Apartment in Vilamoura, Central Algarve, Portugal - Quiet Location, Close To Golf Courses And Bowling Green. 20 Minutes Walk To Town Centre And Beach
A spacious 2 bedroom apartment about a mile from the centre of Vilamoura. On the second floor of a small group of 3 blocks of apartments which share a garden, pool and gated parking areas. Situated only 25 minutes drive from Faro airport the apartment is ideally located in the Central Algarve close to all the Vilamoura golf courses. The apartment is a short drive away from the Marina and the beaches and has restaurants, cafés and bars a short walk away. On the second floor of a small apartment block, the apartment has shuttered windows and veranda doors and is in an area kept secure with remotely operated metal gates. The apartment has a double bedroom with en suite bathroom, a twin bedroom, a shower / toilet, living room with dining area, kitchen and 2 balconies.
About the Owner
I am a retired civil engineer who started visiting Portugal some 30 years ago. My initial reason for going to the Algarve was the combination of good weather and the opportunity to play golf on top courses in the winter.
Now, I also enjoy the food, drink and walks along the numerous beautiful beaches. I have also tried my hand at the nearby lawn bowls club – and found it a pleasant way to meet people and relax on a sunny afternoon.
From the Owner
“The apartment is in a quiet area, about a mile from the Vilamoura Marina and beaches and right in the middle of the five Vilamoura golf courses. Although a short distance away from the town centre all the facilities I need are in the block opposite: 2 restaurants, 2 bars, a café and a small supermarket. The Tee Times golf booking office is in the same block. As well as golf, they are happy to book tours, bus trips and taxis for my friends and guests. I have become very friendly with the people who run the bars and restaurants opposite. As well providing food and drink they are happy to order taxis and let me (and all other customers) use their wifi facilities. I often stay here for a week without even making breakfast, their prices are so reasonable.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Vilamoura Lawn Bowls green can be seen from the balcony. The clubhouse is less than 5 minutes walk.
The famous Falesia beach is about 20 minutes walk (to its nearest point, it is miles long). A little tourist 'train' runs a circular route taking people to the Marina and Falesia beach. The beach has many cafés, shops and holiday activities in the summer.
Vilamoura Marina is about 15 minutes walk.
Vilamoura beach is also about 20 minutes walk. It is possible to walk along the beach to Quarteira where there is a harbour and yet another long beach.
Faro airport is about 25 minutes drive. Car hire is easy from the airport but pre-booking is recommended (and a lot cheaper).
A car is not necessary. Local taxis are cheap and plentiful.
A single track railway runs along the coast. There is no station in Vilamoura but Loule station is a short taxi run. It is a relaxing way to visit Faro old town or the attractive old town of Tavira. No need to get tickets, you can buy them on the train.
Vilamoura town centre about 1 mile (1.5 kilometres).
Quarteira town centre about 3 miles (5 kilometres).
Loule town centre about 10 miles (18 kilometres).
Albufeira town centre about 12 miles (21 kilometres).
Falésia beach about 3 miles (5 Kilometres)
Vilamoura has enough supermarkets and banks for normal holiday use.
It is a bit restricted for shopping, Quarteira, Loule and Albufeira have more shops and markets.
Vilamoura has more bars and restaurants you could visit in one stay. Chinese, Indian and Italian restaurants are available as well as many local Portuguese restaurants.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A £100 deposit will secure your booking. This will be retained as a security deposit.
Payment for the rent in full will be due one month before the commencement of the holiday.
The security deposit will be returned within one week of departure, if the cleaners report that the apartment has been left in reasonable order.
Changeover day is flexible.
Stays of over 7 days are welcome if they do not clash with existing bookings.
Notes on prices:
Long term rental is available from £500 per month plus electricity and water charges.
One month before arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The apartment is in the ideal location for a family holiday, a golfing holiday, a lawn bowling holiday or the opportunity to walk, cycle or drive around this beautiful coastline. It is perhaps not ideal for the party-going youngsters but is close enough to the busy Marina bars & restaurants to visit them using a taxi or, for the energetic, a fifteen minute walk. There are two balconies; the larger one catches all the morning and afternoon sun - the ideal way to relax. There is a shared garden area with a pool and barbecue facilities. Faro airport is about 25 minutes away by car or taxi. If you hire a car you can park in the secure, gated car park. If you do not want to drive it is ideal, all the local facilities you need are on the doorstep and the town is a short taxi drive away.”
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- 85 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - En suite to bedroom 1. Bath with shower, toilet, bidet, twin basins, towel rails. Bathroom 2 - Shower, toilet, basin, towel rails. Hot water is provided to the bath, sinks and showers from an electrically operated boiler.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Double bed, large wardrobe, bedside tables with lamps, balcony. Bedroom 2 - Two single beds, large wardrobe, bedside table with lamp. Both bedrooms have air conditioners.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The living room has a large air conditioner / heater. The bedrooms have air conditioning. Ideal for children but supervision is required if they are playing on the balconies or using the pool. No smoking in the apartment, please, but is permitted on the balconies. Additional laundry may be required if curtains, blankets etc. smell of tobacco smoke. No pets allowed without written permission. Dogs are not allowed. Outside: A garden area is shared with the other apartments. It contains a small swimming pool, shower, barbecue area and a grass lawn surrounded by a hedge and fence. The public has no access to this area which is fenced. Animals are not allowed in this area. Note that the swimming pool is 1.5m (5feet) deep. Children and poor swimmers must be supervised at all times. Utility Room: Utility room is locked and not available to guests. It contains the boiler and water stop valve which will be operated by the agent. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are included. These will be changed weekly. More frequent attendance can be provided at cost.