Villa in Penela, Silver Coast, Portugal - Peaceful Locations With Wide Choice Of Nearby Places To Visit, And Things To Do
Hortas is a charming 5 bedroom villa that sleeps 10 and is the perfect spot for enjoying a peaceful and relaxing holiday in the centre of Portugal with its rich history and varied landscapes. Surrounding the house is a big and beautiful private garden which enjoys stunning views of the rural valley and the mountains in the distance. The sun shines on the swimming pool all day long and from the sun loungers you look up to the medieval castle of Penela perched on the hill. The pool has an electric safety cover and it can be heated too (optional extra and not usually required June-Sept). The house opens out to a covered terrace that is shaded all day long and ideal for alfresco dining. Also there is a kids´ room with toys and games, and the garden has a wooden playground with swings and slide making this villa ideal for family holidays with children.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The long, sandy stretch of coastline north of Figueira de Foz is only 1 hours drive away, with beautiful beaches such as Praia Quiaios and Praia Tocha. Alternatively, closer by are lakes such as Pedrogao Grande (30 minutes drive), and river swimming pools such as the stunning gorge of Fragas de Sao Simao (20 minutes drive), both great for days out and both with lovely local restaurants.
Lisbon airport is 180kms away, and Porto airport is 160kms away. Both airports are an easy motorway drive away from villa taking within 1 hour 45 mins.
Car hire is essential for getting around.
The historical town of Penela is only 3 minutes drive up the hill, and nearby there is a wide choice of places to visit and things to do;
Coimbra University and its 18th Century Baroque Library
Coimbra Roman Sé Velha Cathedral and cloisters
Coimbra Botanical Gardens with high-rope climbing adventure park
Canoeing in the River Mondego
Biological Nature Park of Miranda do Corvo
Waterslide Park of Pombal
Schist village of Casal de Sao Simao,
Swimming in the river gorge of Fragas de Sao Simao
Nature walk to waterfall of Pedra Ferida
Roman ruins of Conimbriga
Tomar and the Knight Templar Convento do Cristo
49kms rail trail cycle path along the Dao River
Beaches in Figueira de Foz, Quiaios and Tocha
Arouce Castle, and Sanctuary of Nossa Senhora da Piedade in Lousa
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
25% deposit on confirmation of the booking. The balance is payable 6 weeks prior to arrival. £200 breakages deposit taken at time of final payment which is reimbursed by BACS immediately after vacation of the villa.
Change over day: Saturday in high season, flexible rest of the year.
Check-in time 16.00, check-out time 10.00.
Notes on prices:
Payment can be made by BACS. 10% discount on quoted rentals for parties of 6 people or less (Except July and August). Optional pool heating charge £200 per week during the low season - not usually required June-Sept.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower Bathroom with bath and shower WC (ground floor)
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and en-suite bathroom Bedroom 2 with double bed Bedroom 3 with twin beds Bedroom 4 with 3 childrens´ beds Bedroom 5 with double bed (ground floor)
- Golf ...
- Outside: A large private pool (11m x 5m) with is positioned just in front of the villa and gets the sun all day long. Pool has electric cover and is complete with sun loungers and parasols. Pool heating is also available (at additional cost). Large and lovely garden, with olive trees and stunning views. Wooden playground for kids. Portable BBQ. Shaded terrace with robust dining table offering plenty of space for all the guests; the perfect spot to wine and dine on long summer days. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Maid service 3 times a week Bed linen is included and is changed once per week. Bath towels changed mid-week. Pool towels changed once per week. Other: Kids playroom with books, toys and games for children to enjoy.