Cottage in Souldern, Nr. Bicester, Oxfordshire, England - Welcome Pack On Arrival With Eggs From Our Other Residents!
Being in the grounds of our home we are available for any help with your stay whilst giving you total privacy. Countryside, Woodland and Canal walks all from our local Village Pub are very popular. Coarse fishing and Golf Course only a 10 minute drive, so whether your stay is for walking, cycling, shopping or visiting local attractions, Yogis Cottage offers the perfect location. The Flat Screen TV has Freeview and a DVD player. A small selection of books, cards and board games are available for cosy nights in with free Wi-Fi. The kitchen has a full range of equipment for fine dining however The Fox Inn in the Village is only a short stroll offering lunch and evening meals. We are only a 20 minute drive from Bicester, Banbury or Brackley with the surrounding Villages offering an excellent variety of pubs and restaurants. The local shop is in the next village 1 mile.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Our holiday home is in the grounds of a former Freehouse of which we were the licensee from 1987 until we ceased trading in 1999. Since then we have undertaken many renovations, part of which is our home.
We would like to introduce you to our new venture in our beautiful Marlborough Award winning village and share our love and knowledge of the surrounding towns, villages and countryside.
Yours hosts Jane and Ken Clifford
5 based on 14 holidaymaker reviews
Jane and Ken have built a really nice cottage with all of the modern conveniences of home. If you are driving in and around the Cotswolds and need a place to stay, this cottage is the place.
Excellent Holiday Hide away
Excellent holiday, We don't want to write a review because somebody else may book it when we want to go back.
Yogi's cottage is a beautifully well equipped (more provided for you than other self catering accommodation), has got the feel of a home away from home and Ken and Jane did those little touches that make you feel very welcome.
The cottage is finished to a high standard, and spotlessly clean.
Beautiful surroundings. Easy access from A roads or motorway, BUT the sound of bird song is what will greet you when you wake up.
Definitely recommend it, and intend to revisit next year. Looking forward to more home baked bread and fresh eggs from your chickens!!! :-)
Thank you so much.
A wonderful Home from Home cottage!
We have found a little Gem and will certainly be returning and recommending to friends and family! Immaculately clean with everything you need to enjoy your stay - they really have thought of everything! An ideal setting to visit the infamous Bicester Village and beautiful surrounding villages. Thank you Jane and Ken for advice when needed, fantastic service. A+++
We spent a lovely 5 days at Yogi's and enjoyed every second. The cottage was clean, well presented and well maintained. The welcome pack was a lovely touch as were the daffodils. Ken and Jane were informative and great hosts, readily available if needed but not intrusive. Will be recommending this property to friends and family who wish to visit the area.
New Year break
We were thrilled to be able to stay here at the last minute whilst visiting Family over the New Year. Yogis Cottage is ideal, beautifully presented, immaculately clean with everything you could possibly need. Jane and Ken have really put thought and care into this cottage, they were so kind in providing us with breakfast things too which was much appreciated. The cottage is warm and cosy and we would certainly love to go back for longer. Easy to get to, parking right outside. Excellent , loved it!
I really enjoyed my time here. Jane & Ken made me feel very welcome. The cottage is ideal, well thought out layout and very well appointed. Very clean and the interior is modern, light and airy. It has everything you need for your stay with easy access to M40, Oxford and Warwick. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
Activity and Interests
Heathrow and Birmingham airports 1 hour approx. Bicester and Banbury stations 20 mins drive. Occasional buses from Village to Bicester or Banbury where you can get further afield, however a car is recommended.
Oxford City has a park and ride for shopping and site seeing.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A £150.00 security deposit is payable on booking, this will be refunded a maximum of 10 days after departure. The full cost of your stay is payable 30 days prior to arrival or on booking if sooner.
Ideally our changeover day is Friday however this can be flexible depending on other bookings. Arrival time 3pm departure 10am however this also can also be flexible if required.
Notes on prices:
Our Pricing table is for 2 persons staying. If further guests are required it will be £10 extra per night per person. If a 1 or 2 night stay is required please contact by email for pricing.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- non smoking only
- live theatre
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Separate fully tiled bathroom with large shower bath. Modern overhead shower and hand held shower spray. W.C. Large wash basin, shaver point, wall and ceiling lighting, mirror and shelving. All cleaning essentials provided.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/3 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: One bedroom with 2 x 3 ft single beds which can can be zip-linked into a super king double, all with top thread count linen. Built in wardrobe and chests of drawers. Bedside and wall lighting .Hair dryer provided.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: Yogis Cottage is a rural location so a car is recommended. Although all on one level not suitable for a wheelchair. Please do ask if you have any further requirements or questions, we are happy to try and accommodate all. We are a NON-Smoking establishment. Outside: We have secure parking for 2 vehicles, a small garden area with table and chairs and BBQ.(To be completed early spring) Utility Room: The utility room and entrance hallway has a range of coat hooks and shoe/boot storage. A small belfast sink, with a freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. There are double doors into the lounge/dining room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All our best quality Linen and towels are provided. Yogis is cleaned weekly with a change of linen and towels.