Apartment in Kumkoy, Side, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Peaceful Location,Close To Beach, Local Bars / Restaurants - Best Of Both Worlds
Babylon beach is in a stunning split building with a unique atrium that rises 6 floors to a glass ceiling. There are glass lifts at each end of the atrium. Running through the centre of the atrium is an indoor water feature nearly 200 meters long. The complex sits in a high sea level position perched over a valley of farmland with an uninterrupted panoramic view of the stunning Taurus Mountains. From the 30-meter terrace at Babylon beach you can view these mountains through the telescope provided for your enjoyment. Also on the terrace there is your own private Jacuzzi. Where you can sit and relax with nice drink looking at the stars. The town of Kumkoy is a short stroll away with many bars, restaurants and shops. The ancient town of side is either a short Dolmus ride away. Or you can walk along the new promenade on the beach that runs all the way into side. This is a lovely way to stroll to your chosen restaurant and to take note of the many more that are on route. In the ancient town of Side you will find many roman ruins including an amphitheatre. Many of the ruins are currently under excavation and reconstruction. It really is an interesting time to visit Side. The nearest beach is a 5-minute stroll from Babylon Beach. Once on this beach you can either the walk along the promenade to Side in one direction or Everinseki in the other. Along the promenade there are park areas with public barbecues and many bars and restaurants. There are all the usual water sports available on the beach. In the harbour in ancient Side there are many pleasure boat trips available. There are also many other trips available some of historic interest and some purely fun. Quad biking, white water rafting. For the culture vulture you can visit the ancient Cappadocia or the Pamukkale a true wonder of the world. White water rafting is a favourite of ours. For approx. £14 per person you can spend all day, starting with a drive into the stunning mountains rafting all day stopping for lunch which is included in the price. You only buy your drinks fantastic value and really great fun. All of the trips can be booked close by. Alternatively you can just chill around the pool at Babylon Beach. While close to shops, bars and restaurants the site is very peaceful. It is never packed due to some owners not renting. So unlike hotels there is no fight for facilities. There is a bar restaurant and the food is as good as you will find locally. So if you want to take it easy this also a good option
About the Owner
My wife and I are in our mid fifties we fell in love with Side in 2006 and decided to buy a property. So that we could come back as often as possible.
We hope that people will visit our apartment and then share our love of Side.
we re invest in the property every year to keep everything to the highest standard possible.
We hope you will choose babylon - beach in side and return many times.
Dave & Bernadette Russell.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Holiday all finished, had a wonderful time, the apartment and location was fantastic and EVERYONE was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely look into going back next year. ANTHONY ATKINS
Just a quick to note to confirm that you were correct about Babylon Beach the whole complex is stunning and as it was fairly quiet it made it even more relaxing.
The other comment I must make is that the food is amongst the best I have eaten anywhere with a particular fondness for the casseroles cooked in the clay pots. PAUL HOLDEN
We have had a lovely break , perfect in every way . The apartment was spacious , peaceful and well equipped.
> We were three generations and as such made use of all the complex facilities , the pool was fabulous , sun beds and brollies always available. Never crowded , always peaceful . Thank you for your recommendation it was exactly what we had hoped for , will be on touch next year.
> Kind regards
? Sarah Bilyard may 2013
From the Owner
“We started the purchase process off plan in 2009 from Mecitoglu homes the largest developer in Side. We took the keys in August 2011. We love the area of Kumkoy / Side / manavgat. Lovely beaches, great restaurants, Fantastic mountain views, the amazing ruins of ancient Side. Many activities locally including white water rafting etc. the location of babylon is peaceful while central the best of both worlds. the high sea level and large terrace make for wonderful outdoor living with magnificent views. this is why we chose babylon over many other complexes available at the time.”
Activity and Interests
It is a 5-minute walk to the west beach. As its Mediterranean coast the water is a lovely temp. There are many beachfront bars on the west beach and water sports available. Once on the beach you can stroll along the promenade all the way into Side. On the other side of Side there is the East beach. Which is less populated with bars and has the backdrop of the Sorgun forest, sand dunes and the ruins of Side. This beach is far more relaxed if you wanted a quite day by the sea to just chill.
The nearest airport is Antalya, which has two terminals and is a 24/7 365-day international airport. It is a 40-minute drive to Kumkoy/Side. But we can arrange excellent value transfers if required.
It is a 5-minute walk to Kumkoy town. A short Dolmus ride to Ancient Side or you can walk along the promenade to Side in 30 minutes. All the way along that promenade there will be 100s of bars and restaurants to choose from before arrival in Side.
Once in Side all of the ruins and museums are within easy access. The Dolmus station takes you into the middle of the ruins. Also close to the East beach.
There is plenty to do in the area. Most restaurants will pick you up and take you home FOC if you request it.
There is a local supermarket just 3-minute walk from the complex. The complex has a small shop in high season for essentials. We provide a shopping trolley. If you don't hire a car you can get the Dolmus to Manavgat which is a working Turkish town on the Green River and there you can access fantastic local butchers, bakers and greengrocers not to mention larger supermarkets. It is also a great place to have lunch in a lovely riverside setting.
There are many trips of interest or fun and we have a guidebook in the apartment that gives details of these trips too many to give justice to in this section.
- Booking Notes:
We require a 20% deposit to secure the booking (non-returnable).
We require the balance to be paid one calendar month before departure.
We are flexible on change over day. If no guest arriving on the departure day then the guest can stay in the apartment until their transfer time. If a guest is arriving then they must vacate by 12PM.
Access on arrival from 2PM. Earlier if vacant.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“What sets Babylon apart from other apartment blocks is because it was built on the style of a hotel it benefits from a close to the beach location. It does not look out of place amongst the 5&6 star hotels. Other apartment complexes are much further from the beach. It is easy to check this out. Also the high sea level position gives stunning views from all parts of the complex.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- One en suit walk in shower room. With toilet sink and fitted hair drier. One family walk in shower room also with toilet sink and fitted hair drier. Both shower rooms are fully tiled and fitted with modern appliances.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There is a master double bedroom with fitted wardrobes and En suit bathroom. This room has a patio door directly onto the terrace. There is a twin bedroom with two single beds and fitted wardrobes. There are also two sofa beds in the living area.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Note that Cots and high chairs can be arranged at a small extra cost if required. Outside: The complex is surrounded by very well maintained gardens including fruit trees and large palm trees. There is a 40-meter outdoor pool and children’s play area with swings etc, There are very good quality parasols with marble bases for weight and sunbeds available around the pool all recently upgraded There is a poolside bar restaurant. Which can be open in hot weather but closed off by sliding glass panels if the evening is chilly. There is a tennis court, Indoor pool, Gym, Games room. Sauna and Turkish steam bath. The bar restaurant serves breakfast lunch and evening meals. There are barbecues and entertainment in high season. Including Turkish nights all family friendly. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and bed linen are provided. The apartment will be cleaned and laundered prior to your arrival it will also be cleaned and laundered after your departure FOC. Should you want an ex laundry service this can be purchased from our local manager. Other: We supply tennis rackets and balls for use on the tennis court, also table tennis bats and balls also for your enjoyment during your stay. We have also compiled a comprehensive guidebook of the local area. We also provide a fully loaded first aid kit.