Cottage in Brivezac, Correze, Limousin, France - Peaceful Rural Location Amidst The Wooded Hills Of The Correze
If you are looking for a restful, peaceful and undemanding holiday, then look no further! Whilst located on the edge of this pretty riverside village, it is on a secluded track and not overlooked. Ideally situated for visiting the 'prettiest villages' of France, messing about in the river or just relaxing in the garden, it is the perfect location. The gite is well-situated in so far as it is on the corner of the Correze, the Lot and the Dordogne. This provides a wealth of things to do and see. Assailing the senses, are many local farmers' markets where you can barbecue the fresh meat you purchase to eat with the newly made bread, delicious sun-warmed strawberries, all washed down with local wines. There are an abundance of the listed 'prettiest villages in France' all around, such as Rocamador, Collonges la Rouge, Turenne and many more. The river provides places to swim, fish or canoe in the clear cool waters. Other activities such as walking and cycling are a joy in such a pretty location. Or for those who just want a total rest, just sitting on the terrace with a good book and a glass of wine you may do a bit of wild life spotting, such as the eagles, kite, pine martens, wild boar, deer, adders, salamanders as well as our more familiar creatures. The only thing that may disturb your peace will be the cry from the local cockrel, the woodpecker's frequent visit to the walnut tree or the cries of victory from the village boulles match. Other places to visit are the dams on the Dordogne, chateaux, caves (some with cave drawings), museums, music festival activities, gardens, places of historical interest, churches and much more; in short, there is something for everyone.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Susan Haywood
I am Susan and I am a semi-retired English teacher at a high school in the North West of England. Currently I work four days a week and after a busy, noisy and intense school year, I long for the peace and quiet of my idyllic rural getaway.
Susan Haywood purchased this cottage in 2006
(2 traveller reviews)
A lovely little French house well-equipped for a relaxing holiday. Every window has a wonderful view of surrounding countryside and at night the lack of light pollution means you can see the stars whilst listening to the barn owls and the sound of the Dordogne down in the valley. It is a lovely area with many places to visit. Beaulieu is just down the road for shopping/restaurants/cafes. We visited Argentat, Figeac, Aurillac, Collonges and there are many more within reach. It was very hot, and memories of cold wine on the terrace of an evening will see us through the winter.
Total Peace and relaxation
A stunning location in the village of Brivezac. Stunning views across the valleys surrounded my nature and tranquility. Not far from River Dordogne with canoeing , cycling and walking activities if you want. Car is required for the near by shops and reaching neighbouring town of Beauslieu. Weather was a plus everyday 30c+. We fell in love with the French way of life and would love to return. Friendly neighbours and owner with open channels of communication! Many thanks Susan :)
Activity and Interests
Airports: Brive 45 minutes, Limoges 1hr 45, Bergerac 2hrs 15, Toulouse 3hrs.
Calais to Brivezac approx 12 hours. Train: UK to Brive.
A car is essential. Car hire is available at all airport listed and in Brive.
Walking distance from the house to the village is about 5 minutes. By car to Beaulieu-sur-Dordogne, which is the nearest medieval town for banks, shopping, bakery etc is 6 km, to Argentat 20 km, Brive which is the nearest city 50 km.
There are many restaurants in the area of varying quality and price. Beaulieu (6km) has two banks, a post office, numerous bakeries, an abundance of ladies hairdressers? , one large supermarket, tourist information (the Correze) and a weekly outdoor market. Argentat (20km) is of a similar size and in the summer months has a soiree on Wednesday evenings. In Biars there are two large supermarkets and just beyond that, Bretenoux has some shops and tourist information for the Lot.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings can be made by email or phone. 25% unrefundable deposit will secure the booking and the remaining payment to be made 6 weeks before arrival.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival 4pm, departure 10am.
Notes on prices:
Long term winter lets are considered. Price £450 per calendar month, including electricity, water and taxes. Excluding oil. Three months let minimum.
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom with shower cubicle, sink, bidet. Separate toilet.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 3 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: One bedroom with double bed. A French style wardrobe with hanging and shelf space, a chest of drawers and an idyllic view through the large windows.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is homely - that is to say that it is not stark and meagerly furnished and only equipped with three of everything. It has home comforts. Outside: There is a lawned garden to the rear and side of the property, which overlook the valley. A covered veranda with table and chairs provides a lovely vantage point and is perfect for breakfasts, reading a good book or a quiet glass of wine. There are flat seating areas in the garden and plenty of chairs, sunbeds, a parasol and a barbecue. To the front of the property is a large, unenclosed field, to the side a gurgling stream and pine trees behind. Three parking spaces to choose from. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are not provided. The property will be cleaned before your arrival and after your departure. Other: In the garage below the living accommodation, is a boiler for the central heating and hot water and the washing machine. An iron and ironing board are provided.