Cottage in Upottery, Honiton, South Devon, England - Peaceful Location, 1 & A Half Miles To Local Pub & Village Shop, 7 Miles From Honiton. Rural View
A delightful rural stone built cottage set in the stunning area of outstanding natural beauty in the Blackdown Hills. With its quarter of an acre of garden consisting of two large lawns and 3 patios; garden furniture is available so guests may enjoy the sheltered sun trap on the front patio. It is an ideal location for those who like walking in the countryside, as well easy car access to the jurasic coastal resorts of Lyme Regis (25 minutes), Charmouth (30 minutes), as well as Seaton, Sidmouth (25 minutes) with Beer and Branscombe a little further away. Accommodation would suit families or a small group, who enjoy walking, visiting the seaside, fossil hunting, riding on heritage trains / trams, bird watching and visiting Exmoor, all within about 45 minutes car drive. There 2 National Trust properties as well as farm parks all within a 50 minute drive. Parking at the property for at least three cars on the freshly tarmaced drive.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Don and Sandy Hewit, retired teachers, bought this property to enjoy many family holidays with their two primary aged daughters and friends. Grown up daughters with their friends still enjoy occasional holidays they are when not abroad.
1 holidaymaker review
An ideal property for a comfortable holiday in a quiet location. Plenty of space and everything is provided and well presented. Six of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can really recommend this property. Places to visit and good places in which to eat.
From the Owner
“The property enjoys the peace and beauty of the countryside, whilst having easy access to coastal resorts and local villages and towns. Devon and nearby Somerset have been counties which Don and Sandy enjoyed many holidays when younger. With 4 bedrooms and six beds, this property provides excellent value for money in its location.”
Activity and Interests
Driving times by car to:-
Lyme Regis 25 minutes (Sandy & pebbly beach - fossil hunting tours)
Charmouth 30 minutes (Sandy & pebbly beach - fossil hunting tours)
Seaton 25 minutes, but can also be accessed by tramway at Colyton (15 minutes drive)
Beer 30 minutes (Pebble beach with boat trips available)
Branscombe 40 minutes (Pebble beach with some sand - nice walks))
Sidmouth 45 minutes (Pebble beach)
Exmouth 1 hour (Sandy beach but no swimming)
Colyton 15 minutes (Tramway with bird watching)
Use of a car is essential. 1 bus per week to Taunton and back.
Exeter airport approximately 19 miles.
Weymouth approximately 49 miles (Ferry port).
Nearest town Honiton approximately 7 miles for shopping & banks
Major town Taunton approximately 11 miles for shopping & banks
Distances to nearest villages:-
Churchinford 1.5 miles for Community shop, coffee shop and pub (Meals)
Upottery 1.5 miles for pub (Meals - welcome children)
Market town of Honiton approximately 7 miles for lace making museum & markets on Tuesday & Saturday.
Bishops Lydiard 16 miles for heritage railway to Minehead
Museum of wartime airfield 1 mile.
Lorry driving experience 0.5 miles
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Enquiries can be by email or preferably by phone.
Bookings can initially be made by phone and confirmed by a non returnable 20% deposit and a completed signed booking form. Details of cottage's location, route to get there and keys are sent when final payment is received by BACS or cheque if at least 3 weeks in advance of holiday. Balances are due 14 days before the holiday, but last minute bookings will be considered. Longer breaks of up to 4 weeks may also be possible.
Arrival time after 4.00 p.m. and departure by 10.00 a.m. on changeover days please. Generally changeover day is Friday or Saturday, but this can be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Some discounts may be on offer, so please enquire when you book.
Rental price does not include bed linen or towels. Bed linen can be provided at £10.00 per person per week and must be booked with the final confirmation.
A £200.00 booking deposit is required at the time of initial Booking. This becomes a security deposit following the final payment and will be returned provided all is found to be in good order (no damage / breakages) within a fortnight of the visit.
A £200.00 booking deposit is required at the time of initial Booking. This becomes a security deposit following the final payment and will be returned provided all is found to be in good order (no damage / breakages) within a fortnight of the visit. Other details under additional information.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath, hand held shower for hair washing, WC, basin & shaver point. Main bathroom off landing with bath, WC & basin. Downstairs WC with basin near front door and garden.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Has balcony with country view and an ensuite bathroom
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with twin beds, dressing table, large wardrobe, door out to balcony with rural view. Has an ensuite bathroom with bath, basin & WC. Bedrooms 2 & 3 each with a single bed. Bedroom 4 with twin beds & wardrobe. Main bathroom with bath, basin & WC.
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Oil fired central heating, electricity and hot water are all included in the rental price. 1 bucket of coal is provided for each booking for the open fire. There are two additional electric heaters in the property. Bed linen consisting of sheet, pillowcase and duvet cover for each of the single beds can be provided at a cost of £10.00 per person per week or part week. Guests are asked to bring their own towels. Outside: Off road parking for 2 cars on driveway. There are 3 patios & garden furniture includes 2 tables (1 large & 1 small), a garden bench, 5 chairs for the table & 2 other folding chairs. A sun umbrella is provided with a stand. There are two lawns, which are ideal for children to let off steam, with small flower borders, and flower pots on the patios. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen & towels are not provided unless ordered for an extra charge per person per week. The cottage is cleaned before & after each visit and it is expected that visitors will maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness whilst they are in residence. Other: Study. This room has a desk with chair, payphone, internet, two arm chairs, bookcase containing novels, factual observational type books as well as some children's books. All the rooms have windows facing the south east overlooking the garden.