outdoor table and chairs A whirlybird clothes drier is situated at the rear of the cottage Utility Room: This is the boot room ideal for your boots and jackets bikes canoes etc In here is also a washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All required towels are included Other: We have a Boot room. Which is a room that is going to be knocked down soon and made part of the extension. It has proved so popular that we are thinking to incorporate that. Perfect for bikes canoes boots and wet stuff.