Villa in Islamlar, Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Villa Genevieve Is Located In A Private Rural Location Near The Peaceful Village Of Islamlar
This luxury Villa is situated in a Spectacular location in the mountain village of Islamlar, with its many trout restaurants and Excellent traditional local cuisine. It has private access off the village road set amongst Vines and Pomegranite fruit trees. For relaxing outside and enjoying the Panoramic Views Villa Genevieve has a large Private Infinity Pool, Jacuzzi and Sun Terrace. Large well equipped BBQ area with table and seating for Alfresco Dining. Furnished balconies, a large Roof Terrace. The stylish interior continues the luxury with travertine floors, Full Air Conditioning, underfloor heating, stylish lounge with Satellite TV, DVD, Sonos music and Internet access. A fully-equipped kitchen with dinning facilities for 8. 4 double bedrooms all with en-suites. Large games room/2nd Lounge area, equipped for Table-tennis, Table-football, Playstation 3 with wall mounted TV and L shaped Sofas with additional wall-Mounted TV (40 inch). The villa is suitable for families and groups and is within 5-10 mins walk of picturesque Islamlar and 10 mins drive from Kalkan’s many restaurants.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Patara beach rated one of the best in Europe by the Sunday Times is a 20 min drive. The stunning setting of Kaputas beach 15 mins away. Kalkan beach clubs 10 mins.
The nearest airport is Dalaman (approx 1.5 hour drive) and flights are direct from the UK.
Transfer to and from the airport is usually by private car or minibus. We can arrange transfers and car hire from Kalkan at very reasonable prices.
Islamlar: Easy walking distance. Kalkan and Kalamar beach club: 10 min drive. By car or bus: Kaputas beach 10 min, Patara beach 20 min, Kas 30 min, Fethiye 1 hour. Other local attractions are easily accessible, such as Xanthos (the ancient Capital of Lycia), the sunken City of Kekova, the ghost town of Kayakoy, the rock Tombs of Tlos, Demre and the Church of St Nicholas (Father Christmas), the mountain villages of Islamlar and Bezirgan and Saklikent Gorge. Daily boat trips are also available.
The idyllic town of Kalkan on Turkey's dramatic Lycian coastline nestles in the Taurus Mountains above a small, picturesque harbour. Its enchanting narrow streets lined with small shops, local restaurants and listed whitewashed houses with shuttered windows and carved timber balconies tumbling with Bougainvillea, twist down to an ancient harbour. From here, overlooked by a tiny white Mosque, the fish are brought ashore in the morning and the Wooden Gulets sail out on their day trips around the bays and outlying islands.
The Gulets offer daily cruises, stopping off at several bays/beaches for swimming snorkelling, mud baths and lunch or Evening cruises with swimming, dinner and fabulous Sunset views. The prices for these Gulet cruises are by person (generally maximum 10 but some are larger) or for a private party (2 to 10, depending on the capacity of the vessel). Normally all is inclusive apart from drinks, which you can purchase on-board - Recommended, excellent value.
The climate in Turkey is similar to southern California, and the sea is the colour of turquoise. Whether you want to relax by your own pool or on sun-drenched beaches, visit ancient sites, shop at bargain prices for real gold jewellery or fake designer labels, there is something here for everyone. There is also a good range of sports available, including: diving, snorkelling, water-skiing, jet-skiing, windsurfing, sailing, horse riding, kayaking, canoeing, paragliding, and more.
For food lovers, Kalkan offers some of the best food in Turkey, either from its traditional locations, the harbour-front restaurants, or on the romantic roof terraces for which Kalkan is famous. Or visit the trout restaurants of Islamlar, the mountain village above Kalkan, where the trout pools are fed by mountain springs.
Kalkan is a friendly, picture-postcard pretty, town that despite its increasing popularity and sophistication has retained its charm. No wonder so many holiday makers return to Kalkan every year.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non-refundable 25% deposit is required to secure the booking. The balance is payable 8 weeks prior to departure, together with a refundable £500 damages deposit, which will be returned subject to no breakages, damage or loss, within two weeks of the final day of the holiday. Flights are not included in the price of the villa.
Cancellation Notice: Over 8 weeks - No charge, 6-8 weeks - 75% of rate, 4-6 weeks - 50% of rate, 2-4 weeks - 25% of rate, 2 weeks No refund.
Saturday but can be flexible.
Notes on prices:
Flights and transfers are not included. Transfers and/or car hire can be arranged at competitive rates. For prices out of season please contact the owner.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Stereo ...
- Video Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 jacuzzi bath, wc sink and vanity unit. En-suite to Bedroom 2 shower, wc, sink and vanity unit. En-suite to bedroom 3 shower, wc, sink and vanity unit. En-suite to bedroom 4 shower, wc, sink and vanity unit.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with double bed, Bedroom 3 with twin beds and Bedroom 4 with double bed.
- Notes on accommodation: Villa Genevieve has been designed to provide spacious, luxurious accommodation set in the breathtaking Taurus Mountains in the heart of the Traditional Turkish Village of Islamlar. The Spectacular Panoramic views and the historic local sights come together to provide a wonderful environment to cater for all tastes. The accommodation is luxurious and spacious with ample room for up to 8 guests to enjoy the facilities provided. In addition there are local activities ranging from visiting historic sites, organised tours, water sports in Kalkan or fabulous Dining either locally in Islamlar or in Kalkan. The Villa itself sits within its own grounds, front and back, including a driveway from the village road through the private gateway to private parking. This is surrounded by the Landscaped Walled Gardens with many varieties of trees, including fruit trees and Palmiers. Villa Genevieve is not overlooked and is very private. Outside: Patio with 8 sun beds, outside BBQ, sink and granite worktop, dining area with a granite dining table and chairs for 8. The walled landscaped gardens are around 3 sides of the Villa, with the front opening out onto the grape vine Pagola and pomegranate fruit trees. The ground floor bedrooms and living room2/games room all open out onto the walled garden area. Views are panoramic all around the valley and down to the sea and harbour, with the Islands of Mouse and Snake prominent in the Kalkan Bay. The Jacuzzi, flows into the large infinity swimming pool, which has shallow areas at both ends. Access is via Stainless Steel steps or tiled steps from the Roman end/Jacuzzi area. The depths range from approximately 1 metre to 1.5metres and the pools overall dimensions are about 3 metres to 9 metres. Utility Room: The Utility room is located on the ground floor with Washing Machine, sink, storage units, Ironing board and Iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The Villa is maintained by a local couple - Aisha and Turhan who will be very pleased to help with any questions. A weekly maid service is provided for cleaning, changing linen and towels. Large Pool Towels are provided. The Pool area is cleaned daily. Other: Games/2nd living room has L shaped sofa seating with 40' TV, Air-Conditioning, portable table-tennis, Table-football and Playstaion 3/TV. The games room is situated on the ground floor next to bedrooms 3 and 4 with Patio window access to the garden.