Farmhouse in Viersat, Creuse, Limousin, France - Peace and quiet surrounded by countryside but only a short drive to town
The property is situated in a small hamlet of about 12 homes in the commune of Viersat. It is completely detached and has its own private rear garden with garden furniture and a barbecue.
There is parking for several cars and undercover parking for motorcycles. The garden backs onto a private field of about 2 acres. You are welcome to use this as an extended garden. Please supervise children.
The entrance downstairs leads into the main lounge dining area, equipped with TV/DVD . There is a log fire should you choose to stay in the winter months.
The kitchen is also well equipped. The bathroom is situated off the hall way downstairs with a bath, toilet and washbasin. The shower room is upstairs.
About the Owner
I grew up in London and lived there until I was 27. Having spent many holidays in La Creuse as a child I decided to buy my own property there. I renovated two properties including this one. I am self employed in the UK and divide my time between Worcestershire and La Creuse
Guestbook comments from the owner
Lovely stay, best house in France. Thanks for letting us share your lovely gite, Hope to be back to see you again. Found some nice places of interest. It was nice meeting Rob and his family, most friendly people. Bob and Margaret
We have had a relaxing and enjoyable week greatly helped by Robert's advice about places to see and restaurants for good meals. We especially enjoyed the Coq d'Or. Food delicious and staff friendly. We have been coming to France for 30 years and have rented over 25 Gites and this is definitely one of the very best. It's roomy,and tastefully and superbly renovated. Everything has been thought of and we would definitely recommend it as a marvellous base to explore the area. It's comfortable and welcoming, and though it was cold most days with some crisp frosts the gite was warm and the fire is easy to manage. John and Molly
1 holidaymaker review
Charmant gîte en Creuse
location aménagée avec goût, il faut toutefois apprécier la campagne et le calme mais à proximité il y a des visites intéressantes à faire: tout à côté Les Pierres Jaumâtres (accrobranche, poneys...) l'étang des Landes ,Guéret (les loups de Chabrières), Aubusson et ses tapisseries, Ahun et son Moulin , ) des marchés locaux , brocantes etc... , il y a donc à faire et à voir en Creuse contrairement à des idées reçues! N'oubliez pas Montluçon dans le proche Allier avec ses vieux quartiers et son château, Mu Pop musée dédié à la musique visité par Polnareff récemment et Moulins un peu plus loin (musée du costume de scène, maison Mantin etc...)
N.B il faut payer en "pounds" non en euros...
From the Owner
“I lived in London most my life and wanted to be somewhere with low population and space. The area and property were ideal. It is quiet and peaceful but Montlucon is only a short drive and provides everything I need.”
Activity and Interests
There is a recreational lake about 10 miles away
Car essential. Property is not situated near shops. 90 miles Limoges airport. 400 miles Calais
Chambon Sur Vouieze and Evaux les bains approx 10 miles. Budeliere with bakers and convenience store 6 miles. Montlucon is a large town about 12 miles
Local towns have regular markets, please check with local tourist offices for details. A swimming pool, sauna, steam bath & gym are available in the nearby thermal spa town of Evaux les Bains.
Montlucon provides a good selection of shops, supermarkets and restaurants and there is a castle situated in the old part of the town. There is also a bowling alley and recently an aqua center has been built about 15 minutes away from the property. Near Gueret there is a wolf park. Many of the local towns have a selection of restaurants.
Les Pierres Jaumatres near Toulx ste Croix is an area of outstanding natural beauty and the summit offers stunning views across the Creuse, the rocks are steeped in legend with tales of an ancient lost city, buried treasure and fairies. At the same site is Parcours Aventure, similar to Go Ape. There is also an excellent restaurant here with a large terrace overlooking La Creuse.
The view from the front of the property is across rolling hills and fields. There is a vast amount of Flora and Fauna in the immediate area including many birds of prey, deer and wild boar.
La Creuse is becoming more popular for holiday makers but still remains unspoilt. Some of the attractions include the town of Aubusson, famous for its tapestries. Many chateaux, churches and interesting bridges are in close proximity. If you are looking to buy a property in La Creuse this would be a good base for house hunting. There are also endless farm tracks and forests to be explored on foot or by mountain bike. The nearby town of Evaux les Bains is famous for its spa and there is also a casino there.
Although we are situated in La Creuse, its only a few kilometres from the Auvergne border which also has many attractions. The city of Clermont Ferrand is about 70 miles away and is built on an extinct volcano. Its famous Gothic cathedral is very impressive.
Should you wish to travel a little further the town of Oradour-sur-Glane is around 2.5 hours away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 26 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
25% payable when making reservation balance 8 weeks before arrival. Payments by bank transfer or cheque. We accept Paypal for your security (fee applies)
All pricing is in sterling.
Saturday but may be flexible depending on requirements and length of stay.
Notes on prices:
Discounts are available for bookings of 3 weeks or more. Please ask for rates. The property is also available for longer term letting subject to requirements. Please ask for details
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Being able to enjoy open space and the countryside. Rivers and lakes and country walks. The area is ideal for people with kids who wish to explore nature.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room situated on first floor. Shower cubicle, full size sink and low level toilet. Extractor fan and small opening window. Mirror and small cupboard, Towel rails. Mains socket. Bathroom on ground floor. As above with bath instead of shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom has double bed. Bedroom two has two single beds. Bedroom three has bunk beds suited to children. In the lounge there is a pull out sofa bed suitable for occasional use. Two travel cots
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property has electric heating in each room. Electricity, water and gas for cooker is included in the cost. Electricity is charged at meter rate when staying between October and April. There is plenty of wood available for the enclosed burner, also included in cost. You are welcome to bring pets. We can usually provide an appointment at local vets for dogs returning to the UK. Please note no wifi at the property but mobile and 3G signal is usually available. Outside: The property is situated in a courtyard. The large rear garden is accessed at the side of the property and is enclosed. It is suitable for dogs and children.The garden leads through a gate into a 2 acre field which you are welcome to use for recreation. White garden furniture provided, parasol and barbecue. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Blankets, duvets, mattress protectors, pillows and bedspreads are provided. We usually request that guests supply their own sheets, duvet covers, pillow cases and towels as this is reflected in pricing. We can provide linen and towels for a surcharge.