House in Rockfield, Monmouth, Monmouthshire, Wales - Rural Location Situated A Mile From The Market Town Of Monmouth Surrounded By Meadows
The Coach House is perfect for large family get togethers, college or school re-union parties. Although it doesn't have its own enclosed garden, the property is surrounded on 3 sides with large lawned areas and a private, west facing patio. Situated onsite of the world famous Rockfield Recording Studios, it is surrounded by meadows and farmland with views across the fields towards Monmouth to the east. The accommodation is on the ground floor with only 3 steps up between the sitting room and dining area, ramps are available for these steps should they be required for wheelchair users. Access is very good with parking for up to 10 cars to the front of the building. Monmouth is just over a mile away, a 20 minute walk or 5 minute car journey.
Top Traveller Review
Great accommodation for a brilliant weekend
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had the most amazing weekend and everybody was delighted with my choice of property which proved ideal for everyone" - Mrs J, April 2014
"What a great venue for 16 hens to enjoy a weekend of rest and relaxation" - Miss L, August 2014
2 holidaymaker reviews
Great accommodation for a brilliant weekend
What a brilliant place to stay for a weekend away with friends and family. Really well equipped kitchen and ensuite bathrooms in all the rooms. Perfect! If you're a music fan you may be able to take a guided tour of the world renowned Rockfield Studios. What a place with such great history. We would definitely recommend a stay her with friends, family or both!
Activity and Interests
Cardiff and Bristol airports are both an hours drive away with Birmingham International an hour and a half. Newport (Gwent) train station is 20 miles away and has twice hourly services to London Paddington (1 hour 40 mins train journey time). Monmouth is just over a mile away and there are buses from the town to Hereford, Newport and Cardiff. A car is required although we do have excellent local taxi companies.
Monmouth - 1 mile
Ross on Wye - 10 miles
Newport - 20 miles
Tintern Abbey - 8 miles along the beautiful Monmouth to Chepstow Wye Valley road. There are numerous castles within a 10 mile radius including Raglan Castle. The Forest of Dean is 6 miles from Monmouth and the Black Mountains at Abergavenny 15 miles away with Hay on Wye a further 10 miles via the Gospel Pass across the mountains. Bristol and Cardiff are our closest major cities, each approximately 30 miles drive with Bath 45 miles
We are surrounded by wonderful restaurants including the Michelin Star Walnut Tree and Crown at Whitebrook. There are vineyards, cider makers and micro-breweries all within easy distance as well as Abergavenny with its world renowned food festival just 15 miles away. Symonds Yat and the Wye Valley are on our doorstep as well as the beautiful Forest of Dean for walkers and mountain bike riders. Horse trekking is at Abergavenny and there are numerous canoe and kayak opportunities along the length of the River Wye. Monmouth is a lovely traditional market town with an interesting selection of small, local shops as well as supermarkets as diverse as Waitrose, Marks and Spencers Food Hall and Lidl. There is a wonderful cinema and theatre in town - The Savoy which always has plenty of interesting shows and films. Local artists abound with private galleries to visit.
- Booking Notes:
Email Lisa Ward with your booking enquiry at which point she will tell you the cost of your stay. A 20% non-returnable deposit is required to secure your dates with the balance payable within the month prior to your stay. We accept all credit cards except Amex or you are welcome to pay by bank transfer. All information will be given at the time of your enquiry
Arrival time is usually after 2.30 pm and departure by 11 am however this can be flexible and will be advised at the time of booking confirmation. There is a minimum 2 night stay at The Coach House.
Notes on prices:
Prices vary from between £420 per night to £600 per night depending on the time of year. Please contact Lisa for a quote for your required dates.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Each of the 6 ensuite bathrooms have a jacuzzi bath with power shower over the bath tub. The WCs are all separate to the bathrooms.
- 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 20 (7 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - ensuite double bedroom. Bedrooms 2 & 5 - ensuite twin rooms. Bedrooms 3 & 4 - ensuite family rooms each with a ks and single bed. Bedrooms 6 & 7 are a separate suite of a twin and double bedroom with separate sitting room with double sofabed
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The king size beds in bedrooms 1,3 & 4 are all zip linked and so can easily be changed to twins if required. Bedrooms 1 to 5 are all large enough to add an extra single bed or z-bed if needed. Outside: There are large lawned areas to the front and side of the Coach House as well as a private west facing patio which gets the sun from mid-day onwards. We have a couple of large charcoal barbecue's for guests' use and enough seating and tables for up to 20 people on the patio. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We provide all bedlinen and towels.