Shortflatt Tower Sleeps 16 (8 Bedrooms)
Shortflatt Tower has eight individually decorated double bedrooms with views overlooking the formal garden and rolling Northumberland countryside. The Tower Keep drawing room has a vaulted ceiling, 6 foot thick walls and an open fire. The Dining room has antique furnishings, striking family portraits and a wood burning stove. Also included are a cosy kitchen & living area and bathrooms with cast-iron double ended roll top baths and luxurious rain showers.
The Keep opens out onto an impressive stone terrace and formal walled garden. The flower borders have been planned to bloom throughout the year and there is a beautiful rose quartz fountain.
Shortflatt Tower is a spacious yet intimate venue suitable for many different occasions. Families with children, friends getting together, and celebrations including small intimate weddings for less than 40 people.
Shortflatt Tower is one of Northumberland's most beautiful country houses set in idyllic surroundings with well tended walled gardens and ancient woodland. Part of a private estate, we offer comfortable elegance and bespoke services including quality pampering in Fullerton Place, our Spa and Hammam. Come and enjoy a taste of gracious country living in the luxurious comfort and tranquillity that our 13th century fortalice tower has to offer. With a variety of areas to stroll or to sit and relax in the garden and parkland, it's a wonderful space to explore. Balancing tranquil surroundings with energy and vitality, Shortflatt has an exceptionally calm and relaxing atmosphere. We are surrounded by beautiful countryside, excellent walking opportunities, great cycle routes and both National trust and English Heritage properties. We are also within short driving distance of Newcastle upon Tyne city centre's excellent shopping facilities and quayside galleries and Northumberland's stunning golden beaches and interesting market towns.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Fullerton Place Cottage, with 4 bedrooms, next to the Tower, can be booked alongside Shortflatt Tower taking the total number of guests to 24 in 12 bedrooms.
Cottage- Full payment is required when booking less than 6 weeks before arrival, along with a £100 refundable damages deposit. Minimum stay 2-3 nights depending on time of year.
Arrival time- 4pm
Departure time- 10:30am
Changeover days: flexible
Notes on prices:
Tariff shown are weekly rates and short breaks. The short break prices are relatively accurate. The week prices are NEGOTIABLE. Please call for an up to date price. Please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01661 881 804 for more information on prices and availability. Prices are flexible depending on the length of stay.
(1 traveller reviews)
My family and I (15 adults) stayed here for the weekend to celebrate two special birthdays. We had the use of the cottage and tower. Both are exquisitely decorated and very clean. The beds are really comfortable and rooms are very spacious. The house and grounds are beautiful, peaceful and well looked after. The hottub got plenty of use and we even found some outdoor games in an old shed. Only problem was there was no ground floor toilet in main tower and as we were using the patio area and lounge in the evening it was a bit of a trek to use the toilet. Morpeth is just a short drive where there are plenty of shops and supermarket. Johno the owner is never to far away if you need advise or assistance and was even happy to take some group photo's for us. Also look out for coffee bean the dachshund. He's a really cutie...
Activity and Interests
Nearest Airport- Newcastle Airport 10miles (20 minute drive)
Nearest Train Station- Newcastle Central Station 17 miles (35 minute drive)
Use of a car: Essential
Newcastle upon Tyne- 16 miles (25 minutes)
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- Yellow Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, 1st Floor
- Green Marble Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, 1st Floor
- Library Suite En-suite - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Master Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, 2nd Floor
- Isis En-suite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Iris En-suite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Library Suite - 1 Double Bed, Ground Floor room with En-suite, Bed can be spilt into twins
- Bit of Fashion - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1st Floor- Super King bed can be split into twins
- Gallant Foe - 1 Double Bed, 1st Floor- Four Poster Double Bed
- Young Fullerton - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1st Floor- Super King size bed
- Miss Glen Dyne - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2nd Floor- Super King beds can be split into twins
- Pretty Nell - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2nd Floor- Master Bedroom- Super King Bed
- Isis - 1 Double Bed, Attic- Double Bed with En-Suite Shower Room
- Iris - 1 Double Bed, Attic- Double bed can be split into twins with en-suite
- Outside: The estate is secluded and private and is surrounded by beautiful countryside and ancient woodland. Access is up a private mile long drive. The Tower Keep opens out onto an impressive stone terrace and formal walled garden. The flower borders have been planned to bloom throughout the year and there is a beautiful rose quartz fountain. BBQ facilities are available for guests in the Tower and Cottage. Guest also have access to the courtyard hot tub and Fullerton Place on site Spa. We specialise in the Luxurious Hammam treatment.