House in Famagusta, Cyprus - Peaceful Location, Walking Distance To Sandy Beach
This fully modernised Historic Famagusta Courtyard House is located in a private and peaceful setting, a superb sandy beach is within walking distance. The Courtyard House is such a relaxing place to stay. We think it is because the pace of life in the old city is so slow, and you feel this when staying here. Child friendly accommodation with a lot of playgrounds around. There are no main roads through the old city, no traffic lights, no roundabouts and no hotels. Most of the streets are narrow, lined by old stone built houses. It is a truly quaint and charming place surrounded in history. Rental prices are in pounds and the currency in North Cyprus is Turkish Lira, this means that North Cyprus is an inexpensive holiday location as compared to the Mediterranean Euro holiday destinations. This is the type of holiday where if you prefer not to drive you can easily enjoy without having to rent a car, as within one minutes walk there are a wide selection of restaurants and shops.
About the Owner
My name is Barbara Zurawel. I am the owner of Famagusta Courtyard House. I am living in England. I am a registered nurse, mother of a two years old son and also a business woman.
From the Owner
“I had some holidays in Northen Cyprus in Old City Famagusta and I fall in love with the place because of the history, beauty and simplicity. That's why I decided to invest in property there. I take this opportunity to welcome you to my house and I hope you will have a joyful time.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Water sports including scuba diving, wind surfing and fishing trips.
The local superb sandy beach is 15 minutes walk from the Courtyard House. The sea in this area is very calm and safe. There are restaurants, shops and water sports facilities.
Salamis Beach is 20 minutes drive from the Courtyard House. There are restaurants and cafes on the beach. Also, pedalos, wind surfing and yachting.
Glapsides beach is a long sandy beach within 10 minutes drive. The water here is very shallow and clean.
The easiest way is to fly direct to Larnaca in South Cyprus. It normally takes 35 to 40 minutes from Larnaca to the Courtyard House by taxi. Which can easily be arranged. Paphos is much further away from The Courtyard House and the drive is more than 2 hours, so we advise you to fly to Larnaca.
The other alternative is to fly to Ercan Airport in North Cyprus via Turkey. Ercan is 30 minutes drive from the Courtyard House.
Internet. There are a number of cafes in the area offering a free internet service Mouth watering Petek patisserie are within 2-3 minutes walk from the house. Local shops,banks, cash machines, exchange office also with walking distance. Two big supermarkets 5 minutes drive. Bus station provides good services to Kyrenia and Nicosia.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We have set up the following procedure for booking and paying. 1. You can pay by credit card, 2.You can pay by bank/building society transfer to our UK account.
The changeover day, arrival and departure times are flexible.
Notes on prices:
The prices quoted are for 1 or 2 people. For 3 or 4 people there is an additional charge of £40 per week per person. Children (10 and under) are charged at 20 pounds per person per week.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The Famagusta Courtyard House is very peaceful and private. However, you are in the heart of The Old city of Famagusta which means you have a wide selection of restaurants and shops on your doorstep. You would be spending your holiday among the locals and get a feeling of the culture of Cyprus, rather than being isolated in a villa where you would need a car to go to restaurants, shops or the local beach.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- sight seeing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Both bedrooms have spacious en suites, both en suites have modern thermostatically controlled shower units, marble top basin areas and ceramic flooring throughout.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom One 16ft x 13 ft King size double bed, fitted wardrobes, dresser, small sofa, wooden floors, split level air conditioning. Bedroom Two 16ft x 11 ft Same as bedroom 1 but there is a separate guest entrance to en suite through the utility room.
- Notes on accommodation: The Courtyard House is ideally suited to taste the lifestyle of the local community and is best suited to the discerning holiday makers who want to experience and explore the history of Cyprus. On arrival there will be a welcome pack of fruit and drinks. We would ask you not to smoke in any of the rooms. For those who prefer to smoke then of course the courtyard is available. We do this so that any future guests will not be greeted by the smell of smoke. Outside: There is a private Courtyard with room for sunbathing and dining for 5 people. Car parking is available very close to the house. Utility Room: Utility Room 8ft x 5 ft Washing Machine and sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The Courtyard House will be clean and ready for your arrival including clean bed linen and towels. There is no maid service as we have found that this intrudes on your privacy, however you can request additional cleaning. Other: The Private Courtyard and Outside Dining Area 26ft x 25 ft The courtyard has a natural stone floor, a table and 4 chairs, excellent lighting, potted plants. The Courtyard is well lit for evening dining. The Courtyard can be used for private sunbathing.