House in Fowey, Cornwall, England - Peaceful Location 5 Minutes Walk To Fore Street And Water Access, 10 Minutes Walk To The Beach
Our house is a newly refurbished 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom detached property, sleeping 6, just a short walk from the waters edge and the main Fore Street with all the shops, pubs and restaurants available to you. The house has its own parking and large garden and we have added a little extra to the things we have purchased, so we offer VI Spring King bed in the master bedroom, Weber Gas BBQ, Smart TV, WIFI throughout, Miele appliances etc, in the hope that it will add to your comfort. Everything is new this year including 2 new bathrooms and a separate office. The 3rd bedroom downstairs sleeps up to 4, with a bunk bed, single bed and trundle underneath, which is ideal for children and families travelling together. And finally the views!, we are lucky to have a property that offers great views down to the estuary and to the sea. NO. 8. Vicarage Meadow, sits a few streets away from the main hustle and bustle - a great option for those who want the immediate access of everything Fowey has to offer, but the luxury of space, outdoor facilities and parking.
Top Traveller Review
Great property with fantastic views
About the Owner
My husband and I live in Wiltshire and close to Bath. We wanted a holiday home that would satisfy the interests of all our god-children, friends and family, but also our special boy, Tex, an English Springer Spaniel who loves the water, the beach and big walks. We hope you love our holiday home as much as we do!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Your beds are so comfortable" - Kate E.
"Fowey literally has everything, doesn't it" - Georgina P.
"What a fabulous house, such a well organised kitchen" - Janet LS
"Thank you for an amazing stay, the personal touch with the treats for Frank was very well received - he loved the walks! Your house is beautifully decorated and very comfortable - we will be back!" - Mark LS
1 holidaymaker review
Great property with fantastic views
We had a fantastic holiday in Fowey and were lucky enough to stay during Regatta week.The house was ideal for us and was extremely well equipped. The large garden was perfect for barbecues and had lots of space for the kids to play. The bed in the master bedroom is amazingly comfortable and all the rooms are a good size. The town centre is only a 10 minute walk so the location was great. The view from the living room is a real bonus. We got a perfect view of the Regatta's closing fireworks display from the sofa! The owners (Claire and Kevin) were very communicative and always happy to answers any queries we had. I would definitely recommend this house and I would stay here again. Fowey is also a great base for visiting places like Newquay , Padstow and Truro as they are all under an hour away.
Activity and Interests
No.8. is 5 minutes walk to several slip accesses to the water; the house is also the same distance from Fore Street in the centre of town and around 10/15 minutes walk to the beach and Readymoney Cove.
Newquay Airport (30 miles from Fowey) is the nearest airport.
For flights to and from Gatwick, Stanstead and others.
Exeter International Airport (85 miles from Fowey).
Flights to and from major European destinations.
First Great Western, Crosscountry & Wessex Trains operate in much of the country, with express services to Paddington, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
Fowey Town Bus
The bus offers a "you say where" service daily leaving every 15 min from the church.
Fowey offers a complete range of leisure, shopping and eating-out choices to suit every age, style and interest.
You can hire Kayaks in the centre of town, throw on a lifejacket and be in the water within 5 minutes. The children can purchase a crabbing line, ask Mr. Kittow (the excellent butcher and local deli) for some scraps and get out on one of the quays catching crabs within minutes (our God-Children caught 22 in 30 minutes this summer).
If you want to swim it is best to do it at Readymoney Cove where a floating pontoon is anchored from Easter to Autumn and the beach provides a sheltered and picturesque environment to make sand castles and relax.
There are numerous shops with anything from great clothing, to antiques, homewares, art galleries and craft shops as well as an abundance of pubs, restaurants and cafes.
There are two banks in town but only one with an ATM, so be sure in the summer on a busy Saturday to be ready for a little queue or don't forget the post office behind NO. 8, you can take out cash there at no cost.
Fowey is a very active town and literary centre and as you would expect is a vibrant sailing and water sports location.
With all that said one of the reasons we purchased our holiday home in Fowey, was due to the access to an immense network of walks. From No.8 you can walk on The Saint's Way to Golant and on, take the ferry to Boddinick and walk the Hall Walk to Polruan; meet the coastal path to Polkerris - a great summers walk with a welcome pub and cool restaurant on the beach to welcome you.
Polkerris: this is a small but vibrant beach offering a Pub (the Rashleigh Arms) and cool restaurant ("Sam's on the Beach") as well as shop, art gallery and ice cream stop. It's a great beach also offering a large Watersport Centre teaching sailing, windsurfing and kayaking in a protected and safe environment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 26 Nov 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
We will send a booking form to you for completion and request a 50% deposit to secure your booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
6 Weeks prior to your arrival date, the balance of your booking fee is payable with a £250 damages deposit.
The deposit is returned 7 days after your departure date, once the property has been checked and cleaned.
Friday is our normal changeover day, but for low season, 3 day and 5 day bookings we are able to be flexible, at our discretion.
Notes on prices:
Dog Charges apply: £50 per week per dog (dogs at our discretion)
Prices based on a maximum of 4 adults in one booking - additional pricing for more adults may apply.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Local shop and post office a few steps away. Safe Harbour, our local pub 3 minutes walk and the main Fore Street a few more steps away.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 2 bathrooms: Upstairs Bath with Shower over, all white suite; Downstairs Bathroom next to Bedroom 3 with Spacious Shower and all white suite with large feature towel rail. Both Bathrooms newly refurbished 2015.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1: Master with VI Spring King Bed, views of Estuary, Sea + over to Polruan; Bed 2: Double Bed (king duvet); Bed 3: Bunk Beds, Single Bed and Under Trundle. Quality bedding from White Company, John Lewis with 100% cotton products for all..natural tones
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: We have suggested this is suitable for the elderly as our elderly family have stayed using the downstairs bedroom and using the single bed and trundle to zip into a double bed. There are however some steps to the front garden and then a gentle slope to the front door. Outside: Weber Gas BBQ, Picnic bench at the top of the garden to maximise the views and table, chairs and umbrella nearer the house, still with views of the estuary. Our garden gets the sun all day and particularly from lunchtime into until the late evening. Currently the rear garden has some modular and hectic paving and stone steps immediately outside of the house - this is being replaced in February 2015 with new decking and the garden will also from this point be secured with new fencing. At the back of the garden is a gate and access to a small private lane giving you a very quick route to a local store and post office. Utility Room: Utility Larder containing Miele Washing Machine and shelving for foods and incidentals. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen is included, the property is cleaned for your arrival and on your departure and cleaning costs are included. A deposit for damage is required. Should you be staying more than 1 week, we can offer a clean during your stay at an extra cost. Other: Office/Bedroom 4 (can request folding bed on request) could then sleep 10 (with 2 children in this room or 1 adult). Desk, Chair and views of town and estuary. Dining room with patio doors to garden.