Farmhouse in Champs Romain, Nr.Nontron, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France - Peaceful Rural Location
A restored farmhouse set in two acres of secluded garden with a private heated pool and parking for several cars. There are four double bedrooms and two shower rooms. The house is set over four floors with wooden floors throughout.It is a character property with many of its original features still evident. Carpe diem is a property ideal for a rural France getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Top Traveller Review
Fabulous property in a lovely rural location
About the Owner
My wife and I bought Carpe diem in 2011 after falling in love with the rural location and tranquillity.Holidaying in France has always been a favourite of ours and we even honeymooned in France many years ago. Now with two children we love the rural outdoors and enjoy getting away from the"hustle and bustle"of work and city life.
5 based on 12 holidaymaker reviews
Fabulous property in a lovely rural location
This is the second holiday we have spent at Carpe Diem. Last year we thought the property was perfect but this year we found the addition of a downstairs toilet and an upgraded bathroom making it even better! The property is very well equipped with everything you need for a fabulous stay. The heated pool is an added bonus! There is lots to do and see in the area for all ages (we were 3 generations the oldest being over 60 and the youngest 13). Highly recommended !!!!
Yet another superb trip
So pleased we were able to come back for a second time and for a longer period too. We got involved in a local pub quiz, not quite coming top though, relaxed even more by the pool, and came home feeling re-charged. A brilliant place to stay, couldn't recommend it high enough.
Holiady at Carpe diem
Fabulous holiday in a well equipped holiday home. Everything you need and more! We have stayed in gites/villas for 20 years and this is the best yet!! Definitely going back next year !!
Just what the Doctor ordered!!!!!
It was once again a wonderful holiday with friends in this smashing house. The weather being good obviously helped but apart from that everything was great and as it was our sixth visit which speaks for itself. Unfortunately we are unable to return for another month!!!!!
This is an idyllic spot, beautifully restored, well maintained and amazingly quiet. highly recommended!
This was our 4th holiday at Carpe Diem and we have booked to go again next August - which says it all! It is a stunning farmhouse, which has been renovated to a really high standard. It is exceptionally well equipped and has everything you need. We have stayed there as a large group when there was plenty of space for everyone, and also as a family of 4. The garden is huge and there is lots to do (eg goal posts, badminton set, rope swing), and of course the beautiful swimming pool. The covered outside dining area is perfect for breakfast as well as barbecues in the evening, we also loved our evenings toasting marshmallows over the fire pit and looking at the stars, bliss! The house is in a quiet rural location, but has easy access to lots of interesting towns, Brantome is our favourite - the canoeing made it a very amusing, and unforgettable, day!
We really couldn't recommend Carpe Diem highly enough - it has everything you need for a fantastic holiday.
From the Owner
“Carpe diem is located within the Regional National Park Perigord- Limousin and offers a wide range of activities for all the family. These include Boules, Canoeing, Caving, Cycling, Fishing, Go Karting, Golf, Swimming, Tennis, Hiking, Horse Riding, Mountain Biking, Bird watching, Wildlife spotting, Photography, Sightseeing, Gourmet dining, Chateaux visiting, and Wine tasting at the many vineyards dotted around the region. There are also a number of adventure parks and activities to try. Or if the above seems too energetic you could simply relax by the pool reading a good book and enjoying the peace and tranquility.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are many local lakes for fishing
Grand Etang at St Saud Lacoussire
Grand Etang de St Estephe
Grand Etang de La Jamaye near Riberac
Royan & Bordeaux are an approximate 2 hour drive from Carpe Diem
The closest airport to Champs Romain is Limoges Airport (47 km)
In the surrounding area are Angouleme Airport (48km) Bergerac Airport (81km) or Poitiers Airport (123km ). Bordeaux airport is also approximately a two hour drive.
TGV to Angouleme but would then need to hire car. Angouleme is approx 1 hour away.
Car hire is essential
* St Pardoux de la Riviere (6km)
* St Saud de Lacoussiere (6km)
* Brantome( 16 km)
* St Jean de Cole(11km)
* Thiviers (16km)
* Aubeterre Sur Dronne (66 km)
* Perigueux (33km)
* Pieguet- Pluviers (18 km)
* Angouleme (61km)
* Nontron (8km)
* Bergerac (101Km)
* Sarlat - 2 hrs away
* Domme 2 hours 15 mins away
* Rocamadour 2.5 hours
* Futurescope near Poitiers 2.5 hours away
* Oradour-sur-Glane - 2nd World War scene of Nazi Massacre
Wine Tasting: There are many vineyards dotted around the region but the famous wine tasting region of St Emillion and Bordeaux are only a couple of hours drive away.
The house is a short drive away from Saint Saud Lacoussiere which has its own bakery, Bar (Tabac), small supermarket, pharmacy and restaurant. In the opposite direction and a short drive away you can reach St Pardoux-la- Riviere with similar amenities and a larger Supermarket.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit required at time of booking to secure booking
80% balance required 6 weeks before arrival date
+ £500 refundable security/breakage deposit
Saturday. Arrival time 15:00 hours. Departure time 10:00 hours
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is a short drive away from Saint Saud Lacoussiere which has its own bakery, Bar (Tabac), Supermarket, pharmacy and fine dining restaurant (Hostellerie Saint - Jacques) In the opposite direction and a short journey you can reach St Pardoux-la- Riviere with similar amenities and a larger Supermarket with another lovely restaurant (Hotel de France) Brantome, known as the Venice of the Dordogne is a 25 minute drive away with interesting shops set into caves and many restaurants to relax after perhaps canoeing on the River Dronne. For further details of our house and activities nearby you can visit our website at www.carpediemholidayhome.com”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Ensuite bathroom to bedroom: walk-in shower, wc, sink Bathroom 2 - In between Bedroom 3 and 4: shower, wc, sink
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double bed and en-suite shower room overlooking pool Bedroom 2 - two single beds overlooking pool Bedroom 3 - double bed overlooking garden Bedroom 4 - two single beds overlooking neighbouring fields
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Carpe Diem is a restored traditional farmhouse with unique features such as a non-working well & bread oven. Inside open beams & wooden floors throughout. It is gas centrally heated & has a wood burner in the lounge for further heating. Outside: The grassed and well maintained garden has a 10 x 5 metre pool (open May - October) with safety alarm. There is also a football goal, basketball net, rugby posts and 14 ft trampoline with safety net for use. It has a shaded veranda with Weber barbecue and outdoor dining table seating up to ten people. There are bikes for use (2 adult & 2 child) and equipment for various leisure activities including tennis, golf, badminton & fishing. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels & linen are included, including pool towels. The house is cleaned before & after your stay. Washing machine for use if linen changes are required during your stay. Other: 2nd lounge/tv room : play station 3 with wide range of games Large selection of DVD's Games for the whole family, including a foldaway pool/snooker table & table tennis