Chateau/Manor House in Llandyrnog, Nr. Ruthin, North Wales - Perfect For A Big Family Get Together
Pentre has been our family since the early 1600's. The house is a wonderful family home, fully of antiques including portraits. There is a fabulous formal dining room that sits 16 and is candlelit. While the house is old the facilities are modern, including double jacuzzi baths and huge showers. There is a wood burning stove in the kitchen and an open log fire in the sitting room. There is free wifi. We warmly welcome dogs and children.
About the Owner
We're a family of three, Bre, Graham and Conor who's at Cardiff uni. Pentre is our family home which we inherited in 2006 and have completely refurbished. Graham's family have lived here for 400 years. Most of the year we run the house, cottages and African Safari lodges as hotel rooms. We have holiday home in South Africa and we have decided that while we're away and at other times to suit us we are going to let the main house self catering. It's a great party house and we love living here. There's another one bed cottage which we can let at an extra charge. We only let to one group at time and when we're home we live in another cottage on the property. There are three cats who have access to the main house. Before any bookings are taken they need to be taken into account.
From the Owner
“We inherit Pentre in 2006 and love it. There are wonderful views of the Clwydian hills. The main house looks out over parkland and there are two small woods on the property. We have mini shetland ponies and birds of prey on site. The local village has two really great foodie pubs and we're easy situated for Chester, snowdonia and the coast.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We have falconry and mushing with huskies on site. There is a gliding club 3 miles away and junior driving at the gliding airfield and there is a wonderful mountain bike course about 12 miles away.
The beach is about 12 miles away but there are beautiful beaches a little further away towards Conwy about 1/2 hour by car. Snowdonia is about 30 minutes by car. Anglesey is 40 minutes away has beautiful beaches many of which are empty. Locally, Offa's Dyke long distant walk is 1 1/2 away and LLyn Brenig, a huge lake has wonderful walking and a lovely tearooms.
Liverpool and Manchester airport are just over an hour away. Rhyl railway station is 12 miles away.We would recommend having a car as Pentre is about 3 miles away from the closest town.
The village of LLandyrnog with two food pubs and a pub that has Sky sports is a mile away. the town of Denbigh with two supermarkets, Boots and two garages is 3 miles away.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owners for booking conditions
Please contact owner
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“On site depending on weather, you can have a falconry experience with harris hawks and two lovely barn Owls, called Sharpie and Rene and ponies and horse on site too. We have 1/2 mile of fishing on the river and there is some fabulous off road walking and mountain biking available.”
- chateau / country house
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- All bedrooms are en-suite, bedroom 1 huge shower double spa bath bedroom 2 huge shower double spa bath bedroom 3 huge shower double spa bath bedroom 4 with shower over bath bedroom 5 huge shower bedroom 6 shower bedroom 7 bath
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 15 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All have TV, some with DVD and 1,2,3 have fridges and we have a DVD library Bedroom 1 and 4 Super king size or twin beds Bedroom 2 and 3 King size four poster beds Bedroom 5 and 6 King size beds Bedroom 7 single bed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: While Pentre is our family home, we let three rooms as part our business and as such our main letting time will be Christmas and New Year and February half term. Please contact us if you are looking for any other time as it may be possible. We are happy to welcome dogs and children. We had several big family get together here which have been a pleasure as there is enough space for everyone to enjoy or if they want a quiet time to find their own space. We have cats, dogs, ponies and birds of prey on site. The cats are used to having access to the main house. Dogs will stay with us in another cottage a little way away . We have a falconer who lives in a staff cottage off the walled garden and a lady who looks after our horses who will need access to the pony paddock. If you have any problems with any of the above please just phone us and we'll do what we can to sort things for you. Outside: There is 3 acres of formal garden. The walled garden has a huge BBQ, the pool terrace has a large hot tub. We can put a tennis net up on the main lawn and we also have croquet. Utility Room: 2 Washing machine, 2 tumble dryers, rotary iron, steam iron. Ice machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Quality linen and towels are provided. Cleaning is on change over only. The hot tubs are changed after each leave. Additional house keeping and catering can be arrange at an extra charge. There is a full laundry available for personal washing. Other: There are is a formal dining room with a huge table which sits 16 and a morning room and conservatory for casual dining. The 1 bed walled garden cottage has a private hot tub. At Christmas the house is decorated in a Victorian style with 3 trees.