Apartment in Leme Bedje, Santa Maria, Sal Island, Cape Verde - A Peaceful And Charming Location And Only A Short Walk To The Beach
A Penthouse Apartment situated on the beach front complex of Leme Bedje, with its private well maintained gardens and only a stones throw to the beach. The location is secluded, peaceful, and quite charming with a heated swimming pool which is perfect for adults and children.
If you like Kite Surfing, Windsurfing or Body Boarding then Leme Bedje is perfect for you with 2 centers on the beach to accommodate all your needs. If you would prefer to chill then the beach bar is the place to relax and watch the world go by.
The town of Santa Maria is only 10 minutes walk to where you will find a good selection of bars, restaurants and shops.
On the complex itself is a small shop with all your needs for the apartment. Wi-Fi is available for a small cost at the reception desk and if you have any other questions then they are more than willing to help.
Cape Verde has endless days of totally clear blue skies and hours of warming tropical sunshine make this an ideal all year round location.
Why not take a stroll along the beautiful sandy white beaches with turquoise crystal clear waters lapping around your toes. This is the devote sun seekers delight and the fanatic water sporters dream.
About the Owner
I live in a little seaside village called Seahouses in Northuberland UK with my family. I run a small guest house in Seahouses and my husband is a skipper of Serenity Farne Island Boat Tours.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with Cape Verde some years ago, so we decided to buy a place which was in a quiet area but close to all the shops, bars and restaurants. We also felt that Leme Bedje was perfect location for our family and very close to the beach. The all round sunshine was a bonus and the relaxed attitude was just perfect for us.”
Activity and Interests
The Leme Bedje complex is opposite the beach and only a few minute's walk from the apartment and only a 10 minute walk to the pier beach where you will see the local fisherman landing their catch of the day. It has golden sands which go on for miles and miles.
Leme Bedje is only 15 minutes by taxi to Cape Verde's Sal International Airport and should cost no more than 15 euros.
Santa Maria town centre is a 5 minute stroll from Leme Bedje complex where you will find a great number of superb bars and restaurants. There are a growing number of shops selling local artwork and of course banks, pharmacy, some surf shops, bakery and grocery shops etc. The capital of Espargos is around a 20 minute drive away, where you can go by taxi for 15 Euro or experience the local alugier minibus for 4 Euro, alternatively there is the port of Palmeira about 30 min away and about 10 Euros.
In Santa Maria there are many restaurants, bars, shops, banks, bakery and mini markets are the area but below Leme Bedje is a small shop. If you like watching other people work then head to the main pier where you can watch the Cape Verdian ladies clean and prepare the fish to sell. For the more energetic try your hand at one of the many water sports on offer from kite surfing, body boarding, wind surfing, diving or snorkelling. Jet Ski hire and fishing all are available within a few minutes walk or try a boat trip to see the Whales and Dolphins (A must do during the season) Santa Maria is renowned world wide for its water sports, and is the home of Josh Angulo a former world windsurfing champion, the world windsurfing championships have been held in Santa Maria since 2008. His bar and restaurant are on the beach opposite our Leme Bedje apartment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
13 Jan 2016 - 13 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings may be done by telephone which we think is easier as you might have a question to ask or by email. A 25% deposit is required to secure the booking, and full payment due 8 weeks prior to departure. Payment can be made by online transfer or by cheque. Flights go from; London Gatwick, Birmingham and Manchester. Please call or email us direct for if you require extra nights or a longer stay.
On the day of departure we may be able to accommodate a late check out if another guest is not expected, a bonus for parents with children with no extra cost. If we can not do this due to someone else arriving then its 12pm departure.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Leme Bedje was situated in the right area for us, with the beach being close to the apartment, the private pool and the surrounding area of the complex. We are far enough away from all the hustle and bustle of the town centre but only 10 minutes walk if you want to be in it.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 44 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Main bathroom with shower, sink, toilet and toiletry storage.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - 2 single beds with built in wardrobe and bedside draws. Bedroom 2 - double bed on mezzanine with bedside draws and large dressing table.
- Outside: The Leme Bedje complex is in a charming and idyllic position located directly opposite the white sandy beach. The complex has a large freshwater swimming pool leading from the baby pool all the way around to deep end that is ideal for adults. There are plenty of poolside furniture and beautifully landscaped and well maintained gardens. The apartment has sea views and a table at chairs to relax after your days adventures. The beach is a stones throw away, with warm shallow waters is an ideal spot for children and adults alike to swim. This part of the beach is on the South of the Island and is the calmest section of water on Sal Island. Angulo's Bar and Restaurant is the best spot to enjoy a sunrise and sunset drink. with a no stress, chilled out ambiance, with sofas, sun beds, and hammocks for you to sunbathe on the beach or chill in the shade on what feels like your own section of private beach. There is also a surf shop and WiFi in the beach bar. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath and hand towels, bed linen and bedding provided. The property is cleaned weekly with all the linen and towels changed too.