Villa in Grantown on Spey, Nr. Inverness, Scottish Highlands, Scotland - Peaceful Location In Private Grounds Yet Only 5 Minute Walk To Village Square And Shops
In the heart of the Cairngorm National Park, halfway between the Lecht and the Cairngorm mountain ski ranges, Moray Lodge offers a superb base for exploring the Cairngorm National Park and Strathspey Whisky trail. Ideally situated for a family get together or corporate team building activities, this architect designed lodge occupies a secluded site within a small private estate. Located amidst the stunning beauty of the Cairngorm National Park, this wonderful highland holiday home is ideal for large groups of family or friends who want to enjoy the great outdoors together or perhaps celebrate special occasions in comfort. The self catering accommodation sits across 3 buildings linked by a spectacular indoor heated pool. The main lodge sits generously over two floors and offers a selection of bedroom styles, most with en-suite. The main lodge sleeps 14. There are six bedrooms and six shower rooms. The well equipped kitchen has an adjoining utility room. The sitting/dining area enables guests to gather together and enjoy a roaring log fire. The gardeners cottage sleeps 4 people in two ground floor bedrooms. It also has a large social area, well equipped kitchen, shower room and small private garden to the rear. Next to the gardener's cottage is the Lodge studio, a one room apartment which sleeps two adults and two children. It also has its own kitchen and bathroom. The stunning accommodation has been built around a central courtyard where you can indulge in the large heated swimming pool and indoor spa. The patio to the rear of the pool leads to a large, secluded flat area of garden. During the summer months, this is the perfect place for the children to run free and play and for adults to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail or glass of wine. Moray lodge is located within large landscaped grounds yet only a five minute walk to the village square with an abundance of shops and eateries. It is an excellent base for exploring the Highlands and Cairngorm National Park. Local activities include kayaking, mountain biking, golf, fishing, bird watching, climbing and rambling. Moray Lodge is only 25 minutes from Aviemore centre where there is an abundance of outdoor specialist activity companies offering canyoning, white water rafting, high ropes and clay pigeon shooting. It is a 40 minute drive to Inverness and famous Loch Ness for those who wish to engage in Nessie hunting.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Elizabeth boyd
We bought this property as a retirement project.
We wanted something close to hand which we could look after ourselves. We moved to this area 20 years ago and our son has been brought up here. We love the Cairngorms and everything they have to offer from white water rafting to walking the dog along the shores of Loch Morlich.
Elizabeth boyd purchased this villa in 2014
Why Elizabeth boyd chose Aviemore and the Cairngorms
This property is the jewel in the crown of Grantown.
It offers privacy and seclusion and yet is only a five minute walk to the co-op when you need that extra bottle of wine!
What makes this villa unique
We love to entertain friends around the swimming pool. The large garden means children can play safely whilst adults can relax on the beautifully secluded south facing patio.
(1 traveller reviews)
This the most amazing place to stay. From the moment we arrived I fell in love with it. There were 19 of us and a dog in our party and at no time did we feel cramped or crowded. There is space for everyone.....young and old. Our ages ranged from 75 down to 5. The swimming pool has to be seen to be believed and was well used by all throughout the weekend. Ian and Elizabeth were most attentive without intruding and I thoroughly recommend this property.
From the Owner
“This property is the jewel in the crown of Grantown. It offers privacy and seclusion and yet is only a five minute walk to the co-op when you need that extra bottle of wine!”
Activity and Interests
The pristine beach of Loch Morlich is only a 30 minute drive away and offers safe bathing and watersports. Canoes, windsurfers and hobby cats are available for hire and full instruction available.
Inverness airport is a 45 minute drive and car hire available from arrivals hall.
Aviemore station is a 20 minute drive, car hire available at station or £20 for taxi transfer.
In order to see as much of the Highlands as possible, a car is strongly recommended.
5 minutes from Grantown square
40 minute drive to Inverness and Loch Ness
25 minute drive to Aviemore centre
2hrs 15 minutes to Edinburgh
2hrs 30 minutes to Glasgow
Grantown offers a variety of small independent shops with a well stocked co-op. There are several banks and a post office on the High St. There is also a filling station just off the High St, The nearest supermarket is in Aviemore. There are several eateries and the Garth hotel offers good food at reasonable prices.
Local bike shop offers bike hire and fishing permits for the Spey are available through Mortimers Fishing shop on the High St. Putting green and archery available at the Craggan which is located on the outskirts of the village. Food takeaways are available for Indian, Kebabs, Chinese and Fish and Chips.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking available through website. Non refundable deposit of £500 required to confirm booking and a good housekeeping deposit of £500 required along with balance payment. Final balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to start of holiday.
Once this has been paid there are no refunds and we strongly advise clients to consider holiday insurance. This should also cover outdoor pursuits such as ski-ing and snow boarding./
Change over on Saturdays. Earliest arrival 1600 hrs and latest departure 10.00 hrs.
Notes on prices:
For parties of 18 or less who do not require the Lodge studio, we offer a 10% reduction in quoted prices.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love to entertain friends around the swimming pool. The large garden means children can play safely whilst adults can relax on the beautifully secluded south facing patio.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 6 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 7 - Shower Enclosure
- Lodge: 4 shower rooms attached as en-suites to bedrooms, 1 large family bathroom with shower and separate shower room upstairs. Cloakroom toilet on ground floor. Cottage: 1 shower room Studio: 1 bathroom with shower
- 9 Bedrooms, Sleeps 22
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 22 (9 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedrooms 1 - 3 with 2 singles which may zip to make superking Bedroom 4 and 7 with 1 kingsize Bedroom 5 and 8 with 2 singles Bedroom 6 with 2 day beds and 2 singles which may zip to make superking Bedroom 9 with 2 bunks and 2 double sofa beds
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Accommodation suitable for large family groups or friends. Not suitable for Stag parties. Please note, in the estate grounds there are several water features including ponds and a stream Outside: Surrounded by large mature garden with ponds. Private driveway and ample offroad parking. Utility Room: Washing machine, wine cooler, fridge freezer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels provided. Beds freshly made up before arrival. Property is cleaned weekly. Some sundries provided such as dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, handwash, toilet rolls etc. Slippers provided for pool area. Other: Indoor heated pool 15m x 5.5m and spa with toilet/shower and doors leading onto large secluded deck with BBQ and garden area at rear. Large games room with bar, pool table darts, table football and 50'' TV