House in West Down, Nr. Woolacombe, North Devon, England - Peaceful Location Away From The Bustle, Yet 10 Minute Drive To Award-winning Beach And Local Towns
An ideal family or dual family holiday property, situated in the top corner of a quiet culdesac in a traditional devon farming village with well-stocked shop and great pub serving good food. The property is mainly south facing, offering a lovely light and airy feel with views of the historic heart of the village and rolling devon countryside from the top floor. Generous and comfortable downstairs accommodation is perfect for family living and hanging out and comprises an open-plan, well equipped newly-refurbished kitchen/dining and sitting room area including large flat screen TV with SONOS sound bar, Xbox 360, games and DVD library and leather corner lazy-boy sofa to comfortably seat 7. Free WIFI is also available, as is Freeview TV and Netflix. Sliding doors from the kitchen/dining area access a lovely sun-trap conservatory with comfortable sofa and books/board games. Double doors lead directly onto a patio and good-size garden laid mainly to lawn, with large trampoline and climbing frame, patio with outdoor seating, BBQ, fire pit table, Chiminea and paved play area and play house. Upstairs there is a large master bedroom with wall-mounted flat screen TV and DVD player, queen size bed and en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 features a stylish high sleeper (best suited to an older child) and comfy reading sofa, bedroom 3 offers full size bunk beds and there's a fourth single bedroom with single bed and pull-out trundle, converting either into twin beds or a further double bed. Along the landing is a family bathroom. There is ample private forecourt parking for 2/3 vehicles. A gate opens from the garden onto a traffic-free public footpath, leading directly to a large playing field and beautiful countryside and village walks. The village shop is well-stocked with local produce and is less than 5 minutes away, as is the friendly village pub, which has a large garden and serves good food.
About the Owner
Church View is my family home for most of the year, where I live with my husband and two boys. We chose the small, friendly rural village of West Down, because it is close to fantastic beaches, but away from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas and is a lovely place to bring up children.
From the Owner
“We love living in West Down, because it is a lovely and quiet traditional Devon village, yet a 10 minute drive to the stunning world-famous sandy, surfing beaches of Woolacombe, or the facilities of Ilfracombe and Braunton. It is also only a 20 minute drive to the outstandingly beautiful Exmoor National Park or the pleasant market town of Barnstaple.”
Activity and Interests
5 miles/ten minute drive to the award-winning sand and surf life-guard patrolled beaches of Woolacombe. Other award-winning beaches including world-famous Croyde and the South West coast path are nearby
Use of a car is recommended, Exeter airport is approximately an hour and a half drive, Bristol airport is around two hours away
West Down is approx 5 miles (10 minutes in a car) from Woolacombe (great beaches, restaurants and shops), Ilfracombe (Damien Hirst's Verity, supermarkets, museums, theatre, beaches, shops and restaurants) and Braunton (England's largest village with great restaurants, shops, supermarkets, museum and the UNESCO World Heritage Braunton Burrows). Barnstaple is 12 miles and offers a good selection of shops, restaurants, a theatre and its famous Pannier market. Exmoor National Park is nearby
You will find yourself spoilt for choice when it comes to leisure activities. As well as the beach, with its surfing, kite boarding, rock pooling and bucket and spade potential, there's the south west coast path, the Tarka Trail for family bike-riding and Exmoor National Park all on the doorstep. North devon offers a good range of family theme parks, so there's entertainment whatever the weather
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07833 020424. A 50% deposit is taken at time of booking either by bank transfer or cheque with the balance payable one month prior to the start of the booking, with the exception of two week bookings where balance is payable two months prior. Once full payment has been received keysafe and full address details will be released.
Saturday is changeover day, with the property available from 4pm on arrival day. The property must be vacated by 10am on departure day.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Country walks are right on your doorstep and a world-class beach only 10 minutes away by car. The property has a light and airy open plan feel and is designed for family living and entertaining, with the main kitchen/dining area right at the heart of the home. There are lovely rural views from the bedroom windows and the property is situated at the top corner of a culdesac, so offers peace and tranquillity day and night. A gate opens from the garden onto a traffic-free public footpath, leading directly to a beautiful country walk and playing field where the kids can play.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, wc and washbasin. Family bathroom with bath/shower over, wc and washbasin. Downstairs wc and wash basin
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and ample clothes storage. Bedroom 2 with high sleeper, wardrobe and chest. Bedroom 3 with 2 full size bunk beds, wardrobe and chest. Bedroom 4 with single bed and pull out trundle to make twins or double, bedside table only
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Please note that no smoking or pets are allowed. Children are warmly welcomed and the accommodation is ideal for families. The high sleeper in bedroom 2 is not suitable for young children. Bedroom 4 is a small room, with only beds and a bedside table and reading lamp. There is ample clothes storage throughout the other bedrooms. Outside: Good size garden includes a lawn area with large trampoline (with safety net), climbing frame, climbing net and slide. There's also a patio area featuring an outdoor table and chairs to seat 7, sun shade, bench, BBQ, fire pit table and chiminea. A hard play area is great for scooters and skateboards and also features a play house. Utility Room: Washing machine, microwave, small under-counter freezer, additional sink and boot storage and boiler for gas central heating and on-demand hot water. Also a great collection of cookery books! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned for each changeover or weekly if guests book for a fortnight or longer. High quality linen and towels are included and are replenished for each changeover or weekly. A local property manager is available to deal with any queries Other: Bright and sunny Conservatory through sliding doors off kitchen and dining area, with sofa and coffee table and other seating, along with books and board games. Direct access through double doors onto patio and into garden