Cottage in Middle Hendra, Port Isaac, Cornwall, England - Only five minutes walk down to the sea, and five minutes drive from Port Isaac of Doc Martin fame.
Deer Park truly offers the best of all worlds - a stunning, peaceful setting, awe-inspiring views, with plenty of extremely comfortable and well-appointed space inside. Sit out on the terrace and drink in the view, or pop down to one of several great pubs in Port Gaverne and Port Isaac just two miles down the road. The large and airy kitchen has a four-door Aga and huge farmhouse table, with two sets of French doors opening out onto the terrace. Directly above the kitchen is the larger of the two sitting rooms, and has commanding views all the way up the coastline to Tintagel and Lundy on the horizon. A wood burner, comfy sofas and large TV with Sky provide a cosy retreat if the weather is chilly. Downstairs, the snug has an open fire and more comfy seating. Masses of books, board games and jigsaws provide extra diversion. Those of you who love Doc Martin will recognise many locations very close by, including the whole of Port Isaac, which is Port Wenn in the programme. The great surfing beach of Polzeath is five miles away, and the wonderful sailing mecca of Rock is a similar distance. Take the ferry from Rock across to Padstow for fantastic gastronomic experiences at one of Stein's places, and many wonderful stately homes and gardens are within a 30 minute drive.
About the Owner
I used to be an hotelier and loved it, despite the hellish hours. Looking after friends and family is something I love to do now, making sure they have everything they need to relax and be comfortable - and the same goes for guests at Deer Park.
From the Owner
“At Deer Park we are surrounded by fields, sky and sea, which means complete peace - and yet we are only minutes away from the bustle of Port Isaac, the surfing and sailing beaches of Polzeath and Rock and the foodie paradise that is Padstow.”
Activity and Interests
5 minutes walk from the house down to the sea and a lovely rocky inlet. Sandy beaches are too many to mention, the closest being only a 5 minute drive away at Port Gaverne - and recently voted one of the safest beaches in Cornwall.
Newquay airport is very well served from all major UK airports including Gatwick.
Port Isaac, of Doc Martin fame, is the nearest village and is a five minute drive away. Nathan Outlaw has two restaurants there - one in the harbour, with one Michelin Star, and another, just opened, which has spectacular sea views, and two Michelin Stars. There are also many many other places to eat - pubs and restaurants. Rock and Padstow are a 15 minute drive (and foot ferry for Pastow). 15 minutes drive up the coast are the historic villages of Boscastle and Tintagel.
Port Isaac has a great, newly refurbished supermarket, a cashpoint and many boutique shops, whilst the local Market Town of Wadebridge, at seven miles away, offers everything else a good town should. The places of interest in Cornwall are many and diverse, ranging from Michelin Star eating at Port Isaac, Rock and Padstow to world famous gardens at the Eden Project, Heligan and others. Coasteering and all other water activities are available within a matter of a few miles. Sailing and water skiing lessons are available at Rock, and St Enedoc, also in Rock, is a famous and beautiful golf course.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
To secure your booking we ask for a deposit of 1/3 of the full amount, with the balance being paid 6 weeks before your holiday starts. A deposit of £400 will be required together with final payment against any unfortunate breakages or damage.
Changeover day is on a Friday, but we are very happy to be flexible about this if at all possible. Arrival is from 3.30 pm and departure by 10.30 am.
Notes on prices:
If the dates you wish for are not indicated, please get in direct touch with us. Likewise, if you would like to alter your arrival or departure date then we are happy to be flexible if at all possible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The views here are arguably the best I have seen in Cornwall.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom with bath to bedroom 1, two further bathrooms and fourth shower room.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has windows on three sides, a seven foot double bed with views to die for and is en-suite. Bedroom 2 has a kingsized bed (can be twinned) bedrooms 3 & 4 have double beds, and bedroom 5 has bunk beds. All these bedrooms are full of character!
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is well spaced out over five bedrooms, and all on the first floor. Outside: Deer Park has its own lawns to the back and front of the house, and a lovely slate terrace directly outside the kitchen, overlooking the sea. There is a large table, chairs and comfy seating on another lower level. Shrubs and a traditional stone hedge surround the lawn on the sea side of the house, and you can enjoy an lunchtime or evening BBQ on the terrace with one of the best views in Cornwall right there. Utility Room: This room has a freezer, washing machine, dryer, microwave and Belfast sink. Direct access to terrace and plenty of hooks for coats. Plenty of storage and access to shower room and loo. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included, as are complimentary zipped packs of good quality toiletries - one per couple! Other: A slate flagged entrance hall has a secondary staircase to the first floor, and another sofa.