Villa in Rotonda West, Florida Gulf of Mexico, USA - Peaceful location, with easy access to beaches and shops
Located in a quiet area of Rotonda, our SW facing home provides all you need for a relaxing holiday. Our open-plan, well-equipped home has a spacious lanai overlooking a 24x12ft private pool, where you can enjoy meals at all times of the day. Available for use are 2 sets of golf clubs, bicycles and fishing rods for local activities, and beach equipment for use at the local beaches within a 10 minute drive. Free use of wireless internet is also provided.
About the Owner
About Shaun Wakelen
We are an English couple living in the UK who fell in love with Florida back in 2002. After renting properties for our annual vacations, we eventually bought our own home here in Rotonda. We just love the area, the people and all that the Gulf Coast has to offer. What better place to relax and get away from it all..
Shaun Wakelen purchased this villa in 2006
Why Shaun Wakelen chose Rotonda West
After renting places in Spring Hill and Bradenton, we eventually had a vacation in Rotonda and fell in love with the place.
Easy access to beaches and shops, and the various activities the area has to offer. Our quiet and peaceful neighborhood is an ideal place to relax, but still within easy reach of the tourist attractions of the Everglades and the Tampa/Orlando theme parks.
What makes this villa unique
Within easy reach of beaches and shops, and a fully equipped holiday home.
From the Owner
“After renting places in Spring Hill and Bradenton, we eventually had a vacation in Rotonda and fell in love with the place. Easy access to beaches and shops, and the various activities the area has to offer. Our quiet and peaceful neighborhood is an ideal place to relax, but still within easy reach of the tourist attractions of the Everglades and the Tampa/Orlando theme parks.”
Activity and Interests
The uncrowded and spacious beaches of the Gulf Coast are easily accessible by car. The closest beach (Englewood) is just a 10 minute drive away, with the delights of Stump Pass beach and nature trail nearby.
Middle Beach is a further 5 minutes drive away
The lovely beaches of Boca Grand are 20 minutes drive away (toll charge at the bridge)
Plenty of activities for all including boat and jet-skit hire, shelling, and swimming.
Beach chairs, towels and bucket and spades all available for use.
Fort Myers and Sarasota airports are within a 1 hour drive.
Tampa airport is 95 miles away, and is approximately a 1.5 hours drive
Orlando airport is approximately 3 hours drive away.
Car hire is recommended
The nearest town is Englewood, just a 5-minute drive to the shops.
Port Charlotte Mall is a 20 minute drive away, and further along are the delights of Fisherman's Village in Punta Gorda, approximately 30 minutes from our home.
Further afield are the shops and Malls of Venice (30 minutes) and Sarasota (45 minutes)
Busch Gardens in Tampa is 1.5 hours drive
Orlando theme parks are 2.5 hours drive
Ideally situated for a relaxing time fishing or just enjoying the sun at the beach or by the pool.
Our favourite, Busch Gardens, is a great day out with thrilling rides and safari adventure with a fantastic African themed zoo.
The theme parks of Orlando are just 3 hours away, which can make it a long day, or make use of the budget motels for a multi-day adventure.
Enjoy air-boat rides on the Everglades, within easy reach for a day trip.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£155.17|
A 20% deposit is required to secure a booking, with full balance required 8 weeks before the arrival date, along with a refundable security deposit.
Electric pool heating, if required, is an additional charge.
Arrival time is from 4pm
Departure time is 11am
These times may be flexible depending on previous/next bookings.
No fixed changeover days.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for rentals per week, in UK sterling or US dollars.
No additional charges for cleaning, or taxes
Discounts offered for longer stays
Pool heating (if required) is £30/US$45 per week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Within easy reach of beaches and shops, and a fully equipped holiday home.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to the master bedroom with show and basin Family bathroom with full-size bath and shower All towels (including beach towels) and linens are provided and hair dryers
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom - King size bed, en-suite bathroom, walk-in wardrobe, patio door to the lanai, TV Bedroom 2 - Queen size bed, TV Bedroom 3 - Twin beds
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- 3 bicycles
- Max. occupancy: 6
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: Located in a quiet cul-de-sac, with no through traffic. Fully air-conditioned throughout, with an open-plan design consisting of a comfortable living area, dining area and kitchen. Spacious lanai with gas BBQ and electrically heated 24x12ft pool. Child pool-guard available if required. Suitable for couple and families of all ages. Local property managers available for any issues that may arise. Guest information pack provided, with details on local amenities and areas of interest. Easily accessible for wheelchairs Outside: Our home is located near the Pinemoor West golf club (we are not overlooked from the course) within a quiet neighborhood. Spacious SW facing screened lanai with a gas BBQ, around a 24x12ft private pool. The pool can be electrically heated (additional charge). Well tended gardens around the house, with a variety of birds visiting our feeders. Ample parking on the front drive. Utility Room: Located within the garage are the washing machine and dishwasher, along with an iron and ironing board Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels (house and beach) along with bed linen are provided. Our home is cleaned before your arrival, but please leave it as you would like to find it. Travel cot and high chair available for our young guests Other: Enjoy our "snug" area at the front of the house, where an armchair and a 2-seater sofa are available, along with a piano and plenty of books to read from our ever growing library.