Victoria Cottage in Mudeford, Nr. Christchurch, Dorset, England - 10 Minutes walk from sandy beaches Mudeford Quay and sea. Overlooking The Isle of Wight
4 Bedroom grade 2 listed cottage. Built in 1850 .Short walk from Mudeford Quay .A short ferry ride to Henigsbury Head.beautiful beaches ,nature reserve .Bike riding in the the New Forest. There so many Pubs Restraunts and cafes in easy reach.Victoria Cottage has 4 bedrooms a shower and hand basin in the master bedroom with a king size bed .The 2nd bedroom has a king size bed tv and hand basin .3rd bedroom has tv and 2 single beds and 4th bedroom has bunk beds.Downstairs there is a large conservatory overlooking the large rear garden a cosy living room with a 40 inch flat screen tv and fireplace with a front window overlooking the front garden a beautiful dining room and a large kitchen with silestone work tops double butler sink and old waxed pine units and table .
Top Traveller Review
Lovely property, great location
About the Owner
(9 traveller reviews)
Lovely property, great location
Extended family of eight, including two toddlers - well equipped kitchen spacious lounge and dinning room, comfortable beds, outside toilet a bonus with large family. Toddlers loved garden - great location, Mudeford Quay on doorstep, Bournemouth and Christchurch very close by, spent a lovely day on Allum Chine beach,
The owner couldn't have been more helpful in making our stay wonderful. Beautiful Cottage and so well decorated. Paul thank you for such a brilliant week I hope to revisit soon.
Lovely property, great position.
We had a wonderful few days in this lovely cottage. There were seven adults and one child staying for a family wedding in Christchurch, perfect location. The cottage is large and there was plenty of space for us all. Sunshine streamed into the conservatory which was lovely while having a morning cup of tea. Our grandson enjoyed the garden and walks along the beach which are within easy reach. Thank you Paul for all your help. Definitely coming back.
A Perfect Week
This was a last minute decision as we badly needed a break and Paul the owner couldn't have been more helpful. We wanted a cottage with a garden, close to a pub and pet friendly - even though it was only my husband, me (and dog) Paul made it possible to stay in his cottage (which actually sleeps 8). The cottage is charming, spotlessly clean, comfortable and well equipped. It has been recently decorated and also has many interesting bits of furniture and curios. The conservatory was my favourite spot to spend many a peaceful hour reading and watching the birds in the garden. Mudeford has two pubs, we were four doors down from the Lord Nelson and had a very enjoyable Thai takeaway from there. The highlight was breakfast and then evening meal at the Noisy Lobster on Avon Beach. Good food and pleasant staff. We had many lovely days out exploring the area - Portland Bill, Chesil Beach and a magical day on the Isle of Wight (order tickets for the ferry on line as it is cheaper and fill your car up with fuel as it is very expensive on the island) I would recommend the cottage to families, people with a dog and anyone who wants a comfortable peaceful week in Dorset
Charming Dorset cottage
We loved staying at Victoria Cottage and will definitely return again. The cottage is really large, very comfortable and very clean. It has all the fabulous features of a traditional cottage coupled with the modern amenities. All the facilities one needs are there and the garden is super. We particularly loved spending time in the conservatory.
The cottage is a very short walk to Mudeford Quay and Avon Beach and a short drive to Christchurch, Highcliffe and the various delights of the area. We could not have wished for better accommodation and location.
Beautifully presented Victorian Cottage
We've stayed at Victoria Cottage several times as we simply love it and hope to for many more years to come. The cleaner must have changed as when we were there it was very clean. My 3 children love the house and the wonderful garden. It has been renovated recently to a high standard whilst conserving the original features. Its such a bright, happy cottage with lots of space in a fantastic location. There is a park 2 mins away and the quay and beach are only a short stroll away. Thank you for so many great memories.
Activity and Interests
Mudeford quay is a 10 minute walk to Avon beach and Henisbury Head opposite with the dearest beach huts in England. Avon beach has 2 lovely cafe / restaurants Christchurch is a 5 minute drive with boat trips and ferries
Bournmouth airport is a 10 minute cab drive away.
In Christchurch is a Market on a Monday many restraunts 5 on the river There are a few supermarkets.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25 percent deposit taken on booking and the balance 2 months before holiday.
Usually Friday to Friday but can be flexible in quieter times not peak times. Short breaks can be catered for also.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has shower /hand basin. Bedroom 2 has hand basin. Main bathroom has a state of the art all white bath Fully tiled floor and walls with large hand basin funky tap and low level soft close toilet. For the boys is an outside toilet and hand basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) with large gardens. Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with king size bed shower and hand basin with windows overlooking the front and rear garden 2nd bedroom has king size bed. hand basin and 30 inch flat screen tv. 3rd bedroom has twin beds and 30 inch flat screen TV. bedroom 4 has bunk beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage was fully refurbished in 2014 to a very high standard with all rooms fully carpeted in the same coloured striped Crucial Trading carpet. It has retained all it's original features. There is room on the drive for 3 cars with a large front garden. Outside: The rear garden is very secluded and south facing with a gas BBQ the gas and the cleaning is the responsibility of the tenant. Utility Room: If required there is an outside shed with a chest freezer and tumble dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen is supplied Other: A dining room with French doors to the rear garden With a very old coloured Indian table with 8 Tolic chairs. Shash window overlooking the front garden. An old Indian dresser sits beside a lovely fireplace.