Chateau/Manor House in Shapwick, Nr. Glastonbury, Somerset, England - A peaceful, rural location with closeby walks to Shapwick Heath Nature Reserve.
Large Grade II listed Manor House, built by the Monks of Glastonbury in 1487, it still retains it's grandeur, retaining many period features, available for private hire for weekend retreats and private celebrations. Situated in the quiet village of Shapwick in Somerset, on the edge of Shapwick Heath Nature Reserve close to Glastonbury, Street, Wells, Bath and many National Trust Houses.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Amazing, Amazing, Amazing" - S King, London - December 2014
"Beautiful house, spacious bedrooms, picturesque grounds" - S Pascher, London - November 2014
"Lovely house, fantastic venue, a hidden gem" - L White, London - August 2014
Activity and Interests
Burnham on Sea - 15 miles
Bristol Airport - BS48 3DY - 30 miles
Train Stations - Bridgwater - TA6 5HB - 9 miles
Castle Cary - BA7 7PE - 15 miles
Taunton - TA1 1QP - 21 miles
Catcott - 2 miles
Street - 5 miles
Glastonbury - 7 miles
Wells - 13.5 miles
Bath - 35.5 miles
Bristol - 44 miles
Street is our closest town and consists of a very large Sainsbury supermarket, petrol station, banks etc. It is also home to Clarks Outlet Shopping village! It has a varied choice of pubs, bars and restaurants.
Glastonbury is a lovely, historic town offering varied shops, pubs and restaurants. Also Glastonbury Abbey and wonderful walks to the top of Glastonbury Tor.
Shapwick Heath Nature Reserve
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
To secure your required booking dates a £400 deposit is required, payment by way of a bank transfer.
The balance and a security deposit payment of £500 is required one month prior to the arrival date.
Arrival/check in as from midday
Departure/check out - midday
To secure dates a £400 deposit is required with balance monies and £500 security deposit due one month prior to arrival date. Payment by bank transfer
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- chateau / country house
- Fireplace ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- bird watching
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- Bathroom 1 - Blackthorne - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bath en suite
- Bathroom 2 - Ash - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bath en suite
- Bathroom 3 - Apple - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Large bathroom suite with double shower and roll top bath
- Bathroom 4 - Cherry - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bath en suite
- Bathroom 5 - Whitethorn - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Full bathroom suite with large double shower
- Bathroom 6 - Walnut - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Full bathroom suite with roll top bath
- Bathroom 7 - Yew - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Bath en suite
- Bathroom 8 - Elm - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Full bathroom suite with roll top bath
- Bathroom 9 - Sycamore - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Full bathroom suite with double shower
- Bathroom 10 - Maple - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Oak panelled bathroom with cast iron roll top bath
- Bathroom 11 - Beech - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Large bathroom with cast iron roll top bath
- All bedrooms are en suite with a selection of cast iron roll top baths, standard baths, large double or standard showers. Towels provided
- 11 Bedrooms, Sleeps 22
- Bedroom 1 - Blackthorne - 1 Double Bed, Ground floor double bedroom with cast iron double bed
- Bedroom 2 - Ash - 1 Large Double Bed, Large bedroom with king size four poster bed bath en suite
- Bedroom 3 - Apple - 1 Large Double Bed, Oak floored bedroom with king size four poster bed
- Bedroom 4 - Cherry - 1 Large Double Bed, Large bedroom with king size four poster bed, bath en suite
- Bedroom 5 - Whitethorn - 1 Large Double Bed, Large bedroom, king size four poster bed, shower en suite
- Bedroom 6 - Walnut - 1 Large Double Bed, Large oak floored, four poster bedroom, bath en suite
- Bedroom 7 - Yew - 1 Large Double Bed, Large bedroom with king size sleigh bed, bath en suite
- Bedroom 8 - Elm - 1 Large Double Bed, Large bedroom with king size sleigh bed, bath en suite
- Bedroom 9 - Sycamore - 1 Large Double Bed, Large bedroom with king size canopied bed, shower en suite
- Bedroom 10 - Maple - 1 Large Double Bed, King size four poster bed, bath en suite
- Bedroom 11 - Beech - 1 Large Double Bed, Elm floored bedroom, king size four poster bed bath en suite
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 22 (11 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Eleven, double, en suite bedrooms offering king size four poster beds, sleigh beds and traditional cast iron beds. Elegantly dressed beds with rich luxurious drapes and fabrics. Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Set within thirty acres of informal gardens and grounds. Lawned areas to the front, side and rear of the house. Ample car parking area. All bed linen and towels are provided Other: Elegant Georgian dining room, with glistening chandelier, three wonderful floor to ceiling windows providing stunning views of the Somerset Levels or smaller Abbott's Suite dining room, both of which able to seat a maximum of twenty two guests.