Apartment in Kas, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Peaceful location, yet less than a kilometer from Kas town, harbour and beaches.
Ocean Residence is situated above Kas town in the peaceful, green belt, but is just 15-17 minutes walk from the lively, atmospheric centre, the harbour and Big Pebble beach. It offers breath taking views and amazing sunsets. This ground-floor apartment is beautifully furnished; a mix of the traditional and the contemporary, with high ceilings and a stone exterior. It really is rather special. The living space is bright and roomy with a modern kitchen and dining area and an elegantly comfortable sitting area. Some of the furniture has been made to order. Two of the three sets of French doors lead onto the patio and the swimming pool. There are two good sized double bedrooms, each with French doors and balconies. The apartment has air-conditioning in the living area and in each bedroom. There is Internet access throughout. The apartment is not overlooked.
Top Traveller Review
Visit to Kas
About the Owner
My permanent home is in Norfolk, England. I am a teacher of French and German and am trying to learn Turkish.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Visit to Kas
This was my first trip to Turkey and my immediate impression of the apartment was the stunning view from the terrace. The apartment was clean, comfortable and well-appointed. When we visited we had the pool to ourselves, which was lovely. Kas is a an unspoilt, pretty town, great choice of traditional restaurants and lots of authentic shops to wander round. We really enjoyed the day-trip to the Greek island of Meis and hopefully can explore more on our next visit, which we currently planning! The agent was always available and helpful, which is always reassuring.
The flat was well laid out and spacious (there were 4 of us staying), and simply but very tastefully furnished. Everything you need is provided and the agent in Kas is very obliging – in fact nothing was too much trouble. The view was stunning and the owner arranged yoga on the terrace by the pool four mornings with a local yoga teacher.
I walked down to the sea at Big Pebble Beach most days which is a super spot, and also into Kas, a “ real” town, which also welcomes and caters for tourists with plenty of amenities. The trip on the ferry to Meis for the day is a must too.
I would not hesitate to thoroughly recommend this accommodation for a really great holiday.
From the Owner
“I first came to Kas in 1987 and fell in love with the place. I have been coming here on holiday for many years, always wishing I could stay longer. The town is lively and a bit bohemian. The views, the light, the cuisine are all wonderful and the people are very hospitable. My dream has come true now that we own our own apartment in Kas!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Yoga is available from a qualified and mindful practitioner.
Big Pebble beach is 15-20 minutes walk or 5 minutes by car. It is a very pretty cove with a handful of authentic restaurants and free sunbeds
Kaputas beach, reputedly the best beach in Turkey, is 40 minutes by car.
Nuri beach (Limanagi) is a ten minute boat ride from Kas harbour or a 40 minute walk along part of the Lycian way.
Many hotels in Kas have swimming platforms with sunbeds if you feel like a change from the beach.They are free to use if you purchase a drink.
Dalaman airport is 2 hours by car.
Antalya airport is 3.0 hours by car.
Transfers can be arranged with a reliable, local taxi company at a reasonable price. This family owned company also offer car hire.
Car hire is not essential in Kas as the local buses and taxis cost little. However, some tourists prefer the convenience of a car.
Kas town: 0.8km.
Bus stop: 450m.
Greek island of Katelorizo: 20 minutes by boat.
Kaputas beach: 30 minutes by car/bus.
Patara beach: 40 minutes by car/bus.
Kas has many small, boutique shops selling leather goods, jewellery, Turkish carpets and Ottoman effects. Its narrow, cobbled streets are full of restaurants offering authentic Turkish cuisine and international dishes.
There are numerous supermarkets and banks as well as a good, local market on Fridays.
It offers a variety of activities including trekking, mountain biking ,snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking and paragliding.
Boat trips are available, as is boat hire.
Organised trips to Kekova and The Sunken City and the Gorge can be booked at the tourist offices.
Massage and Turkish Hammam are available in Kas and at the new Marina.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
26 Sep 2016 - 26 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
27 Nov 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% deposit at time of booking, within 10 days.
Balance due 8 weeks before arrival.
Changeover day preferably Saturday, but flexible depending on bookings.
Minimum one week rental.
Depart by 11.00am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our apartment is idyllically situated in a quiet, green area above Kas. We really enjoy the pool, the sunsets and the ocean views. It is only a 15 minute walk (quite steep at the start) down to Kas with its up-market cosmopolitan atmosphere, its boutique shops, bars and tea gardens. It is not packaged tourism. Kas is lively but retains its authenticity as a small working town.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom has a walk-in shower, a toilet, good storage, full mirror and shaving point.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed, built in wardrobes, bookcase, 2 sets of French doors to one good sized balcony and one Juliette balcony. Bedroom 2: twin beds, built in wardrobes, desk and chair, French doors to Juliette balcony. Air-conditioning in both bedrooms
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Veranda ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: This is a non-smoking apartment. Outside: There is a small patio with a wooden garden table and chairs for alfresco dining and enjoying the sunsets. The pool terrace is large with 4 sunbeds and movable parasols. The pool is approximately 5m x 10m. It is not heated. It can be lit at night. It is shared between six apartments but is currently for sole use by our apartment. There is a small, narrow garden running alongside the apartment and around the back. Bougainvillea, olive and lemon trees have been planted. The apartment is not overlooked. The property has a lockable iron gate and parking There are electric shutters on each set of French doors. Utility Room: The boiler and washing machine ( Bosch) are housed in a built-in storage area in the hallway. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and bath towels are provided and included in the cost. Please do not use these towels for the pool or beach. Please bring your own beach towels. End of rental cleaning is £35 and is NOT included in the price. Mid-stay cleaning can be arranged. Other: There is a hallway and a corridor leading to the bedrooms and bathroom.