Cottage in Dunbar, Edinburgh and Lothians, Scotland - Walk To The Train Station, Town Centre, Golf Courses, John Muir Coastal Path
Small but perfectly formed, Stables Cottage is cosy and light-filled. It has two bedrooms with views to the garden and pocket sprung king-size beds, one with a futon chair for an extra person. The fully equipped kitchen has a gas hob and a large dishwasher, and extra fridge/freezer space in the garage. The main front room has two small tables each seating four, a flat-screen cable TV, two armchairs, and a small sofa which can fold out to accomodate another guest (or two if they are small!) This room is particularly light, having double aspect windows, two skylights, and glass doors leading to a charming little sunroom with conservatory furniture and a log-effect electric stove, from which, as from the patio just outside it, you can catch a glimpse of the sea as you sit with your tea or a drink.
Outside, the large garden has a fairly hefty gas barbecue, and the garden shed holds a fold-out table for eight.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
Best holiday in a long time
The most wonderful place we have stayed in a long time.
Cian is a brilliant host, detailed instruction book with everything you need to know, lovely sun room for enjoying your morning tea.
Great as a base to explore. The sea is only minutes away on foot, the dogs thought it was marvelous to have there morning and evening walks by the sea.
Fantastic garden to just sit out and chill with a glass of wine, beer or cuppa.
Most wonderful stay and we will hopefully be back in October/November and definitely coming back next year I think for 2 weeks this time.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Bicycles available to hire, either from ourselves or from Belhaven Bikes about a mile from the cottage. John Muir Coastal trail runs right past front door of the cottage. Surfing and coasteering available in town just at the rail station 5 mins from cottage.
Steps to East Beach, which is sandy but very tidal. Coastal path runs alongside it for long walks either east or west. Large sandy beach (Belhaven Bay) about a mile from the cottage, suitable for surfing.
Edinburgh airport is 30 mins away by bus from Waverley station in Edinburgh, which is 22 mins away by train. Newcastle is an hour away by train. Dunbar is about 26 miles from either Edinburgh or Berwick upon Tweed by car.
Walking--Lammermuir hills just a short drive away (depends which bit you want to walk on)
Edinburgh--22 mins away by train if you want a bit of culture
Watersports--Foxlake wake boarding and surfing at Belhaven, just a few minutes drive. Kayaking or walking on the beach, right on doorstep. Large pool with flume and wave machine ten minutes walk away.
For the small ones--East Links Family farm just a few minutes drive away. Splatz soft play and cafe (and ceramic painting) right in town.
Grocery store, banks, butcher, fishmongers, award-winning bakery, and hardware store on the high street.
Great place to visit in its own right, but a good base for both the Northumberland area, the East Lothian area, or the Edinburgh area.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
16 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Strictly no smoking, thank you.
All bookings start on Fridays. The cottage is available from 3pm. Departure time is 10 am.
Notes on prices:
Minimum booking 3 nights (£80/night) except Christmas/Hogmanay (3 nights minimum, £110/night) or July/August (1 week minimum).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- 1 bathroom with bathtub and shower over.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed and 1500 pocket sprung medium firm mattress, single futon chair which extends out to a small single. Bedroom 2 with king size bed and 1500 pocket sprung medium firm mattress. Lounge with pull-out sofa bed small double.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Wifi throughout. Suitable for elderly as main cottage is a bungalow--only the sun room has steps leading down. Please note first step down to sun room is unusually low. Car not needed as very good public transport into Edinburgh and to some extent around the Lothians, walking distance to rail/bus/town/shopping/golf/walks. Outside: Very large enclosed garden suitable for children and dogs. Trampoline for larger children. Patio with limited sea views, with wooden chairs and table. Folding table in shed seats 8. Barbecue in separate paved area with small table and two chairs. Utility Room: Laundry facilities in town (dry cleaner/laundry and laundromat) or laundry collected and done on request. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linens and towels included. Beach towels are available at a rental of each week. Property cleaned and linens changed weekly. Other: Charming sun room with conservatory furniture and small table, log-effect electric fire, views to garden and to sea.