Cottage in East Portlemouth, South Devon, England - Beautiful position overlooking the river to Salcombe, South Devon. 5 minutes walk to the water!
Godolphin offers a wonderful light and airy space with the main room an open plan living space alongside a beautiful and well equipped kitchen and dining area. Full length windows at the back open up to allow you to enjoy the peaceful valley running down to the water, whilst a glass enclosed staircase adds a further dimension to the view!
The house has 5 bedrooms - 2 double rooms and two twin rooms on the first floor where there is also a bathroom and separate shower & loo. On the ground floor there is another bedroom which can be either a double or twin room and has an ensuite shower room.
In the basement there is a fun TV viewing den as well as utility items such as a freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer etc.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
Activity and Interests
Godolphin Cottage is 5 minutes walk from the beaches opposite Salcombe, with the beautiful Mill Bay a short 15 minutes walk. It is also only a short half an hour walk to the sea facing beach of Seacombe beneath Gara Rock.
Exeter airport is an hour and a quarter away, Totness train station is 45 minutes away. Having a car is essential to get to Godolphin.
Kingsbridge is the closest town by car, whilst Salcombe is a 5 minute ferry trip away.
The Piglet Stores for milk and papers is 4 miles away whilst the main supermarkets are in Kingsbridge. There are plenty of shops in Salcombe via the small ferry.
If you want to eat out The Pigs Nose in East Prawle is 4 miles away, the Venus Cafe at the bottom of the village steps is open in the day in the main holiday periods and the glorious Gara Rock Restaurant is 2 miles away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Jun 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
To secure a booking at Godolphin Cottage we ask for 25% of the full booking fee with the balance then due a month before arrival. We hold a £300 security deposit over the duration of your stay.
Our changeover days are normally Fridays in peak season but this can vary at other times of the year.
Notes on prices:
Please note bookings are normally Friday to Friday in peak season but are flexible at other times of the year.
Weekly rates vary from £1,000 in low season, £1,650 mid season to £2,250 in high season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Godolphin has a bathroom with a shower over a bath and a separate shower and WC upstairs. There is a further shower and WC on the ground floor
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: 10 in 5 bedrooms Notes on bedrooms: Godolphin Cottage has 4 bedrooms upstairs - two double rooms and two twin rooms. On the ground floor there is a fifth bedroom with zip and link beds so this room can be either a double or a twin room.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 10
- children welcome
- Outside: Godolphin has a pretty garden at the rear of the cottage with garden chairs and a BBQ. Utility Room: The utility area in the basement has a freezer, washing machine and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Crisp white linen and towels are provided with everything made up for your arrival. Cleaning and bedroom changes can be organised during your stay if required. Other: The basement has a fun TV viewing den with bean bags and wall mounted TV.