Barn in Thurgarton, Nr. Holt, North Norfolk, England - Delightful Family Holiday House
Scarrow Barn is a converted nineteenth century barn offering comfortable, attractive accommodation in a peaceful rural location. The versatile accommodation is so arranged that the house can be a cosy holiday venue for a couple, one family or small group, but can also comfortably accommodate a larger party of two families.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Annie (London) "The rural setting is great, we had a marvellous time and so enjoyed playing tennis."
Art Club (Stowmarket) "Lovely holiday with much wildlife and places to paint."
Peter (Herefordshire) "Fantastic location, sheer peace."
Nick (New Zealand) "What an idyllic place."
Kat (Oxford) "What a beautiful house in a stunning location."
Charles (London) "What a fabulous countryside hideaway, tranquil, spacious, homely & comfortably, the garden is beautiful."
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
It is an excellent base from which to enjoy sandy beaches, bird watching, seal trips, sailing, cycling, golf, visiting stately homes, eating out or shopping!
The beautiful north Norfolk coast is only 5 miles to the north of Scarrow Barn.
Cley-next-the-Sea: A pebbled beach with fantastic coastal views. From Cley Beach you can walk out to Blakeney Point - an unforgettable expedition on a sunny day!
Holkham: Featured at the end of the film ‘Shakespeare in Love’, miles of golden sand, rolling dunes and pine forests.
Sheringham: Seaside town with small sandy and pebbly beach.
Brancaster: A favourite spot for Kite surfing.
Scarrow Barn is 20 miles north of Norwich and roughly a 3 hour drive from central London. Well worth the journey! There is an airport at Norwich and good rail links to London. The local railway stations to Scarrow Barn are Sheringham or Gunton, both about 30 minutes by train from Norwich.
Use of a car is necessary at Scarrow Barn.
The village of Aldborough, with shops and pubs is very close by, whilst the market town of Holt is 7 miles away, a 15 minute drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn Half Term
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
24 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
Saturday is the usual arrival and departure day, however flexible arrangements can be made.
Notes on prices:
Prices start from £400 per week and the weekly prices above are for up to 5 people staying in the property, please contact the owner for prices for 6 -9 guests staying at Scarrow Barn.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- 1 ensuite bathroom, with bath and shower 2 bathrooms with showers
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 3 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double bedroom 3 twin bedrooms 1 single bedroom
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is well equipped for families with games, books and space for children and also excellent for the older generation with a couple of bedrooms on the ground floor and a quiet graciously furnished drawing room. We are happy to accommodate one well behaved dog! Outside: Outside there is a large garden with a rose covered pergola leading to a hard tennis court and a sheltered courtyard ideal for sitting and eating out in the summer. Utility Room: There is also a utility room with washing machine, second fridge and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen is provided. Towels are not included. Other: Also on the ground floor is a snooker room.