Villa in Cevoli, near Lari, Tuscany, Italy
Villa Ceuli has been tastefully restored, with great attention to convenience and comfort, yet still retaining its wonderful ambience, complete with its own chapel and swimming pool. It is situated on the edge of a charming village, with a small and welcoming community. Experience life away from the tourist turmoil, yet within easy reach of the best sites in Tuscany. It is an ideal holiday destination. The district, famous for its superb wines and olive oil, is a picturesque and genuinely Italian part of Tuscany. Our diverse range of excellent local restaurants allows you to experience the very best of Tuscan cuisine. This large apartment (220 sq.m over 2 floors) is part of the old granery, with its wonderful Italianate facade. Upstairs are 3 large bedrooms, each with their own bathroom. The ground floor is a huge space, divided by 2 brick arches, separating the beautifully appointed kitchen from the comfortable lounge area. A large stone fireplace completes the picture. These rooms open onto a small private garden for outdoor entertaining. Here you will find everything you need for a wonderful holiday.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful Villa Ceuli in Tuscany
About the Owner
We, Desley and Rick Everingham, have lived in this region for the past 15 years. I, Rick, have been a professional artist in Australia for 45 years. We first came to Italy in 1977, when we fell in love with the culture, the patina of life, and the people. Our real passion began in 1991, when we came to collect material for an exhibition of Italian paintings I held in Brisbane that year. That led to an exhibition in San Gimignano the next year, and visits each year since. I have been painting Italian subjects since then
1 holidaymaker review
Wonderful Villa Ceuli in Tuscany
Tastefully restored old granary! Three big bedrooms with own bathrooms. Wonderful viewes from the pool. The only thing we were missing was air-conditioning, because it was almost 40 degrees (Celsius) outside.
From the Owner
“We have lived in a house in nearby Soiana for 15 years, and have grown to love this region and its inhabitants. We first fell in love with the wonderful ambience of Villa Ceuli many years ago, and once it was being renovated we were able to buy this magnificent property. It truly has an incredible feeling to it. We love creating comfortable and conducive living spaces, and are happy to share this special place with others.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beaches are at Tirrenia, with an extensive range of beach facilities and restaurants, just 30 minutes drive west. Forte di Marmi, an exclusive beach location, with very good shopping, is 50 minutes away north. Castiglioncello, with it’s rocky coves is very charming, and just 60 minutes away to the south.
Cevoli is well positioned just 30 minutes from Pisa airport and 60 minutes from Florence. The nearest railway station (Pontedera) is 15 minutes by car. Trains run to Florence every 30 minutes, and take less than an hour.
While Cevoli is serviced by bus, a car is highly recommended.
Pisa - 30 minutes
Volterra - 30 minutes,
Lucca - 45 minutes
San Gimignano - 45 minutes
Florence - 60 minutes
Siena - 90 minutes
Arezzo - 90 minutes
The Cinque Terre - 90 minutes
Portofino - 2 hours
Abertone ski slopes - 2 hours
Ferries: Livorno - 30 minutes Piombino (ferry to Elba) - 1 hour
Casciana Terme - an elegant spa town with vast thermal swimming pool and water games. Morning coffee at the Spa is a treat. Also 3 very good restaurants, and gelato. Market day - Thursday morning.
Ponsacco - a larger town with all services - Market day - Wednesday morning.
Pontedera - the main shopping town with excellent shops - Market day - Friday morning.
San Gimignano - the jewel of the Tuscan hill towns - Market day - Thursday morning.
Lucca - a beautiful walled town - wonderful antique market - third weekend of the month.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 24 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Rental is on a weekly basis, preferably from Saturday to Saturday, but we are prepared to be flexible where possible, so feel free to enquire about alternative days. Arrivals are to be no earlier than 5pm, and departures no later than 10am.
Notes on prices:
Gas is included from May to September, but during the period October- April heating will be charged at cost.
Cancellation refunds: Cancellation up to 8 weeks before arrival date - no cancellation charges. From 4-8 weeks - 50% of rate refunded. From 2-4 weeks - 25% refund. Less than 2 weeks - No refund.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Villa Ceuli has been divided into 13 apartments, but it is not a tourist holiday complex. Most of the owners use their properties solely for their own personal holidays, so the villa is usually very quiet. It has a lovely peaceful ambience all the time, which is very relaxing.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- winery tours
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - first floor - shower, double basins, wc, bidet Bathroom 2 - first floor - bath, separate shower, basin, wc Bathroom 3 - first floor - shower, basin, wc, bidet Bathroom 4 - ground floor - wc, basin
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - first floor - king size double bed Bedroom 2 - first floor - queen size double bed Bedroom 3 - first floor - 2 king size single beds
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The granary is our Italian home and has been restored and equipped to a very high standard. It is light and airy and very comfortable. Villa Ceuli consists of 9 apartments, owned by a variety of interesting people as their Italian holiday homes. The villa courtyard is for communal use, but very few apartments are for holiday rental, so most of the time the whole complex feels like your own private villa. Definitely no smoking or pets. All the services, plumbing, electrics, heating, appliances, are new and very efficient. The walls are very thick and ceilings and windows are insulated, which make it cool in the summer. Full central heating also makes it a very comfortable place in winter. We provide instructions on how everything works, as well as guides to the local restaurants and places of interest, to help make your stay trouble free. Outside: Two large double doors open from the lounge and kitchen to a private courtyard garden. There is seating for 6 around a marble table for alfresco dining, with a large market umbrella and BBQ. Adjacent to the granaio is the large communal villa courtyard with large shady trees, beautiful views, and private chapel. The communal swimming pool is beautifully appointed to make the most of the view over the Tuscan hills. The private parking area is located on a lower level. The whole villa property is accessed by automatic gates for security. Utility Room: In small bathroom adjoining kitchen - washing machine, sink & ironing facilities, plus downstairs toilet. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning, towels and linen are included. Rooms are serviced weekly, when the towels and linen are also changed. Other: Being an old granary, all the rooms have beautiful high ceilings with ancient timber beams, held up by solid old brick arches. Together with the terracotta floors, this gives a wonderful feeling of space and grandeur.