House in Le Palis, Nr. Vaison la Romaine, Provence, France - Peaceful Location, 3 Km From Vaison One Way And 3 Km From Villedieu The Other.. Lovely Walks.
Very quiet situation amongst gorgeous vineyards, in a small hamlet. Very spacious living area, enclosed garden and private pool, parking for two cars. 3 bedrooms with option of further accommodation in loft room.
About the Owner
I live in London with my husband. We've owned our beautiful Le Palis house for about 12 years and spent many lovely holidays there with our family (grown up children and 5 grandchildren!)
Guestbook comments from the owner
I have guests from America who have spent their 8th year in the house this year and always report a lovely time. We ourselves have spent many wonderful family holidays at the house. Comments from other guests can be obtained on request.
From the Owner
“We used to live in Strasbourg, France, and had previously owned a small house in nearby Gigondas in the 70s. So we knew and loved the area and wanted to purchase a new holiday home there when we were able to.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Next door to a riding stable, near to many listed villages and chateaus including the lovely old town and Roman remains at Vaison-la-Romaine. The house is also near to Mont Ventoux which is on the annual Tour de France route.
While the nearest seaside beach is about one and a half hours' drive, there are small beaches and popular swimming areas at the river in nearby Vaison.
40 minutes' drive from Avignon
1 hour from Nimes airport
1 and half from Marseilles
We suggest use of car is essential; however there are bikes (2) in the house so you could, potentially, take a taxi from the train station/airport and then travel around by bike once you've arrived at the house. There is a bike rental shop in nearby Vaison.
Half way between Vaison-la- Romaine and Villedieu (about 3 KM to each). Half an hour drive from Mont Ventoux and a short distance from many 'listed' villages, such as Crestet, Seguret, Gigondas etc.
All amenities in Vaison, two large supermarkets 15 minutes away. Small local store 5 minutes away in Roaix. Many good restaurants (we can recommend lots!) and wine caves nearby.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
After initial enquiry, 25% deposit required to secure booking. Short contract with terms and conditions then sent. Balance due 6 weeks before departure.
Preferred day Saturday. Arrival after 4.00pm and departure at 10.00am. But we can be flexible - please contact us to discuss any further details.
Notes on prices:
Please contact us with any questions.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Although it is a holiday villa, the property has a lovely homely feel to it too and our guests have always fallen in love with the house and the area. It really is a beautiful area; we are right in the middle of many vineyards with stunning views out over the Dentelles. Vaison-la-Romaine is a lovely, vibrant town full of cafes and bars, lovely independent shops and restaurants, with a lovely little cinema and a fabulous weekly market (food, clothes, art etc). There always seem to be art/music events going on in town. Conversely, nearby Villedieu is a quite and sweet village with a central square with one bar and one pizza restaurant that we love. Beautiful old buildings and churches to be discovered down winding streets and alleys. We love going there for an evening drink.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs: 2 x WC, 1 x bathroom with bath, shower. Upstairs: 1 x en-suite shower room.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double bedroom with en-suite shower room, one twin bedroom upstairs and one twin downstairs. Partly finished loft room with double bed (available on application).
- Notes on accommodation: Charming and comfortable house, ideal for both calm, relaxing holidays or full family vacations. Outside: Small but lovely and well cared for garden with patio, dining table, BBQ area and beautiful views. Loungers and chairs around private 8m pool. Utility Room: Washing machine, sink, storage for chairs, loungers, bicycles, barbecue etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. Changed once a week. Tenants expected to leave house as they found it regards cleaning. Other: There is a large, partly finished loft room with double bed. Very spacious. May be used if needed, but must be specially requested. Otherwise this does not form part of the rental.