Cottage in Hermanus, Overberg, Cape Town and Garden Route, South Africa - Quiet Neighbourhood, About 10 Minutes Walk To The Cliff Path Where You Can View The Whales
Robin's is our holiday home and is situated in a safe, quiet neighbourhood close to the shops and village centre. There is a lovely flow to the house where the open plan living area extends naturally to the pool terrace, BBQ area and garden which is private and peaceful. Local birds frequent the garden and it is full of flowering shrubs and trees. There are cliff paths and mountain walks close buy and within three miles is the Walker Bay wine distract. Excellent local restaurants in the village and a blue flag beach is less than 10 minutes by car.
About the Owner
We three, Bre, My lovely husband Graham and our son, Conor are lucky enough to have a wonderful holiday home in Hermanus. We live in UK in North Wales, in beautiful rural countryside and really country bumpkins. Hermanus has the feel of a small town though it has all the amenities of a bigger place and we just love it. South Africa get's under your skin, it's bad for your waistline but good for your soul. Be warned it's totally addictive and when you've been once, you'll want to visit again and again. That's what happened to us in 2000 on our first visit. Louise, one of our closest friends, looks after the house for us and she'll be around to help and advice you if it's your first visit. We're very flexible so give us ring and visit Hermanus. You won't regret it.
From the Owner
“We just love the town, it's so safe. It's real cafe culture, close to the sae and not too far from Cape Town to visit. the locals are really friendly and the area is very p market.”
Activity and Interests
The blue flagged beach is less 10 minute by car. the cliff path where you can see tha whales when in season is about a 10 minute walk.
1 1/2 hours easy driving from Cape Town Airport. A car is recommended to see the outline areas but the village is easy flat walking.
Village centre less than a mile. M and S (known as Woolworths in SA) is 1/2 away. There are excellent local supermarkets and a farmers market each Saturday morning. Whale watching in season from the cliff path which stretches for about 7 miles and can be walked easily all or just some of it as you wish. Excellent Vineyards about 3 miles away.
Whale watch boats leave form the new harbour, there is Shark cage diving about 1/2 an hour way. Betty's bay which is about 1/2 away has a colony of Cape penguins. Walker Bay is renowned for it's wine district.
|Rental Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Jul 2016 - 7 Nov 2016
2 night minimum stay
|extra night: £100|
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of 25% will be taken at the time of booking the rest must be paid four weeks before arrival. For longer stays of 8 days or more a reduced rates are available.
Change over is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Reduced rates are available for off peak and longer stays.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is close to the village centre but only 10 minutes form a blue flagged beach by car. Fantastic restaurants and a wine district close by.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The main bathroom has bath with shower above. Ensuite on bedroom 3 has a shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has twin or super king bed Bedroom 2 has king size bed Bedroom 3 has queen size bed and is ensuite
- Golf ...
- Outside: To the from there is an electric gate with parking for three cars and a pleasant front garden with a low wall. The house is alarmed, though when we're home we rarely use it. The back garden is completely private with a small heated pool and BBQ terrace with table and chairs for 8. There is easy furniture, around the pool and sun beds. Both the pool and BBQ area are under cover though open on two sides so that there is no concern about sun burn when sitting out there. It also means that if there is rain the garden area can still be used. Utility Room: dishwasher, washing machine, second fridge and second microwave Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Quality linen and towels are provided. Cleaning is on change over only for stays of less than 5 days. For longer stays cleaning and change of linen will be arranged to suit each guests. Other: Three bedrooms have good quality beds and bedroom furniture and all are on the ground floor.