Bungalow in Croyde, North Devon, England - Newly tastefully refurbished bungalow new appliances throughout,central heating, pure cotton bedding
Relax in this newly renovated conveniently situated bungalow. Wander along the level footpath the short walk to beautiful Croyde beach and village from this quiet cul de sac, then back to sit around the generous stylish table for an alfresco lunch in the large sunny garden laid to lawn. Snooze it off in deck chairs and loungers. Then in the evening a 5 minute walk gets you to the popular village with its choice of pubs, shops, and restaurants, playgrounds and volleyball nets. Hopefully a skatepark too. Or settle down in the tastefully decorated lounge to a bluray video, Freesat TV or listen to music on the iphone speaker. Then sleep in White Company pure cotton on the softest mattress toppers in country calm lulled by the sound of the sea. All the bedding is non-allergenic. If you like to get active the garage can store surfboards, kayaks, climbing equipment etc and there is a garden hose to wash them down. A well appointed kitchen will keep enthusiastic cooks happy with a breakfast bar and sunny dining area adjacent for those who like to chat as they cook. Little ones are fully catered for with new highchair, cot, and mattress and a walk to the beach little legs can easily manage. As you know your baby best the baby bedding is left for you to bring with you. Sofa throws provided in case of sticky fingers. Wifi is available too at no extra charge.
About the Owner
I am lucky enough to be a self- employed gardener. I also ran a successful B&B in my house in Sandy Way Croyde for 6 years. Being a local girl having grown up in the area and lived in Croyde since 1979 I know the area well. I've enjoyed meeting people from all over the country and have got a great deal of satisfaction from their reaction when they arrive at the B&B and from their enjoyment of my beautiful village. I feel lucky to have the privilege of living in Croyde with everything it has to offer. For a small place it has a big personality. You will never be bored if you stay here. I do the changeovers at the houses myself so that I can keep a high standard of cleanliness and add those personal touches which freshens things up. I want it feel warm and welcoming when you arrive.
Guestbook comments from the owner
This holiday home is fantastic for a family of 4. Modern, clean and furnished / fitted to a high standard. Really well equipped and spacious kitchen with good dining space. Great garden too for children to play in and for relaxing using the range of garden furniture. Perfect location only a short walk from the beach, the village shops and the Unison resort with indoor pool& tennis courts. We had a very relaxing week and it felt like a home from home. I am sure we will be back!
From the Owner
“This property is ideal for holidays being 500m from both the lovely sandy beach and coast path and the village with its pubs shops and restaurants as well as a stones throw from a pool,sauna,gym,jacuzzi. I just couldn't fault it. Then when I saw how well it had been renovated with all new fixtures and fittings and how light and airy it felt it was perfect. Add to that the generous level garden great for ball games and alfresco dining my mind was made up.”
Activity and Interests
500 yards to beach.Croyde beach has fine golden sand, lifeguards from easter to October, rock pools and is arguably the best surfing beach in England with many surf schools offering lessons and equipment hire in windsurfing, Stand up paddle boarding, surfing, coasteering, Wave boarding and Kitesurfing. It has easy footpath access from the house.
Nearest airport Exeter 50 miles Bristol 90 miles. Plymouth ferry is 90 miles. Car hire is recommended but not essential as there is lots to do in Croyde and Buses run hourly.10 miles to nearest railway station in Barnstaple and National coaches.
5 miles to nearest bank and supermarket. 5 minutes walk to nearest shop and ATM. 5 miles to petrol station. 10 miles Barnstaple. 5 miles Tarka bike trail. 20 miles Exmoor National Park. 1 mile to Saunton 3 mile long beach.
There are 3 pubs each serving good food in Croyde, the Thatch being award winning and 2 excellent pubs in the sister village of Georgeham 2 miles inland. Live music is often provided in these lively venues. 2 restaurants serve Croyde with variety and quality. A tea room set in a walled garden is only one of many places serving cream teas. Croyde has a playground, Volley ball nets in the village and on the beach, 2 leisure pools and family entertainment. A huge variety of outdoor activities are available with equipment either to hire or lessons to hone your skills. A weekly deckchair cinema is popular as is a workout on the beach with an instructor. May be your kids would like to join in with the surf lifesaving locals for a session. Alternatively criss cross the countryside and headland on the multitude of secluded walking paths or stretch your legs on Sauntons 3 mile beach round the corner. Loads to do in this vibrant diverse village.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
5 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
23 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact me regarding booking.
Changeover day is Saturday only. If you require a Friday consider the sister property E9494. Arrival is after 4pm. Departure is strictly before 10am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Conveniently positioned with all new mod cons I'm confident any guest will have a lovely holiday at this property. Croyde has everything for every personality and most requirements. Whether you want a quiet nature based experience, a sport mad one, like to be entertained or just want to chill this is your perfect base.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- New Modern Ensuite to Double with Walk in shower,wc, sink, heated towel rail. New family bathroom good sized with bath, walk in shower, sink, storage. Both with hand towels and bath mats provided but no hand or bath towels or beach towels.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 Double bedroom with storage, ensuite and TV. 1 Twin bedroom with storage, hanging space and dressing table with family bathroom nearby and TV. New Sofa bed in Lounge. All have blackout blinds, White Company cotton sheets, cosy toppers all non-allergenic
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Although no dogs are accepted in this property I have a sister property which does allow dogs and has a Friday changeover. Look for E9494 on Owners Direct. No candles allowed due to insurance restrictions and no smoking in the house. No towels provided. Check in 4pm.Check out 10am. Owner lives in Croyde so any queries dealt with promptly. Outside: Grassed area to the front with parking for 3 vehicles on drive and private road directly outside house only. Quiet Cul-de sac with no public parking. At the rear is a private large sunny level garden laid to lawn with 2 seating areas and ample garden furniture to eat and relax outside. Outside tap for rinsing wetsuits and washing airer and pegs. Utility Room: No utility room but the garage has storage,games, hoover, tumble dryer, BBQ and wetsuit, surf board and bike storage area. Wetsuit drying rack too. Clothes airer outside. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: White Company linen is provided and changed weekly. No towels are provided. Property is cleaned on changeover but it is expected that the property be left in a good state with furniture not moved.