Farmhouse from Riudarenes,Girona. 7 bedrooms with bath in each, sitting/dining room, big kitchen
Standing halfway between the Pyrenean mountains and the blue Mediterranean sea, within easy reach of the old town of Girona and the cosmopolitan Barcelona city. Can Micos is also near to the amazing pine-fringed beaches of the Costa Brava and the vibrant Mediterranean resorts with their shops, bars, and restaurants. Can Micos is an old country house, near to the village of Riudarenes, in the region of La Selva. Set in peaceful, country fields it offers a comfortable base from which to enjoy the beauties of nature walking through fragrant woods and meadows, or simply relaxing on one of the sunny or shady patios, reading or dreaming the day away or enjoying a tasty barbecue, washed down by the excellent local wine, by the swimming pool!
About the Owner
Hello, my name's Carmen and I'm the owner of Can
Micos. I was born here in the village of Riudarenes and although I have lived in other parts of Catalunya, in Switzerland and in England my heart has remained here in the village of my childhood!
After the years past I am developing the job with lot of love like my parents did. My pleasure is opening up the home to my friends and guests, to show them what
rural tourism has to offer, and invite them to share the beauty, tranquillity and respect that I feel for Can Micos and its surroundings.
It´s a natural show of smells and colours depending of the season of the year!
From the Owner
“In 1860 my grandfather bought Can Micos. My grandfather was a very hard-working and thrifty man.When he had some money saved, he only spent buying another new piece of land. In 1954 when my grandfather died, my mother inherited the estate. At that time I was 6 years old. In 1999 I became the owner of Can Micos. Throughout my childhood I lived in this house I have fond memories, and I feel that it is the best place in the world. I love the house. I love the location. I love the fields, the village, the forest, even the mountains that I have looked at all my life.”
Activity and Interests
The railway station (France/Barcelona) is only 4kms far from the house . Bus service.
From 25 minutes we have all the south of Costa Brava the beach of Blanes, the pretty cala sant Francec, cala Boadellla, santa Cristina. The long beach of Lloret de Mar, cala Canyellas, Tossa de mar, cala Giberola, cala Salions, Sant Feliu de Guixols , S´Agaró, Sa Conca, Platja d´Aro, etc.
In the villages the small shops and businesses generally open from 09.30 - 13.00 and from 17.00 - 20.00 and the Supermarkets from 09.30 - 20.00.
Banks open Monday - Friday from 08.30 - 14.00 (but with 24 hr cash machines) they're not open on a Saturday.
Post office opens from Mon- Frid. 08.30 - 14.00. Sat 09.30 - 13.00.
Maçanet, Sils and Riudarenes Shops in the centre of the village are opened on a Sunday morning but closed on a Monday. Weekly market on a Wed.
Vidreres: Shops are closed on a Sunday. Weekly market on a Thurs. Known as the Gastronomic Village for it's wide selection of restaurants!
There are weekly markets in every town and village offering everything from fresh fruit and vegetables to shoes, clothes and livestock!
There are excellent, well priced, restaurants throughout this region offering a lunch-time 'menu of the day' which includes 3 courses with bread and wine!
(Most of the farmhouse restaurants "Masias"open for lunchtime 13.00 - 16.00 but only open at night at the week-ends or for "fiestas".)
There are numerous activities in the immediate area for all ages:
eg. Water-Parks, Karting, Horse riding and even Ballooning!
For the more adventurous 'traveller', take to the skies in a hot air balloon! The 'launch pad' is only 15 mins. drive from the property.
The beaches and resorts of the Costa Brava offer a wide range of activities from late night bars and discos to snorkelling, diving, para-sailing and coastal cruises.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Low season Octob Novemb Decemb
1 Oct 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Low season Genery Febrery Marc
1 Jan 2017 - 31 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Mid low season
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Stay tax||€0 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the manager upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 16 years.|
VERY IMPORTANT-NOTES ON PRICES LOW AND MID SEASONS
Prices are in Euros ( taxes are not included) for 7 nights for the all house, 7 double bed rooms with bath room in each .
On the ground floor of the farmhouse there are 3 b/rooms and 3 bathrooms, sleeping up to a total of 9 guests with all facilities . On the first floor there are 4 double b/rooms with bathroom in each. A total of 7 b/rooms and 7 bathrooms, sleeping up to 17 Guests.
*Please check with me Carmen if we have a standing offer ! .
Prices are in euros for the whole house -a total of 7 b/rooms and 7 bathrooms, sleeping up to 17 Guests .
MID AND LOW SEASON:
Please note : Whether renting for 9 or for 17, the farmhouse is for your sole use.
Included in the price:
Private Swimming-Pool with sun loungers and swings for the kids,covered parking and large playground , Bed-linen and Towels, hot Water, Electricity, Gas, fully equipped kitchen, Heating , Final Clean and free WIFI .
**Autumn/Winter specially discounted prices are available . Please check with me Carmen for full details**
The arrival day is flexible throughout the year except between the first week in July to the last week in August when the preferred arrival day is Saturday
Arrivals from 17.00hrs. Please call, SMS or email with approx arrival time. Departure by 10.00 hrs. Please check with me for alternative times and I'll do my best to accommodate you.
As families or groups have different needs for any questions feel free to contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be very welcome !!!
Manager's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“If you visit us, will enjoy the tranquillity we have. With long gardens for strolling, playing, walking along the paths and know our neighborhood or if you wish just relax reading under a shade at the swimming pool. Can Micos it is located only 2 kms from the village of Riudarenes where you can find everything for food, fresh fish and country vegetables, daily bread from Josep my favorite baker, good meat (produced in Girona ) . Only 20 kms by motorway you will find "el Celler de Can Roca" nº1 of the world´s 50 best restaurants in 2015. 1h. You're also only 1 hour from Barcelona , although I suggest visiting the city by train from Sils as it´s easy and cheap. During your stay the benefit is that I live close by, but independent of the main house and can be of assistance to you for whatever you need at any time. You will always be very welcome to contact me and I will look forward to your visit.”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Ping Pong Table
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- pets considered ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- naturist beach
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 7 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Up stairs: 1-2: pink/green bathrooms (washbasin, toilet, bathtub shower) 3-4: blue/orange bathrooms.(washbasin, toilet, bathtub shower) Ground floor: 1-2-3: bathrooms. (washbasin, toilet, bathtub shower and bidet)
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 17
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, Ground Floor:Space for an additional single bed and/or Cot.
- Bedroom 7 - 1 Large Double Bed, First Floor
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, First Floor
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed, First Floor
- Bedroom 6 - 2 Single Bed, First Floor
- Bedroom 2 - 3 Single Bed, Ground Floor:Space for an additional single bed and/or Cot.
- Bedroom 3 - 3 Single Bed, Ground Floor:Space for an additional single bed and/or Cot.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 17 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All bedrooms have bed-side tables, wardrobes and en suite bath or shower rooms.
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Can Micos has 2 floors: On the ground floor there are 3 b/rooms with ensuite bathrooms, kitchen, sitting rooms etc. First floor with 4 b/rooms with ensuite bathrooms. Has full central heating for the cooler months and Wifi is available throughout the house. At night the house is illuminated. The main door is automatic. There is a 42-inch television, DVD, video and table games. In the swimming pool area the grass is watered by an automatic sprinkling system. The parking for cars is covered. Outside: Can Micos has splendid gardens with several terraces and patios. In the swimming pool area the grass is cut weekly and there are 8 sun loungers, table and chairs . The private pool size is: 4.50m wide x 9.50m long and deep. For al fresco meals, there is a long table with benches shaded from the hot summer sun and which can be heated in the cooler winter months. As you will see , the house and grounds are spacious enough for energetic families and have lots of outdoor space and additional cooking and eating facilities by the pool, so that everyone can enjoy our wonderful Mediterranean climate throughout the year! Utility Room: washing machine, freezer, and storage area for additional beds. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are included. The house, grounds and pool will be cleaned and prepared for your arrival with beds made up for you. Laundry is changed weekly.