House in Antequera, Costa del Sol (Inland), Spain - Very Quiet Location Adjoining The Walls Of The Historic Alcazabar. Town Centre Just A 5 Minute Walk
The spacious, fully-equipped townhouse is situated next to the Alcazabar (Moorish castle) in a quiet street in the historic quarter of Antequera. The bedrooms are spacious and airy with lovely Julietta balconies to the front overlooking El Torcal. The courtyard is an excellent oasis to enjoy outdoor dining. The sun terrace has a view of the Moorish Castle and has the benefit of outdoor airconditioning to cool yourself on those hot summer Andalucian days. An excellent base to visit both the immumerable sites Antequera has to offer and the nearby attractions. Nestled in the "heart of Andalucia " the house is only a 40 minute drive from Malaga airport and the Costa Del Sol with all its famous attractions. 30 minutes to the East is Granada in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada and its famous "Alhambra", just under an hour to the North is Cordoba with its Mezquita and in just over an hour you can be in the Andalusian capital of Sevilla, famed for its Giralda and flamenco dancing. Antequera is the mid-way point between Sevilla and Granada and provides an excellent base for those wishing to follow the famed "Route of Washington Irving". Nearby, there are some great places to visit; the Lobo Park, where you can see and hear wolves in their natural environment. The Flamingoes in the shallow lagoon of Fuente de Piedra, also in Fuente there is an excellent Donkey sanctuary.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
5 based on 9 holidaymaker reviews
We, four old school friends who meet up once a year rented this house as it was convenient for arriving from Malaga airport and visiting Seville and Cordoba. Brilliant communication and instructions from Mike from the outset. Clear instructions on how to find the house. Everything in the house to make our stay extremely comfortable and we all loved the accommodation. We would highly recommend this property to anyone visiting the area.
Absolutely breathtaking views and 5 star property!
This property in the charming town of Antequera far exceeded our expectations and Mike and Penny delivered first class customer service and hospitality. Its location is truly magical - at the foot of an ancient castle and the views are stunning. A short 7 minute walk into town and also close to nearby restaurants and tapas bars, tourist sites and the charming main street and squares of Antequera. The property is spacious, and comfortable and we were pleasantly surprised when we found some basic supplies left for us in the fridge (bread, cheese, jamon and wine!) and Mike was always avail for questions etc.
Overall a fantastic property and experience at Casa San Salvador. We look forward to our next visit!
Dan & Azeema (August 2016)
Stayed in this lovely house for 5 days. Wonderfully situated for exploring the lovely town, and visiting the local bars. Made use of the out door air conditioning, as the temperatures rose to 30++. Met the neighbours at the bread van, that visited every morning. I am sure we will be back, perhaps when a little cooler so we can do more!!
Perfect location, cosy house with lots of room indoors and out
The house has a great location - very peaceful, beautiful view and close to the town center. Located right at the edge of the castle.
The house is spacious and cosy. The courtyard and balcony are great places for relaxing, sun bathing and dining. The house is very well equipped - the only thing i missed was a sharp knife. It was also very clean.
I would definitely like to return!
I stayed at Casa San Salvador with four friends and the property met all our expectations. The house is situated in a quiet location, with lovely open views to the front, but with the advantage of being just a few minutes stroll from the nearest restaurant. We found the house to be well equipped, clean and comfortable and we particularly enjoyed relaxing on the sun terrace. I look forward to returning in the not too distant future.
Fantastic a little bit of heaven!
Stayed for a long weekend and had a fabulous time. The location was fantastic in a lovely area of the old town very quiet and very Spanish! If you want to experience true Spain then I would highly recommend spending your time here. The accommodation is an excellent base for exploring Andalucia and is a gem!
Activity and Interests
The beautiful Costa del Sol is approx 40 mins drive away. The nearest sandy beach is Los Alamos. This is a popular beach with locals and is a great place to enjoy fresh fish in one of the many chiringuitos (beach restaurant). Parking is easy too.
Torremolinos, Fuengirola and Marbella are all along the same strip of coast. There is a also a beach at Malaga which can be reached by bus from Antequera Bus Station.
Malaga airport is 40 minute drive away. Car hire is not essential as Antequera has an excellent public transport system. There is also a large train station (15min drive) out of town which links to all the major train stations with the AVE train, including Madrid. (3hrs).
Granada airport is also opened at summer (50 mins drive)
A car is helpful to visit local towns and villages. Parking is available on the road at front of house.
Antequera is situated at the T junction of the A45 from Malaga and the A92 which runs from Granada to Seville. Cordoba is slightly further north. All 4 major cities are approx an hour away by car.
There is a lovely area known as El Chorro with beautiful lakes with sandy inlets. This is approx 30 mins away by car inland. Well worth a visit.
Fuente de Vaqueros ( birthplace of Lorca), Rio Frio and its variety of restaurants, and Ronda are all within 30/40 mins drive.
There are 3 local bars/restaurants and a small supermarket within easy walking distance of the house (5 min walk). A van travels up and down the street twice a day selling groceries. The nearby Portichuelo square is the nearest stop for the local bus (1 euro to anywhere).
Antequera has plenty of shops, supermarkets, bars, restaurants, a market and a weekly travelling market. There is also a large shopping mall called La Veronica which is situated on the edge of town (accessible by local bus) with a hypermarket which is open every day til late. The supermarkets in town will also deliver your shopping.All the major banks are in Antequera and there is an abundance of cashpoints.
There is a large hospital also on the outskirts of town with an A&E dept.
Antequera is a large town/small city with a rich and varied history. There is a Tourist Information and a small tourist bus which runs from April til October around all the main places of interest of which there are many! From the bronze age Dolmenes to the Roman Ruins, Moorish Castle, medieval architecture and traditional spanish civil and religious buildings (more than 50 in total!). There is always some sort of festival ocurring or you could book a trip to one of the many sites or an organised event with the Tourist Office.
The bullring in the centre of town is well worth a visit. The parade of the bullfighters and the ladies dressed in full national costume is a spectacular site at feria time.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
5 Sep 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit is required to secure a booking. The remainder must be paid in full 4 weeks before arrival date.
A deposit of 100 Euros is required upon arrival to cover any damages etc.
Any queries, please contact owner
Notes on prices:
Prices vary depending on whether 6 or 8 people staying. For 8 people it will be an extra £50 per week.
Price for the villa per night is £75 minimum of 2 nights
Long term lets considered.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 on ground floor with bath/shower over, WC, bidet, basin. Bathroom 2 upstairs: WC, basin. Luxurious bathroom on ground floor of annexe with bath/shower over, WC, bidet, 2 basins,
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 on first floor with double bed, air-conditioning Bedroom 2 on first floor with twin bed, air-conditioning Bedroom 3 on first floor with double bed, air-conditioning Bedroom 4 in self-contained annexe with cooling fans, separate bathroom.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: House is set in a quiet street within the old historic part of Antequera. There are 3 local bars/restaurants within 2 mins walk of the property. There is also a local supermarket as well as a van which travels along the street at certain times of the day selling fruit and vegetables and general consummables. There is a bus stop nearby with a regular bus service into the town and surrounding area. A car is not necessary as there is a good transport link in Antequera with coaches and trains to nearby Granada, Cordoba, Seville and Malaga. However, a car is useful if you would like to visit the nearby reservoirs at Chorro or the wolf park and other small local towns with all their colourful histories. The town centre is 5 mins walking distance. There are numerous bars, restaurants and shops. There are banks, a nearby shopping mall, cinemas, a bullring, a market and plenty of churches and museums which are well worth a visit. Don't forget the local football and municipal swimming pool! Outside: There is a spacious secluded private courtyard on the ground floor which is ideal for outdoor dining. There are sunloungers and seating. There is also a sunterrace on the first floor with views of the Alcazabar. There are sunloungers here. Also outdoor air conditioning, which is really pleasant when the afternoon sun becomes too hot! Utility Room: Washing machine is located in the utility room in the annexe with space for drying. Ironing board, iron etc. Swing-ball game and table tennis set. Set of golf clubs available for use. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are provided on arrival. Towels for sun-loungers are also provided. House will be cleaned before arrival. Other: The annexe is a seperate building at the back of the coutyard. Contains a utility room for storage and laundry, and recently refurbished luxuruous bathroom. Upstairs is a spacious double bedroom which has absolute privacy.