Cambrian House is a fabulous detached Victorian property situated within the southern coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire. This 4 bedroom house has been restored, refurbished and furnished to a good 4* star standard and is situated within a 5 minute drive of the beach and town centre where the ferry can take you for a short 5 minute ride to Portsmouth and the wonderful Gunwharf Quays, a superb waterfront complex with over 90 designer retail outlets, 30 odd cafés, restaurants, bistros and bars, Cinema, Bowling Alley, Casino, Jongleurs Comedy and Tiger Tiger nightclub plus the iconic Spinnaker Tower all set around the harbour quayside.
About the Owner
Complete Holiday Homes are a small professionally run friendly family business offering superior quality self catering holiday homes suitable for special get together, family holidays, business or crew accommodation in the southern coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire, alongside the historic naval city of Portsmouth, plus a lovely 2 bedroom apartment in the Portuguese Algarve. Whichever your destination we will strive to give the best possible service from point of booking on throughout your stay and will do our utmost to ensure your time at one of our properties is a memorable one.
Guestbook comments from the manager
“Apart from being self service Cambrian House was as good as The Ritz" The house is a lovely property with unusual and interesting design points, very clean with beautifully comfortable beds and it was great our little dog was welcome too. We enjoyed the area and the trips over the ferry into Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays and there appears to be plenty of entertainment locally. Your staff have been extremely helpful from the booking onwards and we would definitely book again with the company. Thank you (The Newel Family, October 2014) - as registered on Trip Advisor
From the Owner
“Set in the southern coastal town of Gosport, Hampshire Stoke Villas is within close proximity to 3 nearby beaches and Portsmouth Harbour plus a 5 minute ferry ride to Portsmouth and Gunwharf Quays which has over 90 designer retail outlets, 30 restaurants/cafes/bars, a 14 screen Cinema, Bowling Alley, Casino, Jongleurs Comedy Club, Tiger Tiger Nightclub and the iconic Spinnaker Tower. The tower is the UK’s second tallest publicly accessible building where you can stand on its splendid viewing platforms and look out over the water to The Isle of Wight and then back inland as far as the eye can see.”
Activity and Interests
'Cambrian House' is a 5 minute drive to Gosport town centre and Portsmouth Harbour plus Stokes Bay Beach looking out over The Solent with views over to the Isle of Wight or you are a short drive to Lee on Solent and Hillhead beaches where you are likely to find the windsurfers, kite surfers and jet skiers. With 24 miles of waterfront and fantastic viewing points you don’t have to wander far to find the sea or you can hop on a ferry for the 5 min ride to Portsmouth or the Isle Of Wight beyond.
The nearest airports are Southampton, approximately 30km away, or Bournemouth, around 80km, and Gatwick and Heathrow are the nearest London airports. You can train into Portsmouth Harbour and hop straight on the 5 minute ferry to Gosport where we are situated approximately 1km away from the terminal or alternatively into Fareham which is 7.5km from the house.
The house is situated close to historic Portsmouth Harbour with its naval connections going back to Henry VIII, whose flagship the Mary Rose sank just outside Portsmouth Harbour in 1545 but was raised in the early 80's and is now being restored in the dockyard which is also home to Nelson's famous flagship HMS Victory 1765 and the first iron hulled warship HMS Warrior 1860. Hampshire is not just all about coastline and is proud to be one of Britains most unspoilt counties, home to the New Forest National Park plus part of the glorious chalk based hills of the South Downs. The National Motor Museum at Beaulieu and Hampshires other maritime city of Southampton are within the Hampshire boundary and Winchester was the 9th Century Saxon Capital of King Alfred's Kingdom, which are all within easy distance of the house.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A £500 refundable reservation/damages deposit is payable at time of booking by debit/credit card which is fully refundable within 7/14 days of departure obviously subject to no damages or excessive cleaning. The rental fee is payable 6 weeks prior to arrival by debit/credit card. Early booking may be preferred to have good choice of dates.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
For up to date availability and pricing please contact the owner.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1st floor bathroom with an impressive antique wash hand basin, roll top bath and separate corner shower plus a large ground floor shower room all with white towels which are changed weekly with a mid week service available on request.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: 10 within beds plus 3 additional if required Notes on bedrooms: 4 well proportioned 1st floor bedrooms with superior quality 5ft kingsize beds that can convert to singles with one 'family room' having additional adult sized bunk beds plus 2 John Lewis bed chairs and corner sofa bed all with crisp white linen provided.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is self catering but catered options are available on request. If dining out is your choice we also have a number of fine local restaurants, some with great coastal views and Gunwharf Quays has over 30 waterfront cafes/bars/bistros and restaurants where you can sit and watch the comings and goings in the harbour. If you wish to stay on the bars at Gunwharf continue late into the night and Tiger Tiger nightclub is open until the early hours with a late night ferry to safely bring you home to Gosport. Outside: The large mature garden is situated to the rear of the property with BBQ and trampoline plus it is also possible to hire the hot tub on request providing we have a minimum of 24 hours prior knowledge to make sure it is suitably up to the correct temperature for your arrival. There is plenty of off road parking plus the house is pet friendly and warmly welcomes well behaved four legged guests. To either side of the house are gated driveways allowing plenty of off road parking. Utility Room: The utility area is within the ground floor shower room and houses the dishwasher and washing machine enclosed behind shaker style units with worktop over. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are provided and are changed weekly with a mid week maid service available on request. Child's cots and high chairs are also available at no extra cost but we ask if guests can please bring their own child's bedding. Other: Also off the kitchen to the rear is the breakfast room leading into a large conservatory with children's games plus a fun sized pool and table tennis table, another table and chairs and more soft seating to enjoy during the better weather.