Farmhouse in Trevieres, Calvados, Normandy, France - Peaceful location, good for walking and bicycling.
If you want to get away from it all, this is the answer. A beautifully restored farmhouse retaining many original features. You can sit with a book, of which there are hundreds, in front of a roaring fire, in the drawing room, or in the summer sit on the terrace with a glass of wine. The bedrooms are spacious and elegant and each has its own bathroom. There are cupboards of board games or croquet and boule for the garden. There are markets in the surrounding villages and wonderful bakeries in Trevieres that supply warm croissant for the mornings. The beaches are a ten minute drive and Omaha, being the nearest, stretches out in front you with barely a person on it. Riding and sand yachting available. Omaha also boasts an excellent golf course.
About the Owner
About Mrs Dawson
My husband and I used to run a prep school and are now retired. We bought the house twenty years ago and restored it with the help of an architect and love spending time there.
Mrs Dawson purchased this farmhouse in 1992
Why Mrs Dawson chose Bayeux area
My sister-in-law has a house in Normandy and we loved the area. It is like England a hundred years ago. The countryside is unspoilt with wild flowers everywhere. It takes six hours door to door so a week-end is entirely possible. The artisans who worked on the house all live in Trevieres and are extremely helpful. The beach is glorious.
What makes this farmhouse unique
It is a very comfortable house. Warm in the winter with underfloor heating and huge fires and cool in the summer. We love entertaining there.
From the Owner
“My sister-in-law has a house in Normandy and we loved the area. It is like England a hundred years ago. The countryside is unspoilt with wild flowers everywhere. It takes six hours door to door so a week-end is entirely possible. The artisans who worked on the house all live in Trevieres and are extremely helpful. The beach is glorious.”
Activity and Interests
5 miles, 10 mins driving.
1 hour from Caen or Cherbourg ferry terminals. 4 hours from the tunnel at Calais.
The nearest town is 5 minutes driving and has many shops and Bayeux is 20 minutes by car.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Deposit paid on booking and final payment 3 weeks prior to departure.
It is let at a cheaper rate during the winter.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It is a very comfortable house. Warm in the winter with underfloor heating and huge fires and cool in the summer. We love entertaining there.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- ensuite to bedroom 1, bath, basin and wc, adjoining bathroom to bedroom 2, bath, basin and wc, ensuite to bedroom 3, bath, basin and wc, ensuite to bedroom 4, bath, basin and wc, downstairs shower room with basin and wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: 2 doubles, 2 twins, all with bathrooms Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, large double with ensuite, bedroom 2, twin with adjoining bathroom, Bedroom 3, double with ensuite, Bedroom 4, twin with ensuite.
- Golf ...
- Outside: large garden, terrace, outdoor furniture, barbque etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included, cleaned once a week and laundry changed once a week, (to be discussed on inquiry).