Cottage in Manorbier, Pembrokeshire, Wales - Detached, 5 Star, Dogs Welcome
‘Swallows’ is a detached three bedroomed cottage, tastefully converted from a former farm outbuilding adjacent to our own home, and all set in 7 acres in a secluded rural position. Rated 5 Stars by The Welsh Tourist Board. Dogs Welcome. We are less than 1.5 miles from the unspoilt coastal village of Manorbier, with its lovely sheltered beach, 12th century castle, attractive church, village shop and post office, garage, tea rooms, public house, and hotel.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thank you both for all your hospitality. Swallows is a wonderful location for visiting Pembrokeshire, and having great weather has made it perfect! Hope to see you again next year." - August 2014
"We looked forward to our holiday here all year - can't wait to come back again in 2015!" - July 2014
"Great to be back, hope to see you again soon!" - April 2014
Activity and Interests
Manorbier was described by the Guardian as 'The perfect seaside village'. Within 20 minutes walk from Swallows you can be on Manorbier beach, with its waves, rock pools and sand. Also within walking distance are Church Doors, Skrinkle, Presipe and Swan Lake, all accessible from the Coastal Path.
Less than 10 minutes drive east is Tenby and it's popular beaches. To the west is the town of Pembroke, also Barafundle and Broadhaven South beach's and the famous surf beach of Freshwater West.
Cardiff and Bristol airport's are within 2 and a half hours travel.
There is a bus stop at the top of the drive and Manorbier is also served by a Railway Station, no more than 5 minutes drive from Swallows.
Distance to Manorbier Village and Castle is 1 mile.
Distance to Manorbier Beach is approximately 1 and a half miles.
Nearest Pub is Lydstep Tavern approximately half a mile.
Distance to nearest town is approximately 4 miles either to Tenby or Pembroke.
Online shopping can be arranged for delivery through Tesco.
Within 2 miles of Swallows there are a variety of eateries available.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
19th November - 17th December
19 Nov 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Christmas & New Year
21 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
Changeover Day: Wednesday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Electricity and Oil charged as per stay. Please contact owner regarding any queries.
Please contact owner.
The period of letting for Swallow is from 3pm on the day of arrival to 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Short Breaks subject to availability. Christmas and New Years dates can be flexible. Please contact owner for further details.
PLEASE CONTACT OWNER
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite with downstairs bedroom. Cloak room downstairs. Bathroom with shower over upstairs.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 Twin Bed Room, 1 King Sized, both with wardrobe's, chest(s) of drawers, bedside lights. 1 King Size En-suite (ground floor), with bedside cabinets and lights, dressing table, built-in wardrobes. Each bedroom equipped with hair dryer and clock radio.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Well-behaved pets are welcome by arrangement at no extra charge but no more than two dogs please. Oil and electricity are metered and charged at the current domestic rates, payable on departure. Regretfully, we are not able to accommodate smoking in Swallows. Outside: We are approached via a well-maintained limestone-chipping track some 400m in length. Slade is a non-working farm with most of the land left to rough pasture, and the rest as wooded conservation area. The edges of the fields are regularly topped and can be walked with or without dogs. The area in front of the cottage & outbuildings is maintained as lawn for use of our guests. There is an ample parking area within 10 yards of the property, and cars can be temporarily parked immediately outside for unloading if required. For those that simply want to relax and enjoy the view down the valley, and outside picnic table, a garden seat, and a number of comfortable garden chairs are provided. A large kettle BBQ is provided for those that wish to eat Alfresco. We also provide a cool box and windbreaks. Utility Room: Has tiled floor and is equipped with washing machine, tumble drier, oil-fired boiler, w.c. and basin. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen is included (other than for the cot). Each bed has a choice of two alternative tog duvets, and a blanket or throw. Bath, hand, and tea towels, tablecloth, shower, toilet and bath mats are provided and these are included in rental charges.