House in Massat, Ariege, Midi-Pyrénées, France - Nestled In The Mountains Above Massat, Tapovan Is A Two Bedroom Gite Available For Holidays.
On the first floor of the gîte, there are two bedrooms; one double with ensuite shower and wash-hand basin, one twin bedded. On the same floor, there is a bathroom (bath and shower) and WC. The ground floor has an independent living room, leading off which is the kitchen/dining room, (for use of guests on the self catering basis). There is a private patio and garden area for exclusive use of guests. The more extensive grounds and facilities (including swimming pool and sauna) are also available for recreation, by arrangement. There are several paths for exploration of the adjacent grounds and woods. We would advise that due to the steep terrain of the grounds and a number of steps, the property is not suitable for small children or anyone with mobility difficulties.
Top Traveller Review
A little piece of heaven
About the Owner
We have lived in Massat, at Tapovan, since May 2009. We moved here from the UK for a quieter, calmer life, and we've certainly experienced that. We hope that our gite clients will get some sense of contentment we have found.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We have had a really peaceful and relaxing stay and the cosy gîte with the wood burner blazing away made the damp days pass pleasantly. The garden and surroundings are beautiful and we enjoyed Massat and especially "Maxils".
Mike was really excited to find nearly 70 species of moths in his trap.
We certainly hope to return." Pat, Mike and Chris June 2013
"What a great place. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful home with us.
We had a great time bike riding all but one day - getting ready for The Tour de France passing through Massat tomorrow.
We'll be back!" Tom & Courtenay, Gunnison, Colorado, USA July 2012
1 holidaymaker review
A little piece of heaven
Tapovan Gite is a wonderful place to stay. Beautifully maintained and spotlessly clean. The give is set in the mountains and is a very restful place to stay. Paul & Andrea are wonderful hosts, made us feel very much at home. We had a fabulous week & would definitely recommend it as a holiday home. We will definitely be returning soon. Gorgeous part of France
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The property is situated in (the Couserans part of) the Ariège, popular with walkers and cyclists and the Tour de France passes nearby more often than not.
There are many marked walking routes in the vicinity and detailed guides are provided for these.
We enjoy good summer temperatures. In the winter, skiing is available at resorts an hour or so drive away, including Ax-Les-Thermes and Guzet-Neige. A slightly longer journey will take you to the higher ski areas of Andorra. Nordic skiing and snow shoe (raquette) walking can be enjoyed a mere fifteen minutes drive away at the Etang de Lers.
The village of Massat has essential amenities; post office, épicerie, mini-supermarket, off licence, whole food store, pharmacy and more. There is also a Tourist Office.
It is possible to walk from Tapovan to Massat within 40 minutes.
However, use of car is essential as local public transport is negligible.
Toulouse airport (Easyjet & BA flights) 1 hour 45 mins
Carcassonne airport (Ryanair) less than 2 hours
A pleasant walk takes you from Tapovan to Massat village within 40 minutes.
Thirty to forty minutes drive brings you to St Girons with a choice of larger supermarkets and a good selection of individual stores and a colourful Saturday market.
Apart from the wonderful opportunities for walking (including access to the GR10, trans Pyrenean path) and cycling, the area and nearby environs have plenty of interest.
Maxil's bar has a good restaurant with several fixed price menus and an à la carte menu. Le Hostellerie des Trois Seigneurs hotel (open from the beginning of April to the end of October) also has a restaurant, with a varied menu for those with a good appetite. On the market square there is also The Globe Bar and Coleur Cafe (with delicious patisserie).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
01.10.16 to 25.03.17
1 Oct 2016 - 25 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Stay tax||€0 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 14 years.|
Prices Include: heating, logs, electricity, bed linen and towels
Welcome pack of basic provisions.
Use of washing machine.
Maps and guides.
Assistance with car hire and with cycle hire.
We ask for 25% deposit to confirm booking, balance one month before arrival.
We also request a 40 euro cleaning charge.
Cancellation: deposit non-refundable.
For an additional charge: Collection and delivery to airport, Packed lunches, Dinner (by prior arrangement) Purchasing of food from a shopping list prior to your arrival
Changeover day is usually Saturday.
Notes on prices:
Accommodation may also be available for shorter periods, and on a bed and breakfast basis - please contact for further information and availability.
We are happy to quote for weekend and short stay breaks if dates are available.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“More by luck than judgement, the property we chose is not only in a beautiful and peaceful location, but is also not too remote. We can walk to the village so don't have to use a car everyday. In addition, when we feel like travelling further afield, a drive to the Mediterranean coast is "do-able" in a day (although we tend to stay overnight). The Atlantic coast, is a little further away, but not impossible. We can also be in the centre of Barcelona in about 4 hours.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure, Ensuite shower and wash hand basin.
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Also hand wash basin, heated towel rail, hair dryer, stool
- Bathroom with bath/shower, wash hand basin and WC. Main bedroom ensuite shower and wash hand basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space, as well as en-suite shower and wash hand basin. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, bedside table and lamps, chest of drawers and hanging space.
- Bicycles ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- 1 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: NEW FOR 2014 - SAUNA Clients are welcome to use the sauna, by arrangement and for a nominal fee of 15 euro a session. Outside: The Gite, attached to our house, has a large, maintained garden at the front. There is a swimming pool, which you are welcome you use by arrangement with ourselves; we use it but are happy for guests to do so too. At the rear of the property there is a grassed area surrounded by woodlands. There are private foothpaths direct from our property and we will be pleased to explain the routes. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are included. Towels for pool and sauna use also available. Washing machine is housed in room adjacent to Gite, freely available. Other: The main (front) door opens out to a garden and views across the valley and down to the garden. Another external door leads from the kitchen to a covered patio area, and balustraded, timber deck for outdoor dining at the side of the house.