Cottage in Ragusa, Sicily, Italy - Surrounded By The Lush Vegetation Of The Park, You Are Close To Eveything But Far From The Crowds
The Yellow House It has a living room with sofa bed, kitchen, bathroom and bedroom loft.
For those who want to be more comfortable, with a surcharge you can have the green room
Located 2.3 miles from the historic centre of Modica (Corso Umberto), our country house is ideal from a peaceful staying just few minutes from the busy town of Modica. Very well connected to all the main destinations of the southern coast of Sicily, 12.5 miles from the fascinating city of Ragusa; 7.5 miles from the Baroque town of Scicli; 12 miles from the beautiful sandy beaches of Donnalucata and Marina di Ragusa; 20 miles from the extreme south east of the island with the villages of Marzamemi and Portopalo di Capo Passero island.
Top Traveller Review
We could not believe our luck!
About the Owner
About Venera Bruno Statella
Dear guest, I would like to welcome you very soon in our property set in Modica, Very close to everything ( all you need is out there at a walking distance). in 4 km you will reach the lovely town down of Modica, our baroque pearl of Ragusa province. We will be there for you during your staying to let you experience an unforgetable staying in Sicily. Please do not hesitate to aslk for any further information, I will be happy to give advice about how to arrange your transfer, staying, exc. Write soon, I'm there for you. Thank you.
Venera Bruno Statella purchased this cottage in 2000
What makes this cottage unique
Close to everything, this property is far from the crowds. The town centre is 5 minutes far ( 4 km), and it is located at an ideal position to reach every destinations in the South of the island such as the beach ( 20 km); Siracuse and Ragusa, the baroque towns of Scicli and Noto.
(2 traveller reviews)
We could not believe our luck!
What a fantastic place! As there was just the two of us we only needed one part of the accommodation which had a bedroom on the mezzanine. The accommodation was furnished with care and attention to detail. The hosts were extremely welcoming and helpful. The vast, private, enclosed gardens were superb and the huge pool will take your breath away! Buying provisions a 5 minute walk. Modica centre (which gets better with each visit and it's not just the chocolate!) a five minute drive. Very easy to reach Ragusa (restaurant A'rusticana visited twice), Noto and Montalbano haunts.
An enchanting stay
The accommodation is in two parts of the converted stable block of an enchanting 1890s villa. My mother and I were the first paying guests and would thoroughly recommend it - beautifully converted, very stylish, spotlessly clean and well-equipped. Hidden away on the outskirts of Modica and with beautiful grounds, which you are welcome to use, you are in a very special place. The pool was not open when we went but will be stunning. We did have a few teething problems, but these were quickly dealt with - the owner's daughter speaks reasonable English. Just to clarify a few things - you share the courtyard with the family, although you have your own table and chairs; the second bedroom and bathroom is not adjacent to the other part - a family member lives in between. The main bedroom is on a mezzanine level.
The villa is perfectly situated if you want to explore the Montalbano region (Ragusa, Scicli , Modica and the coast) but you will need to use your car to go out to restaurants in the evening. There is a very handy cafe a minute away for breakfast but it only sells coffee and sweet things. A stylish second cafe is nearby but is better for snacks and drinks rather than a full meal.
The owner was expecting euros when we arrived (and there is a tourist tax to pay) so do clarify that beforehand.
Activity and Interests
the closest beaches are in 20 km Marina di Modica or Marina di Ragusa; 12 km from the baroque town of Scicli; Ragusa is 20 km far; In one hour driving you can visit Siracusa; and in 35 km you will be in the southern east of the island Marzamemi and Portopalo di Capo Passero. The best of the island is all around you.
Comiso Airport is 40 km far; Catania Airport is 120 km far (1 and a half hour driving);
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bank transfer, cash welcome as well. 50% deposit upon booking. Balance due two weeks before arrival day.
Flexible. Please check the availibility on the calendar.
From the Owner
“Close to everything, this property is far from the crowds. The town centre is 5 minutes far ( 4 km), and it is located at an ideal position to reach every destinations in the South of the island such as the beach ( 20 km); Siracuse and Ragusa, the baroque towns of Scicli and Noto.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- bird watching
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom at the ground floor of the country house of the main building; second bathroom en-suite the second independent bedroom located in the building next to the main house.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: At the upper floor of the house there’s a master king size bedroom which is very romantic with its wood roof. The second kingsize bedroom has its independent entrance and private bath in the building next to the main house.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 4
- smoking allowed
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: Surrounded by the lush vegetation of our private park and a peaceful atmosphere, our country house is cosy and very comfortable. During its renovation, we paid attention to every detail in order to offer our guests the best holiday experience in Sicily. Once you enter the private park of our villa, just behind the main building where our home is, there’s a court which reminds that you are in a historical noble mansion. The country house is totally independent, with its own entrance. Outside: A private terrace where you can enjoy our beautiful Sicilian sunshine, reading a book or sipping a cup of tea. Outdoor furniture are there for your convenience. You are free to enjoy at anytime the outdoor pool and patio which are located few steps from your country house. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linens and towels are provided during your stay once. Any additional change will be charged 5 euros per person.