L'Olivier Barn in Vaumoure, Bouteilles-Saint-Sebastien, Dordogne, France - Rural location, ideally located between Aubeterre sur Dronne and Verteillac.
This tastefully converted barn provides 2 bedroomed accommodation with two bathrooms.
Built of local stone, it retains the charm and character of the original 1800s building but with a light, airy decor and style that provides a very enjoyable and comfortable holiday home.
The high-beamed open-plan living area allows you to relax in a quiet corner or to dine around the table. French doors from the lounge area lead to a shaded terrace where a table and chairs are provided. Further French doors open onto the courtyard leading to another terrace under the vines for those lazy lunches where you can barbecue, or just spend long balmy evenings overlooking the surrounding countryside.
The pool terrace area is where sun loungers are provided to relax and enjoy those lazy hot sunny days. A large shady pool house can be found here with additional seating. The barn is situated in grounds of approx 1 acre for your enjoyment, with plum, walnut, hazelnut, cherry and fig trees. Private shady parking is situated within the grounds.
The owners live discreetly at the edge of the grounds and are available if required for any help and advice but otherwise leave you alone to enjoy your holiday.
About the Owner
We are John and Nina Gibbins. We have been happily settled in this area since 2012
From the Owner
“We have spent many years enjoying holidays in France, but always seemed to be drawn back to this region with the sunflowers, the fine wines and beautiful scenery. The local markets are just a joy to visit and Aubeterre-sur-Dronne and Brantome are just some of the wonderful places to visit.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest Atlantic coastal beaches are a 2 hour drive. There is a river beach at Aubeterre, with canoe hire,which is a 20 minute drive. A superb sandy lake beach is a 35 minute drive at La Jemaye, This has has lifeguarding in summer a restaurant and visitor centre, from which you can also hire boats.
The use of a car is essential. Nearest Airport: Bergerac, 42 miles. Nearest Ferry: Caen, 328 miles. Channel tunnel Calais terminal: 488 miles. Nearest Train: Angouleme, 27 miles. Nearest autoroute: Poitiers A10 (via N10 fast road from Angouleme), 99 miles.
Many local activities including canoeing, horse-riding, fishing, hiking and cycling, all within 10 minutes drive. There a two nearby villages with amenities, supermarkets, bank, bakery, butcher & restaurants and chemists. Many beautiful towns and villages are nearby including Brantome (Venice of the Perigord), Aubeterre sur Dronne a hilltop medieval village with castle and restaurants.
Shops (butcher, baker, newsagent, supermarket), bank, post office and restaurants and chemists are a short distance away in St Severin and Verteillac. The owners provide guests with comprehensive information of local amenities and attractions together with suggestions of nearby restaurants.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
If you wish to book l'Olivier, the owners will send you a booking form which sets out the dates, rates and payment details. A 25% deposit is required upon booking and the full balance is due 8 weeks prior to the holiday. We accept payments by bank transfer in GBP or Euros. We are open all year round - please enquire.
The changeover day, particularly in high season is Saturday. However, out of high season the owners can be flexible, so please make enquiries. Arrival time is 4p.m. Departure time is 10.00a.m.
Notes on prices:
Prices may be subject to change at the owner's discretion. Gas, electricity, linen & towels included. There will be a fuel surcharge of £40.00 per week 24th October 2015 – 25th March 2016. We accept payments by bank transfer in GBP or Euros
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“One of our visitors last year when shown round l'Olivier, barn told us that they simultaneously looked at each other and said 'wow'. This is certainly the reaction we were hoping to achieve when we decided to take on a barn conversion. We have endeavoured to make everything as comfortable as possible to ensure our guests leave rested and happy. We can honestly say that our guests spend more time at l'Olivier than out and about and we consider this to be the highest complement. The private pool and several seating areas certainly makes this a great place to recharge your batteries. The night sky looks like diamonds on black velvet, and can be the last image you remember as you drift off to sleep as they twinkle down from the skylight windows .”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- non smoking only
- not suitable for children ...
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room room to bedroom 1, with shower and wc. Separate large shower room with shower and wc.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with large double bed and memory foam mattress for your comfort, en-suite bathroom. Bedroom 2 with large four poster bed, again with memory foam mattress
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: All bedlinen, bathroom towels and pool towels are provided for guests and are changed weekly. A free Laundry service is provided. Domestic items are also supplied, such as tea towels, washing up liquid, matches, torches as well as a starter supply of kitchen roll, toilet roll, soap, cling film and kitchen foil ensuring that your travel load is reduced. UK Free sat TV, DVD and CD player (iPod docking) are ready for use, as well as a DVD & CD library. A travel cot is available upon request. Outside dining furniture, barbecue and seating is provided. L'Olivier is rural, but near enough to places, to visit and explore. Outside: The in ground (10m x 5m) pool area is where sun loungers are provided to relax and enjoy those lazy hot sunny days. A large shady pool house can be found here with additional seating. The barn is situated in grounds of approx 1 acre for your enjoyment, with plum, walnut, hazelnut, cherry and fig trees. Other terraces and shady seating dining areas can be found around the garden Private shady parking is situated within the grounds. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen, bathroom towels and pool towels are provided to guests and are changed weekly. A free Laundry service is provided.