Villa in Buonconvento, Nr. Montalcino, Siena, Tuscany and Florence, Italy - Hiill Top Villa. Sumptious Living With Sprawling Living Space Inside & Out. Unrivalled Tuscan Views
A sympathetically restored sumptious countryside retreat. The villa was originally commissioned by the illustrious Chigi family and designed by the renowned Sienese architect Baldassare Tommaso Peruzzi (1481 – 1536) The villa has been extended and enhanced over the centuries, and has recently undergone a complete restoration to create a contemporary country estate, whilst remaining faithful to the original design. Within the extensive grounds, you will find a spectacular travertine infinity edge pool, outdoor kitchen and expansive terrace in addition to secluded places within the gardens where you can simply breathe in the fresh Tuscan air.... or enjoy a glass of wine as you watch the sun go down. San Luigi sits proudly on a hilltop surveying the diverse Tuscan landscape: to the South, the summit of Mount Amiata and the hilltop town of Montalcino are clearly visible; the moon-scape of the Crete Senesi and lies to the East with undulating fields and wooded hills to the West. On a clear day, from the highestpoint on the estate, the towers of Siena can be seen glistening in the sunlight. Situated within the historical estate of Castelnuovo Tancredi (which dates as far back as 1315), the home is ideally positioned for you to experience the beauty, culture, wine and gastronomy of Southern Tuscany. The medieval walled-town of Buonconvento with its restaurants and bars, shops selling local produce as well as a supermarket and railway station, is a short seven minute drive. Montalcino and its famous Brunello vineyards is just 15 minutes away, whilst Siena and the hilltop towns of Pienza and San Quirico d’Orcia, and the thermal baths at Bagno vignoni are all accessible within accessible within 30 minutes.
For luxurious high end living this villa ticks all the boxes.
Wi-Fi, daily maid service, Midweek linen change, Use of the bocce court, Air conditioning and a welcome food and wine hamper are all included with every reservation. Private chef is available for lunch and dinner by prior request. We will be delighted to cater to all requests and our absolute passion is to
ensure that our guests enjoy a high-end, luxury driven, authentic and unforgettable, Tuscan experience with absolute comfort and total privacy.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
The home is available on the market from spring 2015. We look forward to adding our guests reviews during the season.
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Stayed last July at this luxury retreat. If you want to do Tuscany in style and absolute luxury look no further. The villa is exactly as advertised and photographed. Would definitely return and recommend the home. Italian apartments were easy to deal with and sent communication of the booking promptly with plenty of tips and recommendations.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Cookery and painting courses plus visits to local wineries to taste Italy's leading wine's are all available. Our private chef is available also for step by step cookery lessons here at the villa! Please ask for details.
Coast and beach available 1hour to 90 minutes from the home. Please ask for details.
Pisa airport is less than 2 hour drive. Also accessible via Perugia and Florenece. Car essential to get the most from your stay. Full directions supplied on request or with each reservation.
The villa is located within easy reach of Moltacino to sample some of Italy's greatest wines. Siena with it's breathtaking shell shaped piazza, Chiantishire, the picture perfect cypress lined hills of Val D'orcia are worth a visit. The charming village of Buonconvento full of local flavour and all amenities are close by less than a 10 minute drive to restaurants and bars. Be sure to visit the spa village of Bagno Vignoni as well as Pienza famed for it's pecorino cheese and pretty village.
Relax in the large sitting / media room complete with fireplace, Samsung Smart TV, Sonos system and enough comfortable sofas to accommodate the entire family or a large group of friends.
Relax at the bar area with a large individually designed travertino noce bar table and a bar unit complete with fridge, wine fridge, and everything you need to make your favourite summer cocktail! A handmade full-sized snooker table and card/games table are available to use.
The gardens here at the villa have been lovingly created to compliment the layout of the Estate and the local landscape of undulating hills, Cypresses and Oaks. A plentitude of seating areas have been created within the
gardens to provide ample opportunity to enjoy the panoramic views.
At the front of the Villa the more formal Italian garden, planted with buxus, roses and rosemary echoes the symmetry of the architecture. Around the exterior of the pool and outer lying edges of the garden, the planting creates compliments the garden area merging sympathetically into the natural landscape. Located to the west of the Estate an olive grove has been established. To the rear of the Villa, you will find the villa's very own vegetable garden. The hand crafted wrought iron gazebo provides a unique space to relax amongst the formal Italian garden taking in the panoramic views. The terrace between the ‘A wing’ and the pool is complimented by more exotic planting, whilst the lawn provides an opportunity for a game of croquet. Of course, an Italian garden would not be complete
without it’s very own Bocce court....rules provided!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn and Winter
1 Oct 2016 - 18 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
19 Dec 2016 - 19 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 31 May 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
June to Septmber
1 Jun 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
GPS Coordinates: 43.138952, 11.426596
15% deposit to reserve the home.
Daily maid service
Midweek linen change
Use of bocce court
Welcome food and wine hamper
Saturday to Saturday stays preferred. Check in 4 to 6pm
Midweek arrivals welcome when possible.
Notes on prices:
15% non refundable deposit to reserve. Balance due 8 weeks prior to stay.
Security deposit 15% on rental due on arrival refunded on departure.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- 6 ensuite bathrooms featuring showers and a wc, three of the bathrooms include a bath. Fixtures and fittings to the highest standards using travertino. All bathrooms feature air con & underfloor heating.7th bathroom is located next to one of the bedrooms.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 king size beds. 2 queen size beds (1 is a sofa bed in a separate room) 1 double bedroom. 1 Twin bed (also available as a double) 6 of the bedrooms are ensuite inc. underfloor heating and air-con. One of the bedrooms is located in the annexe.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Please ask to view our extensive range of photos and descriptions available to guests. All bathrooms feature air conditioning and underfloor heating. Gated residence for added security. Outside: Walk across the courtyard - that separates the Villa from the ‘A’ wing and you will find yourself in a lavish entertainment space ideal for alfresco dining on the terrace. Relax at the infinity edge pool, pull up a lounger and lose yourself in this unique tuscan ambience whilst admiring the views of Crete Senesi and Val D’Orcia. Adjacent to the pool terrace is a lounge area with a pergola and comfortable seating for those who prefer more shade. Outside, numerous travertine cafe tables are dotted around the courtyard where you can enjoy your breakfast either in shady corners or basking in the morning sun. Located next to the pool, there is an exceptional external kitchen and dining area complete with BBQ & Pizza Oven fridge and ice-maker to ensure you can keep cool whilst you lounge by the pool enjoying the summer Tuscan sun. At night, the lighting, candles and fire-pits turns the pool terrace into a magical place to dine, enjoy an aperitivo, or simply gaze at the stars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The home is meticulously presented on arrival including sumptuous bedding, linen and towels. Additional cleaning is available throughout your stay on your request. Other: Il Forno (part of which once was the old oven) can serve both as a TV room and library, as well as an additional guest room. The Studio is stocked with books and a pc. A wine cellar stocked with some of the most regions renowned wines is available.