Les Etables at Le Houlland.
Self contained contemporary gite. Open plan living, dining and kitchen space fully equipped with TV/dvd. Large downstairs double bedroom with en suite wetroom and WC suitable for disabled guests. 2nd shower room and WC situated on the ground floor. Stairs lead to a twin bedded room with additional folding bed and travel cot.
The gite has access to the games room, and laundry, and can share useage of the heated pool.
Le Houlland is a 16th Century stone farmhouse while
Les Etables is a recently renovated contemporary gite. The properties are set in a 2 acre gated site surrounded by stud farms, and picturesque countryside, but near to shops etc.
Le Houlland, has 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 salons , 2 kitchens , a large dining/party room,and a rear terrace with barbecue.
Les Etables, has an open plan living area and kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 1 of which is on the ground floor and has an en suite wet room and toilet suitable for disabled guests, plus another shower and toilet.
There is a games room, outside heated pool with safety fence, and large garden area, all of which are shared by guests from both properties.
The location is perfect for visiting the WW2 beaches, and is less than 1hour from the historic City of Bayeux. The beautiful Cathedral at Coutance can be reached in 45minutes, and the grand old seaside town of Granville is 1hour away.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic little gite
About the Owner
About susan brown
Susan and Philip Brown, together with their daughter Tiffany and son Mark purchased the property in 2006
WE ARE PLEASED TO NOW BE TAKING BOOKINGS FOR 2017. WE ARE PROUD TO HAVE RECEIVED 100% POSITIVE COMMENTS FROM OUR 2016 GUESTS.
susan brown purchased this cottage in 2006
Why susan brown chose Coutances - Saint Lo area
We came to this part of France for a family celebration earlier in 2006, and fell in love with the area.
Access from the UK is easy, with a good ferry service from Portsmouth, and the travel times from Cherbourg or Caen are not long.
What makes this cottage unique
We have a tranquil setting,although far from remote.
Shops, beaches, restaurants, and points of interest are easily accessed by car.
Deposit of 30% to be transferred to our UK or French bank accounts(if a rate in Euro has been negotiated).
Full payment to be paid no later than 4 week prior to arrival date.
A security deposit, to cover damages, as stated at the time of quotation, to be paid 4 week prior to arrival, along with the balance.
Repayment as appropriate of this security deposit
We have nominated Saturdays as ideal, but we offer, where possible, flexibility for our guests' convenience.
Notes on prices:
Alternative arrival/departure dates can be negotiated. For example Monday to Monday bookings may enable cheaper ferry costs.
(3 traveller reviews)
Fantastic little gite
This was our second visit to the gite, after being so impressed with it last year. A home from home with everything needed for a comfortable stay. Great location for the D-Day beaches and exploring a little further afield in Normandy. Highly recommended
This is one of the best properties we've stayed in, the furnishings and equipment are first class, and the pool and games room are must if you have youngsters in your party.
I don't think the owners could have added anything to make the holiday more enjoyable!!
This farmhouse is one of the nicest places we've stayed in France, the attention to detail is second to none and the facilities are first class. I fully recommend this to families, the games room and pool are a godsend!!
From the Owner
“We came to this part of France for a family celebration earlier in 2006, and fell in love with the area. Access from the UK is easy, with a good ferry service from Portsmouth, and the travel times from Cherbourg or Caen are not long.”
Activity and Interests
20 minute drive to Utah beach. 1 hour drive to Omaha beach. Other excellent beaches can be visited to the west of the property.
45 minutes from Cherbourg Port.
1 hour from Ouistreham (Caen).
Use of car essential.
St Come-du-Mont 1 kilometre.
Carentan 5 kilometres.
Village shop (Depot du Pain) 1 km.
Supermarket Carentan - 5 km. Carentan is a major town with all facilities including Monday market.
Excellent Restaurants between 5 km and 20 km.
From the Owner
“We have a tranquil setting,although far from remote. Shops, beaches, restaurants, and points of interest are easily accessed by car.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Suitable for disabled people.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Child Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 1 has a super king bed. There is an en suite wet room and w.c
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The property will be thoroughly cleaned before your arrival. All bedding. towels, pool/beach towels are supplied, and are replaced weekly. WE DO NOT SUPPLY TOILETRIES. There are no additional charges for electic heating. You will find the kitchens fully equipped, with cookers, ovens, microwaves, kettles toasters, coffee makers etc etc. Both the house and the gite have UK tv available, together with dvd players. There is an i pod dock in both properties. With copious amonts of pots,pans, cutlery and crockery, you'll find everthing you need. Outside: Extensive gardens with rear patio, garden furniture and BBQ are available for both main house and gite. The heated swimming pool (MAY NOT BE OPERATIONAL UNTIL END OF MAY OWING TO PLANNED REPAIRS) is around 12 metres by 6 metres is shared between guests in the main house and the gite. There are loungers for sunbathing, and facilities for al fresco eating. The site is accessed through electric gates.