House in Menerbes, Luberon National Park, Vaucluse, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - On The Edge Of Beautiful Luberon Village, Yet Spacious And Totally Secluded
The property offers the benefits of very spacious accommodation, complete privacy, wonderful views, a large swimming pool, and very close proximity to a lovely village. The house itself affords plentiful space for two people, with a large and characterful kitchen diner which opens out to a great outside dining area with glorious views, and a huge living room. The white walls and high ceilings, together with a mixture of local hand painted and modern furniture give the house a cool Provencal feel. The 3000sq m of grounds are laid out in terraces which afford wonderful views across the valley and vineyards below the house, to the Luberon mountains beyond, and many shaded and open sunbathing spots. The same views can be had from the covered balcony outside of the kitchen, from where you can also view the swimming pool two terrace levels below the house. Two dinning tables and a barbecue are located on this balcony, so al-fresco dining can be enjoyed whatever the weather. A four minute walk from the property takes you into the centre of the beautiful village of Menerbes, made famous as the location of Peter Mayle's well known book 'A Year in Provence'. At the time of writing, the village has four restaurants, two bakers, a grocery, a chemist, and various other amenities. The village itself sits in the Luberon National Park - an area of outstanding natural beauty. Within a short drive are some of the other wonderful villages of the area such as Gordes, Lacoste, Bonnieux, Rousillon and Lourmarin. It should be noted that the terraced nature of the property unfortunately renders it unsuitable for anyone with impaired mobility, or small children.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'What a beautiful place. So Peaceful. And we are veterans of Provence!' J&PS Norfolk
'This place is magical - beautiful!' M&KS London
'We have had the most magical week here, in the beautiful house and countryside' JH Cornwall
'The house is perfect, and the area absolutely beautiful. Menerbes is a very special village' AC London
It was good to find a French character property with a light, airy living room. 'We were very pleased, and enjoyed the house, the pool, and Menerbes' M&SB Berkshire
Activity and Interests
Cassis approximately 90 minutes drive
Marseille Airport - 50 mins drive. Avignon Airport - 35 mins drive. Nimes Airport - 90 mins drive. Avignon TGV - 40 mins drive. Calais - 10 hours drive. Use of a car is highly recommended when staying at this property.
Menerbes - 300 m
Coustellet (bank and supermarket) - 6 km
Cavaillon - 17 km
Apt - 20 km
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Guests will be asked to proved a deposit upon booking. Full payment for the rental period will be due not later than 8 weeks before the commencement date.
Changeover day is Saturday.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- not suitable for children
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite shower room to the bedroom, with wc, washbasin and hanging space.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom with one double bed, side tables, and a chest of drawers.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Part of the house will be closed off, and not accessible for guests. This part of the accommodation will not be used by anyone else when guests are in occupation of the house. Outside: The balcony outside the kitchen has two dining tables, seating for eight, and two sun loungers. There is a gas barbeque on this balcony. The grounds are terraced, and are largely lawned with lavender, oleanders, and many different types of tree including two lovely olives at either end of the pool. The swimming pool is private and is 11m x 4m. There are sun loungers and a bench beside the pool. Utility Room: Washing machine. Towels and bed linen are provided and changed at the end of the stay.