House in St Issey, Nr. Padstow, Cornwall, England - Pretty Village Location, Less Than 5 Miles From Padstow And The 7 Bays
An Koth Skol (the old School in Cornish) was the village school but has undergone major renovation into a beautiful holiday home located in the pretty village of St Issey. The ground floor accommodation has been arranged with a magnificent living room/day room with a sitting area at one end, dining area in the centre and kitchen to the other end. Two staircases give access to the three bedrooms at first floor level, the master bedroom has a contemporary en-suite shower room, two further bedrooms with feature internal port hole windows give vistas to the space below and external views across the moor and St Issey Church. Many of North Cornwall's finest beaches including Trevone, Harlyn and Constantine are only a few miles away and the Championship Links Golf Course of Trevose about 5 miles drive. The village of St Issey is centrally located between Padstow and Wadebridge. The historic harbour town of Padstow is within four miles offering a range of shopping facilities, superb range of restaurants and of course the magnificent harbour.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
The villages along the coastline to Padstow boast some of the most spectacular beaches in North Cornwall. St. Merryns' slogan "7 bays for 7 days" illustrates the multitude of coves available. Th closest would be Trevone, just 4.5 miles away - a well known swimming and surfing beach!
Nearest Airport - Newquay 15 km
Nearest Train - Bodmin Parkway 20 km
Nearest Beach - Trevone 7.25 km
Nearest Golf - Trevose 8 km
Nearest Bus Stop - approximately 200m
The rugged landscape along the coast of North Cornwall has a unique charm and offers a wide range of activities to suit both the young and the young at heart. When you have explored the coastline, why not visit one or two of the many interesting towns and villages in Cornwall, or sample one of Cornwall's visitor attractions... so much to see and do whilst self catering in North Cornwall, Padstow, Rock and the surrounding area!
The historic town of Padstow is a delight, with its fleet of fishing vessels, colourful buildings and narrow streets. Historically the town was a very busy commercial fishing village, and today has a unique charm all of its own and offers a wide range of holiday activities to suit both the young and the young at heart!
The town offers an agreeable mix of retail outlets including fashion boutiques, craft and souvenirs, book shops and home furnishings, all nestled amongst its quaint narrow streets. Also on offer is an amazing array of places to eat while you are on holiday, catering for all tastes and pockets! One of the most well known is Rick Stein with his world famous Seafood Restaurant. He now has several other eateries in the town including St Petroc’s Bistro, The Cafe, Seafood Cookery School and his own Fish and Chip shop!
Others include Margot’s Bistro, Restaurant No 6 and Rojanos. There are also many public houses that offer good pub food as well as locally brewed ales and even fine wine from the Camel Valley Vineyard. What better than a glass of Champagne and a view of Padstow harbour? Bin Two the local wine merchant, offers a wide selection of wines. Don’t forget to sample a Cornish pasty!
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are through our Agents: Cole Rayment & White
Friday changeover day. Arrival time is from 3pm and Departure time is by 10am
Notes on prices:
Terms and Conditions & £20 booking fee apply
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to Bedroom 1 with large walk-in shower, low level wc, antique wash hand basin set into marbled top wash stand, ladder rack towel rail. Family bathroom - Contemporary style bath with shower over and glazed screen to side, vanity unit and wc
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with double bed, Bedroom 3 with twin beds
- Golf ...
- Outside: Double gates with pedestrian gate to side gives access to driveway with ample parking for four plus vehicles. An Koth Skol benefits from landscaped gardens with three feature raised planters to front elevation with sixty topiary shrubs and feature granite obelisk. An impressive hardwood patio area enjoys the sun through the majority of the day. The patio area benefits from partially glazed roof and garden furniture ideal for relaxing after a day on the beach! Parking for 4 cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are not provided, but please ask about local hire companies. Other: Reception room with feature recessed arched fireplace with inset multi-fuel wood-burning stove. Four chairs, coffee table and TV. Personal door to patio area and double doors into Living Room/Day Room.