House in Sidlesham, Chichester, Sussex, England - Rural Location Close To Beaches And Chichester City, Home Of Goodwood
The house is a detached 6 bedroom property in a small village called Sidlesham on the outskirts of chichester. We are set back from the road which is just a 10 min drive to Chichester and a 10 min drive to the beaches of Selsey and the Witterings in the other direction. The house is positioned on part of our four acre smallholding, where we keep chickens, ducks and pigs and grow a selection of vegetables.The property has its own, private, spacious garden, but children would be welcome to feed chickens or collect the eggs. The house has six bedrooms, a master with ensuite, leading out onto a large balcony, two twins and a single upstairs. Downstairs there are two twin rooms, a shower room and toilet. The house sleeps 11 comfortably. We have a large sitting room with patio doors leading to the garden and a large dining room, again with patio doors leading to the garden. We are 15 minutes from Goodwood motor and horse racing circuits and 1 minute from Chicheter golf club with its two extensive 18 hole courses and 2 fun courses for families.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
I am Health Visitor (Nurse) and am married to a teacher. We have 4 children aged between 5 and 13 years old. We are trying to capture a slice of the 'good life' and would love to be self sufficient one day! There are lots of things I would love to do in my spare time, but so far I don't seem to have any:-)
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Very comfortable, ideal for family and friends open house. Very welcoming with fresh flowers and wine!
Excellent holiday home for extended family
An excellent place to stay with family or friends, lots of flexibility and loads of space in the lounge, dining room and kitchen.
The children loved the play equipment and the garden and kept themselves occupied for ages. Yes, a gate will be safer, but we had no real worries. They loved collecting the eggs!
The kitchen is well equipped and there is everything you could need. The owners are very generous in what they supply and their help in general.
There is a lot to do without travelling far.
We would thoroughly recommend it!
Fabulous family holiday
We spent the first week in August at this lovely holiday home. There was plenty of space for our 3 families (grandparents, auntie and uncle and their 19 month old and us with our 6 and 3 year old). The website description does suggest that there is a double bed in one of the two downstairs bedrooms but there is only one bedroom upstairs which has a double bed. Not a big problem but some couples do like to share a bed! There is lots of living and dining room space and lovely views of the fabulous garden. The children absolutely loved being able to run around and play hide and seek, pick blackberries and especially collect the eggs and feed the pigs each day! We also enjoyed a BBQ outside on one of the warmer evenings. The kitchen is very well equipped with lots of cupboard and worktop space.
We had some lovely days out Fishers Farm Park, West Wittering beach, Hotham Park (fabulous food at the cafe!), the fun fair park at Littlehampton (which was also a great crabbing location) and swimming at Westgate Leisure Centre. We can also recommend the Chinese and Indian takeways in Selsey.
A lovely holiday with very friendly owners who were very helpful during the booking process and our stay. Thanks for sharing your lovely home!
Wonderful family holiday home
Had a fabulous stay at Butskiln. This is a lovely family home and perfect for our large family which included 5 small grand-children. We loved the space both in the living rooms and the bedrooms and there was plenty of room for 7 adults, 4 small children and a baby. High chairs and stair gate provided made life very easy. Décor is lovely and can't think of anything we needed which wasn't there. Short drive to beautiful beach at West Wittering and also to Chichester for a bit of culture and shopping. We all loved feeding the pigs and collecting eggs - a real treat for the grandchildren. The gardens are extensive and lovely and I understand a gate is to be added which will keep the children safe as the road is rather busy.
From the Owner
“We bought this cottage just over a year ago in an attempt to capture the 'good life'. It has a private garden of just over an acre and is attached to our smallholding where we keep pigs, ducks, chickens and grow vegetables. We love being near Chichester where we both work, but when at home it seems a million miles away and we love the peace that this home brings. We live in this house for most of the year and just rent it for the summer months so that others can enjoy what we have.”
Activity and Interests
The stunning sandy beaches at West wittering are just 5 miles away, a 10 min drive. The pebbly, but charming, Selsey beach is can also be reached in 10 mins by car, famous for its local fresh crab. Pagham harbour nature reserve is just down the road well known in the area for bird spotting.
London Gatwick Airport: 1hr 15 mins
London Heathrow Airport: 1hr 20 mins
Southampton International Airport: 30 mins
It is approximately 6 miles into chichester centre, a cathedral city with an extensive range of shops and restaurants. Portsmoth is a half hour drive where you can explore the historic dockland or visit Gunwarf Quay outlet shopping centre. Sidlesham is a charming village with a 13th century church, many thatched cottages and a couple of great pubs.Our local petrol station sells essentials such as bread and milk and it is only a 5 min drive to a coop and 10 mins to a large Tesco store.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A provisional booking will be held for a period of 7 days from the receipt of a confirmation email from us, pending receipt of the booking form and deposit.
Non refundable deposit of 25% required to reserve the dates you would like.
Balance of payment 8 weeks before the starting date of your holiday.
The property will be let Saturday to Saturday. Guests may arrive from 4 pm and must leave by 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
From £1400 a week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love being able to pop down to the beach for an evening picnic in the summer or for a spot of fishing. There are some beautiful country walks near by as well as some lovely pub restaurants. We enjoy the space around the house and love being able to make noise! Our animals are also a lot of fun and it is great to be able to have fresh eggs each day.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1: Family bathroom with slipper bath, toilet sink and heated towel rail. Bathroom 2: En-suite with Power shower, toilet sink and heated towel rail. Bathroom 3: Downstairs shower and sink. Separate toilet.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Master bedroom with en-suite and large balcony. Bedroom 2: Twin bedroom leading to balcony. Bedroom 3: Twin bedroom. Bedroom 4: Single bedroom. Bedroom 5: Downstairs double bedroom. Bedroom 6: Downstairs twin bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The original part of the house is old therefore the stair case is a little steeper than average, rooms are available on the ground floor however. The house is surrounded by land so we advise young children be closely supervised, there is some play equipment in the garden which children are welcome to use, again with adult supervision. Outside: The property is joining our small holding where we keep a few animals and grow a selection of fruit and vegetables, including a mature apricot and peach tree. Extensive,private gardens surround the house with many mature trees and a patio seating area. There is off road parking for several cars. Utility Room: Washing machine in downstairs shower room. Also we have a boot room where beach equipment, shoes, surfboards and coats can be stored attached to the house. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels provided except beach towels. Other: The dining room is a lovely light room looking out onto the garden with a large table for relaxed family meals.Outside there is also a table and chairs on a patio area, under the shade of a cherry tree.