Apartment in Capistrano Playa, Nerja, Costa del Sol, Spain - Set In The Tranquil Location Of Capistrano Playa, Just A Short Walk To Burriana Beach
Our lovely apartment is set just back from the lake and has lovely views to the gardens of Capistrano Playa and sea. a short walk up steps to the communal pool and a 5 minute walk through the beautiful gardens down the cliff face to the beach. Our property has a covered terrace to the front and an a private walled sunny terrace to the side of the property. It is located within easy reach of Nerja town and there is a bus service available just at the top of the complex. See more information at <a href="http://www.capistranoplaya.co.uk" target="_blank">www.capistranoplaya.co.uk</a>
Top Traveller Review
The property is exactly as in pictures. Lynn, the owner, responds immediately to any queries
About the Owner
About Lynn stevens
Hi my name is Lynn, I live in Essex, England with my husband, 3 teenage sons, a dog and a cat.
We have a print business of which I am secretary. We love spain, particularly Nerja and take breaks and holidays there as often as we can.
Lynn stevens purchased this apartment in 2012
Why Lynn stevens chose Axarquia (Costa del Sol)
My husband and I have been coming to Nerja for the past 10 years. We particularly love the Burriana beach and the Balcon de Europa areas. We purchased our first apartment in Nerja's Capistrano village in 2011 and have fantastic holidays and short breaks there, either on our own or with our 3 teenage sons. I myself am a beach lover and find that Burriana beach takes some beating, with its lovely selection of restaurants and bars. Whatever time of year we visit Nerja, we enjoy ourselves and it really does offer something for everyone! The people are very friendly and there is a real mix of nationalities there. We love it so much that we decided to purchase a second apartment closer to the beach (4 minutes walk in fact).
What makes this apartment unique
Our apartment benefits from just being completely refurbished and has air conditioning throughout. It is just a few minutes walk to the beach which is beautiful and has many restaurants and bars along with water sporting facilities. It is also close to the town and Balcon de Europa area which is a cosmopolitan old town with many restaurants, shops and bars and access to other beaches. The famous Nerja Caves are just a 5 minute drive away and well worth a visit.
(7 traveller reviews)
The property is exactly as in pictures. Lynn, the owner, responds immediately to any queries
In February there was no sunbathing on the roof terrace a sun not high enough in sky to get over adjacent property wall. Used patio area to front of apartment in brilliant sun. Pool area in March great but shop not open so no sunbeds or wifi
Excellent séjour à Nerja
Nous avons passé un très bon séjour à Nerja dans le très joli appartement de Lynn. L'environnement est merveilleux, situé dans un oasis tropical. Tout est à proximité : la piscine, la plage, les restaurants et autres commerces.
Sur place, Monica qui nous a accueillis, a été adorable.
Nous avons eu un petit problème de télévision qui a été réglé dans la journée. C'était parfait.
Nous avons beaucoup apprécié la communication par mail avec Lynn. Elle est très à l'écoute et très réactive.
Nous garderons une très bon souvenir de Nerja dont la situation géographique nous a permis de visiter les très belles villes de Grenade et Cordoue.
We had a great stay in Lynn's apartment . The location is perfect and the standard of the apartment met our expectations. Though there's no place to sit in the sun, we had a very enjoyable trip! And it's a close walk to the pool and also to the beach.
The apartment is well equipped and Lynn is a very helpful owner
Beautifully decorated- wonderful location
We stayed in Lynn's apartment from January to March so it was our home for 3 months. Lynn was great to deal with, and available when we needed her. It is quiet, clean, decorated very nicely and the linens are lovely. It is very spacious and efficient, the water pressure in the shower was great. The 100+ steps to the beach are surrounded in beautiful gardens that include waterfalls, fountains and ponds. The satellite TV was great with lots of channels in different languages. The two terraces didn't get any sun in the 3 months we were there and you can't put a chair in the sunny public area. The front terrace is right at the top of the stairway from the beach and often people wait there before they go on their way up or down, which doesn't give much privacy. We enjoyed our stay here very much - great memories. We think this would be a wonderful apartment for people who want the rent in the hot summer months.
Lynn's apartment is pleasant and as portrayed in the photos. She was very helpful during the booking process and quick to respond to queries. Specific comments:
- The mattresses are good quality, although we did find the mattresses on the two single beds pretty hard.
- The flat is nicely decorated with sweet finishing touches. Good quality sheets/bedding etc.
- Kitchen is new and pretty well equipped with everything you need should you be cooking at home. It could have done with a small frying pan - the one that is there is huge and maybe a colander or something in case cooking pasta or rice. This may not matter to most people if planning on eating out all the time - we had a small child with us and so wanted to be able to cook at home most evenings.
- Excellent location in Capistrano Playa - the development is peaceful and very close to Burriana Beach (it just takes 5 mins to walk down the steps). Gardens are beautiful.
- Whilst the location in Capistrano Playa is great, the apartment itself is sort of tucked away under an archway. This means that whilst it has a covered terrace out the front, it doesn't get any direct sunlight and isn't really a place you would sit much because people walk right past here on their way to and from the beach. This is clear in the photos so is just an observation not a complaint! Likewise the enclosed terrace upstairs is a bit of a weird space - it is totally enclosed and more of a place for hanging washing rather than anything else.
- The swimming pool at Capistrano Playa has been redone and is great - two pools for children/babies and salt water rather than chlorine.
- The streetlight outside shines right into the main bedroom and nearly drove me mad the first night. The streetlight isn't high up so my boyfriend loosened the bulb and nobody noticed for the rest of our stay so problem solved!
- The TV doesn't have an aerial - i.e. it is just for watching DVDs. This wasn't clear in the advert and as my boyfriend is Spanish and all the DVDs are English this was disappointing.
- Lack of furniture in the bathroom - nowhere to put toiletries. We moved a little corner table in there from the living room.
- The shower was very slow to drain and the drains in general smelt quite unpleasant.
All in all we had a nice holiday. Lynn's apartment is nicer than most holiday rentals in Nerja but with a few finishing touches would be 5 stars.
Apartamento en una urbanización pintoresca y tranquila
El apartamento se encuentra en la urbanización Capistrano Playa, la cual es una de las atracciones de Nerja, por la peculiar disposición de sus casas, los jardines y el estanque sobre la ladera de la montaña. Es una urbanización además muy tranquila, y a 5 min andando de la playa de Burriana, la cual no está tan saturada de gente como otras playas de Nerja. También cerca hay una cala más pequeña y también bonita.
Como contrapunto, la urbanización tiene muchos escalones y resulta un poco laberíntica el acceso, aunque esto también es parte de su encanto. No es la mejor opción para familias que necesiten acceder al apartamento con cochecitos o personas con movilidad reducida. Se aparca sin mucho problema por la zona y si hubiera problema dispone de parking privado para uso y disfrute de los inquilinos de la urbanización. Hay un ascensor que facilita el acceso a la plaza central de la urbanización y evitando bajar tantas escaleras. Para comprar es necesario el uso del coche. Muy cerca, en coche, hay un Mercadona.
El apartamento está perfectamente equipado y decorado con mucho gusto. Dispone de aparatos de aire acondicionado en el salón y las dos habitaciones, que funcionan a la perfección. Es un apartamento amplio en varias alturas con una disposición bastante peculiar. Fuimos dos familias con niños, y hay disponibles todos los utensilios necesarios para poder apañar una comida o una cena sin problemas.
La playa Burriana es una playa para ir con niños que está bien. Es una playa, como todas la de esa costa, con arena negra gorda y algunas solo algunas piedras. Lo peor es que es un poco abrupta para ir con niños y hay que estar atento, ya que cubre enseguida. En el propio Nerja y alrededores hay bastantes cosas que ver y hacer.
From the Owner
“My husband and I have been coming to Nerja for the past 10 years. We particularly love the Burriana beach and the Balcon de Europa areas. We purchased our first apartment in Nerja's Capistrano village in 2011 and have fantastic holidays and short breaks there, either on our own or with our 3 teenage sons. I myself am a beach lover and find that Burriana beach takes some beating, with its lovely selection of restaurants and bars. Whatever time of year we visit Nerja, we enjoy ourselves and it really does offer something for everyone! The people are very friendly and there is a real mix of nationalities there. We love it so much that we decided to purchase a second apartment closer to the beach (4 minutes walk in fact).”
Activity and Interests
Located on a cliff above the beautiful Burriana beach. Just a 5 minute walk through tropical gardens and down some steps. The beach as a huge array of restaurants and beach bars/cafes along with shops and water sports.
Car hire is not essential, but recommended. A taxi from Malaga airport will cost you approx.70 euros. There is also a bus from Malaga city which will bring you into Nerja. The drive from the airport is approx. 45 minutes.
A 20 minute walk will take you into Nerja town and the lovely Balcon de Europa area, where you will be spoilt for choice with the selection of restaurants and bars, catering for all tastes and pockets.
There is a small supermarket along the beach front and 2 large supermarkets just a few minutes drive away. You will find an ATM machine down towards the beach and plenty of banks are located in Nerja town.
There are other beaches to visit in Nerja, Burriana is the only one with watersport facilities. The famous Nerja Caves are just a 5 minute drive away.
The gorgeous white washed village of Frigillana is a 10 minute drive inland and really is worth a visit.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner
Please contact owner
Notes on prices:
Please request discount prices for any stays of 4 weeks or more.
Nightly rates also supplied on request, minimum stay 3 nights.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Our apartment benefits from just being completely refurbished and has air conditioning throughout. It is just a few minutes walk to the beach which is beautiful and has many restaurants and bars along with water sporting facilities. It is also close to the town and Balcon de Europa area which is a cosmopolitan old town with many restaurants, shops and bars and access to other beaches. The famous Nerja Caves are just a 5 minute drive away and well worth a visit.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom has a walk in shower, toilet and sink.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 to the front of the property has a king size bed and fitted wardrobes. It also has air conditioning. Bedroom 2 to the rear of the property has twin beds a double wardrobe and also has air conditioning. A hair dryer is Supplied.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Max. occupancy: 4
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: In the covered terrace there is a wicker style coffee table and chairs. the sunny terrace is equipped with table and chairs also. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided. Other: We have a lovely covered Terrace to the front of the apartment, equipped with wicker coffee table and chairs, perfect for relaxing after a hard day on the beach.