Villa in Kas, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - A Short, 10 Minute Walk Down To Kas Harbour, Buzzing Bars, Restaurants And Funky Shops
Villa Isinda is a stand-out building; classically proportioned, featuring a striking portico with double height pillars. This is harmonised with Ottoman-style solid timber shuttered windows, understated wrought ironwork and liberal provision of covered terraces and balconies. Warm red Turkish roof tiles add a welcoming feel to an imposing house. The villa is detached and surrounded by private terraces and garden. It affords superb sea-views and has its own private infinity pool and childrens' splash pool. Internally, Villa Isinda has been fitted and finished with premium-quality traditional materials. There is extensive use of Turkish marble, granite and travertine, and solid wood has been used for all internal carpentry. The ironwork was produced at local forges. The best local craftsmen were employed to achieve the finishes and decorative detailing required by the owners and their architects. Much of the furniture has been custom-made, and the fresh white interior provides a backdrop to eye-catching original artworks and locally acquired Turkish antiques. A skilful combination of contemporary, classical and traditional styling provoke a sense of understated luxury and relaxation.
About the Owner
Steve & Sue McGowan first started visiting this area of Turkey 20 years ago, and 10 years ago bought a plot of land in Kas and employed a Turkish architect to help us design and build a house. Villa Isinda is the result, and we take a break from our working lives in London several times a year to spend a blissful 2 or 3 weeks in Kas. We let the villa commercially for the season between April and November.
Guestbook comments from the owner
“We had a marvellous time at Villa Isinda. The house is spacious and beautifully decorated and appointed. The pool area is marvellous, and the views are really spectacular. We spent a lot of time just soaking up the beautiful ambience of the villa and looking at the wonderful view ... We love the house, and would definitely love to return.”
"Just want to thank you for once again a lovely holiday in your beautiful and fantastic house in Kas.
We really love to come there, and all the children were looking forward the whole spring, and already now start asking for "Next time in Kas"...
From the Owner
“Kas is just far enough from the airports to deter the package hordes, and there are no large hotels which limits tour operator interest. In season the area is visited by a lot of prosperous holiday-making Turks with foreign visitors in the minority - mainly discerning independent travellers seeking a taste of genuine Turkish Mediterranean lifestyle and culture without the excesses and clamour associated with mass tourism.”
Activity and Interests
There are a couple of pebble beaches in Kas; both public. The smaller is about ten minutes walk from Villa Isinda, the larger about twenty.
Most sea bathing in Kas is from platforms built on the rocky shore with steps for easy access to the water. These are operated by hotels, who provide sun loungers and umbrellas if you buy a drink.
The small sandy beach at Kaputas is fifteen minutes drive. Twenty minutes further is the 14km long sandy Patara beach.
Dalaman airport is 2 hours by transfer/car/taxi. Antalya is 2 hour 45 minutes.
Airport transfer can be arranged by villa owners at competitive rates and is recommended to provide ease of location and access to the villa.
Car hire is not essential, as the main town is about 800m walkable and there is a regular local Dolmus bus. Guests who want to make independent trips to local attractions may prefer to hire a car.
Meis (ferry) 6km
Kas is a pretty fishing and market town steeped in ancient history and oozing contemporary Turkish ambience. The airport transfer times are just far enough to deter the package hordes.
Kas has it all: history, natural beauty, eating, nightlife, shopping, local colour, and plenty of adventure and outdoor pursuits.
You can shop for silver jewellery, ceramics, spices and Turkish curios in narrow streets and secret squares bedecked with bougainvillea. The town is mentioned in Homer, Strabo, Herodotus and Pliny, and was known in antiquity as Antiphellos. Ancient remains are haphazardly strewn in the olive groves and embedded in the present-day streets and market place.
A well-preserved Greek amphitheatre, uniquely sea-facing, is still used by the local populace for cultural events. On the main shopping street local salesmen lounge in the niches of the ancient Lycian Lion tomb, gesturing passers-by to view their carpets, antiques and jewellery.
You can submerge yourself in the crystal-blue underwater with barracuda, turtles, and grouper, as you experience the best scuba diving in the Med; or survey the harbour, town and ocean below as you paraglide down from the mountains 2000m above.
When evening falls, sample the local restaurants for fresh authentic Turkish cuisine bursting with flavour. Later, sway to the rhythm of the jasmine-scented Kas night in a funky little dance-bar.
If you want to eat in at the villa there are plenty of supermarkets, fishmongers, greengrocers and a farmers' market to select the very best fresh ingredients.
There is a plethora of banks, cashpoints and a local post office in Kas, and there ia a multitude of agencies and operators willing to exchange your cash for a range of local outings and adventure pursuits.
For a supremely relaxing and stimulating holiday in a restorative climate, Kas is hard to beat. And when you experience the friendliness and hospitality of the local Turks, you will wonder why you didn't come sooner!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 25% is required to secure dates, and balances are payable 10 weeks prior to occupation.
Please contact owner
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It is an easy 12 minute walk down the hill from the villa to the harbour. Kas really buzzes at night, and there are loads of good restaurants, shops and bars. Walking back is harder work, as it is steep, but there is a regular local dolmus and plenty of cheap taxis. The villa is close enough to Kas to feel connected, but far enough not to be disturbed by the nightlife noises. Not many local properties are as spacious, both inside and out. There is no need for guests to sleep in living rooms, as all the bed spaces are located in seperate bedrooms.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- city centre
- near the sea
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite marble bathroom to Master, 8m2 with double shower, jacuzzi bath Ground Floor bathroom 5m2 fully tiled, shower, wc, handbasin First floor bathroom 5m2 fully tiled, shower, wc, handbasin Attic bathroom 8m2 fully tiled, bath, shower, wc, handbasin
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master 16m2 (king) sea-facing balcony, dressing room, ensuite marble bathroom double shower, jacuzzi bath 2 doubles (king) 11.5m2, fitted wardrobes sea-facing balcony Twin 11.5m2 fitted wardrobes Triple 12.5m2, (1 double, 1 single) fitted wardrobes
- Outside: Ground level exterior consists of: •32m2 "infinity" pool and childrens' splash pool •south-facing pool/sun terrace 60m2 with outstanding views of sea, forested hillside, Greek islands and Kas peninsula •hardwood sun-loungers and large moveable sun umbrellas •pergola-shaded "Ottoman" corner with low divans, kilims and cushions •pool area bar with high stools •breakfast/dining covered terrace 20m2 with hardwood outdoor furniture, sea and islands outlook and spectacular sunset views •covered side terrace and portico 25m2 with both sea and mountain views •garden planted with palms, screening evergreens, citrus, tropical fruit trees, and Mediterranean flowering shrubs •terraces travertine-paved and on single level •extensive outside lighting including underwater pool lighting •private parking area •secure garage under pool terrace Utility Room: Washing machine, vacuum, cleaning equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Weekly cleaning included. Bedlinen/towels changed weekly (beach towels not provided). Other: Double-height marble-floored entrance hall and staircase with original artworks and feature chandelier. Separate attic TV/games lounge 20m2, flat-screen tv, dvd. Roof terrace 8m2, outstanding panoramic views of sea, town, harbour, mountains