Villa in Roquefort Les Pins, Provence, France - Peaceful location close by the elegance of Nice, charm of Antibe and culture of St. Paul de Vence
Roquefort Les Pins is a typically charming and peaceful French village with all the shops you will need for your day to day holiday needs. 5 minutes away is the "mustn't miss" Valbonne with its culture, markets and restaurants. Inland the hilltop villages such as Gourdon and Chateauneuf offer breathtaking views and deep historical interest.
About the Owner
We are retired after a lifetime running a B2B marketing Agency
We live in Cheshire whilst our daughters and Grandchildren all live in London
We have owned our Condo, 151 since 1986; our cottage in Harlech since 1975 and Villa Moroco on the Cote D’Azur, since 2004
Tennis, Table Tennis, Grandchildren, Friends and good food and wine fill our time now
Guestbook comments from the owner
Tim and Pat,
Had a great time in France staying at the Villa Moroco. The days in the sun bathing by the pool were heaven! Boules was amazing too, never had a chance to play before and playing for the first time in France was fab. We had many competitive matches ending with cheers and moans but nonetheless it was a great experience.
The Villa was more than we could have asked for, interior was great and the outside was used for long nights watching the skies, even saw an amazing shooting star
Tri-Ominoes was another game we hadn't played before
Thanks from all of us for a fabulous holiday
The Lester Family
From the Owner
“We have always enjoyed the Provencial way of life and retirement gave us the opportunity to invest in a foothold there The Impressionists realised that the cote d'azur had more sunshine days than anywhere else in Europe and we are determined to experience as many as possible!”
Activity and Interests
Villa Moroco is equidistant from Nice and Canne (25 mins driving) whilst Antibe, Cagnes sur Mer and Villenouve Loubet are slightly closer. They provide a mixture of sand and pebbly beaches for swimming, walking or dining at the many seafront restaurants
Nice airport is 25 minutes drive away with abundant car hire and an excellent bus service of 45 mins to the end of Chemin des Martels for an incredible E1-20c
The TGV runs to Antibe and Nice and for those who love to drive, Calais is 11 hours drive away
There are numerous places of interest to explore from Villa Moroco
Nice is a wonderful large city with a huge cultural offering, restaurants, museums, galleries etc etc and is 25 mins drive away. Monte Carlo with its excitement is 60 mins away; St Paul de Vence 20 mins; Grasse 20 mins, Biot 20 mins, Valbonne 5 mins. Wow! so many more as well!
A walk into Roquefort centre provides several good restaurants, a superb Intermarche, Deli, Newsagents (with English Newspapers!), Banks, Pharmacy etc
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of 25% is required to secure a booking with the remainder due at least 6 weeks before your holiday. Payment can be made in Sterling, Euros or Dollars and a security deposit is required which is returned after a non damage report from the housekeeper
Changeover is on a Saturday with the cleaners being there between 10 am and 4 pm. Guests can arrive whenever they want as the property is accessed by a key from an external key safe
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We rarely eat a meal indoors and I play tennis three times per week when we are there Our large, private garden is perfect for undisturbed relaxing”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom upstairs with bath, shower, WC and basin plus linen cupboard Shower room with WC and basin downstairs
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: 2 Doubles. 1 Twin; Sofa Bed in Lounge Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom - Master bedroom with classic French style double, wardrobes, dressers Double Bedroom - Cllassic French style double and Wardrobe Twin Bedroom - Twin singles with Dressers and Wardrobes
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The lounge opens onto an extensive patio with electric awnings for shade. Patio loungers, umbrellas etc are here plus on the lower patio area around the large completely private pool, there is a "summer kitchen" bbq area with both gas and charcoal BBQs, There is a pool house with all the alfresco equipment you might need A large outdoor dining table and chairs and several smaller ones are dotted around the garden, A 15m boules court is a popular feature with the necessary equipment in the garage The garden is well lit and is accessed through electrically operated gates and constitutes a mix of rockeries, woodland and flower beds There is a wood store at the rear for the open fire There is a washing line in the trees at the rear of the villa There is ample car parking inside and outside the grounds Utility Room: In the garage are bicycles; equipment for Tennis, Badminton, Table Tennis etc There is as a washing machine, iron and ironing board and drying racks Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are included and the villa is cleaned on a Saturday between 10am and 4pm when all towels and Linen are changed. Guests staying for 2 weeks can request an extra clean