Georgian House in Wimborne, Dorset, England. 5 minute walk to the centre of Wimborne, 30 minutes drive to the beach
If you’re looking for a house for a large group or a celebration then our Georgian Gate House located on the edge of the Deans Court estate, Dorset is perfect. Well-located only 2 hours from London, just 30 minutes from Dorset's Jurassic Coast and a 5 minute walk into the centre of the bustling market town of Wimborne. The house comfortably sleeps 14 and features a kitchen with Aga and a breakfast room; a self-contained attic suite with bed, sitting area and en-suite with roll top bath, a sitting room with Sky TV and dining room with table that seats 14.
There is also a large, private garden suitable for outdoor games and a games room with snooker table and terrace with BBQ for outdoor dining.
Next the house is the Deans Court vintage café & homestore, serving organic, healthy food made from fresh produce grown on the Deans Court estate. Veg baskets which include organic estate produce, honey from our bees and eggs from our chickens are available to pre order.
Nearby are excellent cycling and walking routes along the river Stour, old railway lines, and National Trust bridleways.
Fly fishing is also available on estate rivers Stour & Allen - see our website.
The house also has a ground floor, en-suite twin bedroom suitable for limited mobility guests.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The house lies within the curtilage of Deans Court, an historic house with fine gardens which is a venue for a variety of activities. Including courses, (bee keeping, hen husbandry, organic gardening - see website).
Tours of the house are sometimes available (minimum numbers apply).
Dorset is famous for it's coastline beaches, which include Sandbanks Studland the Purbecks Poole Harbour, and the world famous Jurassic Coastline with it's long beaches and plentiful supply of fossils.
Bournemouth International Airport - 20 minutes.
Ringwood National Express Coach Stop - 25 minutes.
Poole Train Station - 30 minutes.
Bournemouth Train Station - 30 minutes.
Southampton Airport - 45 minutes.
Heathrow - 1h 30 minutes.
Wimborne (or within 5 minutes): Badbury Rings. Kingston Lacy. The Model Town. Priest House Museum. Tivoli Theatre.
Within 30 minutes: The New Forest. Corfe Castle. Cranborne. Blandford.
Within 45 minutes: Swanage. Lulworth Cove. Kimmeridge. Sailsbury. Dorchester.
Up to an hour away: Lyme Regis. Bridort. Lymington. Weymouth.
Shops include: Rowan. Crew, India Jane. Wimborne has numerous cafes, pubs and independent restaurants covering a wide variety of food styles. There is a large Waitrose and Co-op in town. There is also the well established 'Wimborne Market' offering everything from bric-a-brac to groceries on Friday, Saturday & Sunday (8am - 12pm)
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
See our website for to double-check availability and to get prices for your stay.
You can also contact us if you would prefer.
One third of hire price due to confirm booking, balance and security deposit payable 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Two bathrooms with shower and bath One bathroom with roll top bath (en-suite) Two bathrooms with shower (both en-suite, one of which ground floor)
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Four double rooms (2 en-suite) Three twin rooms (1 en-suite)
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: A well designed house with all rooms opening onto a central lobby on both ground and first floors. The house has recently been entirely re-decorated using Farrow & Ball paint. With bespoke curtains, re-upholsted soft furnishings and antique furniture throughout, the house is comfortable, relaxing and practical. Outside: The large, private garden is over 400 sq metres and guests can relax, play games and cook up fabulous meals with the BBQ. Utility Room: Washing machine and tumble dryer in breakfast room. Other: Games room coming soon Adjacent to dining room, will contain a snooker table, darts board