Cottage in Porthscatho, Cornwall, England - Quiet Location, Moments Stroll To The Beach And Village. Great Views. Super Outdoor Space
Snipe Holiday Cottage is located in an elevated position in the popular Roseland village of Portscatho that maximises the coastal, sea and village views. Snipe Cottage is located at the end of quiet cul de sac in the picturesque, seaside village of Portscatho in the heart of the Roseland. Newly, completely refurbished in 2015, Snipe Cottage is furnished in a contemporary "coastal style", offering bright and light accommodation - making it the perfect base for your holiday on the Roseland Peninsula.
About the Owner
We are very keen to ensure that all our guests have the holiday of a lifetime, with all needs being catered for. We really do try to think of everything that a guest might need. Many of our guests return year after year they love our properties so much. We want our properties to have those little extras that make a holiday special.
Guestbook comments from the manager
As this cottage is new to the holiday market, we do not have any guest comments as yet.
From the Owner
“The owners purchased this property due to the quiet / peaceful location couple with stunning sea / coastal views and being only 2 minutes from the Village of Portscatho and the Beach.”
Activity and Interests
The small sheltered harbour at low water turns into two beaches that are very sheltered. Portscatho, (which in Cornish means ‘harbour of boats’) used to have a thriving pilchard fishing industry and is still the base for a number of inshore boats. The two beaches are known locally as Tatams and Porth and are joined at low water: both are good for sailing kayaking and similar watersports (but not Jet Skis). There are fine views across Gerrans Bay.
Close by are Porthcurnick and Pendowers beach.
Newquay Airport is about 20 miles away.
Truro and St Austell have the nearest train and coach stations.
Road travel is via M4/M5 from the North and East then via Okehampton or Plymouth at Exeter.
St Mawes is about 5 miles away - another lovely village on the Roseland with a castle, ferry to Falmouth, small beach, sailing - great for lunch at the Tresanton Hotel.
Mevagissey is 15 miles away - another picturesque fishing village with a great range of individual shops, lovely harbour, fresh fish, good range of dining options.
The local village of Veryan is about 5 miles away - which also has a corner shop for supplies.
Main food shop is Ralph's, which is open 7 days a week. Fresh pasties each day.
Post Office operates a cash machine service at the counter and sells all sorts of things, not least for being on the beach and fishing.
Butcher, AR Day, is next-door to Ralph's and is very good.
The Harbourmaster, Simon Taffinder has an excellent shop for very fresh fish, lobster and crabs up at Curgurrel Farm in Rosevine (TR2 5EN) a mile away.
Half way up the hill on the left there is a doctor’s surgery and dispensary open 8:30 am to 5:00 pm during the week.
There are two pubs which both do food. Graham runs The Plume in the village. At the top of the hill, technically the village of Gerrans, Dave runs the Royal Standard.
The Boathouse Restaurant in the village is known for its fish. It also has a fish and chip window adjacent to the main restaurant. It is open early evening only.
In high summer there is also an increasingly famous beach shack restaurant above Porthcurnick Beach called the Hidden Hut
The Driftwood Hotel just outside of the village is amazing.
There are three art galleries in Portscatho.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Nov / Dec 2016
29 Oct 2016 - 20 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Christmas / New Year 2016
21 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
4 Jan 2017 - 10 Feb 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Preferred changeover day during High Season (July and August) - Friday.
Flexible other times of the year.
Arrival after 4.30 pm. Departure before 10.30 am.
Preferred changeover day is Friday during high season - can be more flexible during low season.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property, per week in UK Pounds. Discounts may be offered for 4 persons or less out of season. Please enquire. All prices are fully inclusive of: Cotton linen. Towels. Welcome pack. Wireless broadband access. Reasonable utility costs. 25% deposit upon booking and balance 8 weeks before arrival or total balance payable via monthly instalments.
e-mail for further details and booking form.
25% deposit required - balance payable within 8 weeks of holiday commencement or whole balance payable by monthly instalments.
Payment by bank transfer, cheque, credit/debit cards via PayPal. Can accept euros.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Newly fitted Kitchen and Bathrooms. Great terrace with glass surround to enjoy the stunning sea views / sunsets. Relaxing Mezzanine / Snug area. Up to date Equipment white goods, heating etc. Wood Burning Stove. WiFi.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Bath, Shower Over, WC, WHB, Heated Towel Rail Bathroom 2 - Walk-in Shower, WC, WHB, Heated Towel Rail Both Newly Fitted
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - kingsize bed, sea views Bedroom 2 - double bed - sea views Bedroom 3 - twin beds - sea views All good quality, new beds with white, cotton sheets and towels.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Snipe Cottage offers spacious, light and airy holiday accommodation in a coastal style property set in an elevated position above the Roseland Village of Portscatho. The key features of the property are: - superb sea views - garden / raised deck with sea views across the bay - private, off road parking - a rarity in the Village - sea views from most rooms - 2 bathrooms - set over 3 levels - open plan kitchen / diner - snug mezzanine level - newly fitted and equipped kitchen - wood burning stove - good size garden - double glazing - oil fired central heating - WiFi Internet Access - pets welcome Outside: Snipe Cottage's garden and raised deck area is a great feature of the property - offering a perfect place to relax, enjoy a sundowner at the end of a busy day, sunbathe, read a book or just watch the world go by. Parking for 1 car a short distance from the property. Utility Room: Washing Machine Tumble Dryer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: White Cotton Linen and Towels are provided and changed weekly. The property is thoroughly cleaned prior to the arrival of our guests. We also provide a Welcome Pack. Other: Mezzanine level providing a "Snug" area above the living room. Views towards the bay from the vellum window.