In centre of St Ives - With sunny, south facing garden and great sea views Only available July/August
Bowling Green is one of the most sought after Victorian terraces in St Ives, being quiet and relatively secluded, yet just moments from the busy town centre and beaches. Go out of the front garden gate and along the private terrace path, and you are just above the Hepworth Sculpture Garden and Fore Street. Go out of the back gate and through an alley, and you are above The Tate St Ives and Porthmeor Beach. No 7 is our comfortable family home, which we only rent out during the months of July and August. With ample space, a full range of modern appliances and stunning sea views from the front rooms, we are sure you will discover that this is more than just holiday accommodation. Recently fully renovated, this traditional house is complimented by modern décor and original artwork. Although within a short walk to all the town facilities and the beaches, you may well decide to just sit and relax in the quiet, sunny garden.
To ensure that your holiday is to the highest standard, we personally take care of the changeover, cleaning, linen supplies and your welcome pack.
About the Owner
I have lived in St Ives since 1968, and my husband moved here in 1976 when we got married. This house has been our family home since 1984 and has gone through many changes since then. Completely refurbished over the last two years, we now have the house as we like it, and we are sure you will too. We hope you appreciate the modern art and bespoke furniture that you will find throughout the house, as we are both very involved with this.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"I don't want to go home. Can't we stay here?"
quote from Mrs C..........That just about sums it up.
Activity and Interests
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Jul 2017 - 21 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
25% of rental cost is required to secure booking. The remainder of the rental cost and £200 returnable damage deposit are to be paid 8 weeks before the holiday start date. For bookings made within 8 weeks of the start date, the full rental fee plus damage deposit is payable.
Any breakages, damage, and excessive cleaning after occupancy will be charged and deducted from the returnable damage deposit. The damage deposit will be paid back within 2 weeks of departure
Available weekly Saturday to Saturday. Arrival, strictly from 3pm, unless by prior arrangement and the property must be vacated by 10am sharp and without exception on departure date.
A payment of 25% of the rental rate is required upon booking.
The remainder of the rental rate plus the returnable damage deposit of £200 are to be paid in full sixty (60) days prior to the holiday start date.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You could not get more central to St Ives, being located in the Barnoon Area. Everything you need is just a short walk away, so if you need milk or bread in the morning, you have several shops to choose from within minutes. Porthmeor beach is about three minutes away; easy for any surfers. The harbour and town beach are about the same distance, and Porthminster or Porthgwidden beaches are only about ten minutes away. The location also means you can stroll down for an evening meal at one of the award winning restaurants, then meander about St Ives on one of those balmy summer evenings, knowing that wherever you are, your welcoming holiday home is still close by. It’s great to enjoy all that the town has to offer, without having to use a car, taxi, or even train to get you home.”
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- live theatre
- theme parks
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The Family bathroom has a bath with shower over, a hand basin and heated towel rail. There is a separate WC next to bathroom. On the ground floor there is a room with shower, hand basin, WC, and heated towel rail
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, Sea View
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, Sea View
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The double bedroom has a king size bed and enjoys stunning sea views. There is a 3’ bed in the single bedroom. The attic bedroom has two 3’ beds and panoramic views. There is plenty of hanging and storage space in all the bedrooms
- Notes on accommodation: Sorry no pets are allowed, and this is a no smoking house, including the outhouse. The electric heater in the dining area rapidly warms to whole room if there is a chilly evening, however there is also a wood burning stove in the lounge which you are welcome to use. Wood burner blocks, kindling and lighters are stored in the rear outhouse and will be charged on an 'as used' basis. Bookings are not finalised until fees due are cleared and you receive our written confirmation. Outside: There is a private, enclosed south facing, paved garden at the front. Surrounded by shrubs and with a decked area this is ideal for just relaxing. Utility Room: There is a washing machine located in the rear outhouse. There is also space here to securely store cycles, surfboards etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen, towels and tea towels are provided, however please bring your own towels for use on the beach. We personally take care of changeovers, cleaning and the provision of a welcome pack, to ensure everything is done to the highest standard Other: The dining area has a large farmhouse table and seating for 6. A bookcase has a range of books and DVDs, and there is also a Hi-Fi unit that has a radio, CD, and Mini-disc player. There is also an electric heater which can warm the whole room.